IGNORED

Team News

The Enormous Turnip

Cue a spirited City comeback in the second-half after a severe ticking off from Johnson. 2 goals down though is a big ask....especially as we were looking to bounce back with a win. Saying that we scored 4 in one half against Doncaster so not impossible. Johnson's on a booking so I'm wondering whether we'll see Williams take his place in the centre or Noble?

We've got Noble on the bench who hasn't had a kick this season so he isn't up to a game, and Williams who hasn't really showed any sort of form since coming here :dunno:

Shows that the depth of the squad isn't that deep.

But there'll probably be some changes at half time anyway - I really wouldn't want to be a City player in that dressing room at half time...

Well perhaps Johnson should start stripping paint off the walls before the players go out there because this "tactic" we have of having a look at the opposition in the first half is starting to get rumbled. I'd like to judge Williams in his natural central midfield position before criticising his lack of form. We clearly aren't bossing the midfield tonight judging by the fact we have had a couple of shots in half an hour at home so perhaps it is now time to have a look at other options. Given we have possibly thrown away the points tonight already, now would be as good a time as any.

Perhaps tonight will do us a favour. Because if missing just three players has such a negative effect on the performance of the team then it would seem that some serious squad strenthening will be required in the transfer window. From what I can gather we have pretty much been restricted to long range efforts with neither of the wingers getting crosses in from the byeline and neither central midfiled player either prepared or allowed to run beyond the front two and look for a goalscoring opportunity. And, yet again, Maynard and Adebola are left isolated up front to feed off scraps. It doesn't take a genius to work out the weak department in our team (or at least in the team selection tonight which only reinforces the point about lack of squad depth). And to be fair, some people have been saying it for quite a while now.

G.J`s "team" may not be the best available footballers at this club; but will be the one`s that havent picked up "knocks".

I for one do not believe everything I`m told just what I`ve seen.

Very odd as Adebola was having a stinker so says the radio man. Trundle surely should have priority or Akinde....i assume we must be going 'LONG BALL' with two bigguns up front.

Looking forward to my trip up to sheffield on the weekend, might get to see Stambolsiev at this rate!

That's one goal scored with no midfield then ha ha!! Here begins the previously discussed spirited comeback! Not a bad debut!

'We always believe...we always believeeeeeeeee........but maybe didn't 5 minutes ago!!!'

Clear penalty apparently...'blatant pull of the shirt on Adebola by Marcel Seip' but the ref didn't give it. Come on City...keep it up!!

Make an impact, Noble has!! Get in there!! Now why the hell did we have to make this game so damn difficult? I hope this means Noble will be around the match day squad more, possibly with Trundle given a prolonged run as well(maybe give Maynard a rest now and again). Is praying for a winner asking for a bit too much?! COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS!!!

Weale will be our no.2 and challenging Basso all the way until he chooses to seek regular first team football elsewhere.

It's nonsense to suggest he's blown it at City.

One mistake followed by 3 superb saves suggests that he more than made up for his unfortunate error of judgement.

Little doubt Weale will be City's next permanent number 1 providing his patience doesn't run out.

left out Elliott, Carey and Mcindoe!! Crickey

First point:

justseen replays of the first goal

thought at the time that it was just a good strike but on SSN it looked savable? Could be wrong though.

Second Point: Carey gone is a shocker as is Elliot but not too worried about mcindoes absence hopefully he will get his head down now this game has passed without him in it and work hard to get in the team.

How many times will we be a team of two halves?

I don't know how many more times Maynard has to clearly ask for the ball to his feet. It appears that Johnson and the players have forgotten that we don't HAVE to play the long ball game and try to bypass the midfield.

Trundle was amazing when he came on and Plymouth simply couldn't handle him.

I was impressed by Akinde and his work rate, like Trundle he really played like he had something to prove.

We were lucky for the draw tonight as Sturrock's attempts at slowing the game down very nearly worked.

Archived