IGNORED

Team News

The Enormous Turnip

Gary just on SSN - not giving much away regarding team news except Basso will be back between the sticks tonight.

GJ also made a point of praising Weale for 2 or 3 fantastic saves against Wolves when the interviewer mentioned Wolves first goal.

Two great goalkeepers to keep happy, Weale has been excellent and accepts tonights decision.

As will Basso when Weale replaces him in the future: 2 true professionals.

That's the gist of it anyway.

Basso is the number one, and I'd be very confident that if Basso makes a mistake tonight he won't get dropped. When fit he's number one. and rightly so i guess now, because Weale keeps making mistakes whenever he comes in. Competition for plces is one thing, but perhaps Weale's under so much presurwe for his place..maybe that's too much and unfair. Unless Basso gets injured again (more than likely) that's it for Weale IMO. Weale really hasn't displayed the all round ability i thought he had. He might not get another chance to.

Basso is the number one, and I'd be very confident that if Basso makes a mistake tonight he won't get dropped. When fit he's number one. and rightly so i guess now, because Weale keeps making mistakes whenever he comes in. Competition for plces is one thing, but perhaps Weale's under so much presurwe for his place..maybe that's too much and unfair. Unless Basso gets injured again (more than likely) that's it for Weale IMO. Weale really hasn't displayed the all round ability i thought he had. He might not get another chance to.

Weale will be our no.2 and challenging Basso all the way until he chooses to seek regular first team football elsewhere.

It's nonsense to suggest he's blown it at City.

One mistake followed by 3 superb saves suggests that he more than made up for his unfortunate error of judgement.

Little doubt Weale will be City's next permanent number 1 providing his patience doesn't run out.

01 Basso

02 Orr

16 Webster

04 Fontaine

03 McAllister

17 Sproule

14 Skuse

33 Johnson

18 Wilson

15 Adebola

10 Maynard

Substitutes

22 Weale, 08 Noble, 20 Williams, 23 Trundle, 28 Akinde

I wonder what the chances of Akinde getting his first competitive run out, maybe if were 3 up by halftime :fingerscrossed:

Massive decision re McIndoe.

If it doesn't work it's going to be hell on otib for a week or so for anyone who's happy with BCFC!

Nice to see Noble is alive. Was worried.

Says Louis/Elliott misses out, but not injured, hmmm. Maybe they don't know yet? Or maybe...

What the hell is going on??!!!!

This line up really REALLY worries me.

Surely Louis/Marvin are injuries?

I don't normally say things like this, but we wont win tonight with that line up. I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, but it doesn't look good. 3 of our best players not in the squad at all.

Glad to see Noble back though.

Prove me wrong Gary and the boys... :noexpression:

I get the feeling that a few players are being punished for whatever reason, I can't see any other reason for such an unbalanced and weak selection.

I hope GJ gets away with it, but I think we're in for a hiding.

Edit: 0-2....

Well, Carey has a dead leg, but I don't know about the others.

I'm just a punter and I know that side will more than likely lose, so I'd like to think GJ hasn't selected purely for footballing reasons.

What an absolutely awful start and expected with the line-up played. I'm sure Johnson will confirm afterwards that Carey and possibly Elliot are carrying knocks....or the latter just lacking match fitness still. The only options left for us are to change it around sooner rather than later. With Trundle and Noble on the bench we have a bit of creativity on the bench but unfortunately no options to put on the wing unless he takes a huge gamble and throws Akinde in at the deep end and hopes he swims rather than sinks.

Johnson said not to let the Wolves defeat ruin our season and then he seems to have made what could be seen as unnecessary wholesale changes....

It can't get any worse can it? Come on....sort it out before there's not enough time left.

I can understand the reasoning behind the Mcindoe omission but then if the result is that we lose badly at home to Plymouth then it can be seen as cutting ones nose off to spite ones face.

I love Johnson and am a member of the Always Believe brigade.........but at times even God can be criticised and so far he's definitely paying the price for a huge gamble.

Edit........just noticed Williams is available too but from what I've seen and others have commented he definitely isn't a right winger.

Archived