IGNORED

Skuse's Nine Lives

fka dagest

I'm not in the habit of singling out single players for criticism, but for me we've entered another Joe Burnell situation with Skuse. I know people get tetchy because he's nice, young, local etc, but for me he's used up his nine lives. Excuses about being young, a squad player etc just aren't good enough any more. Quite frankly he was appalling tonight and generally isn't good enough. Let's get a decent replacement for Elliot when he's injured.

Skuse doesn't offer anything at all. No vision, panics in front of goal and quite frankly his ball winning/holding midfield capability is pretty second rate also. Gave away first goal tonight if you ignore Basso's error and was responsible for the second I think against Brum. When he's not on the pitch we look a better team and I gather he was made to look foolish up against Jarvis on sat. Really has to go.

I'm not in the habit of singling out single players for criticism, but for me we've entered another Joe Burnell situation with Skuse. I know people get tetchy because he's nice, young, local etc, but for me he's used up his nine lives. Excuses about being young, a squad player etc just aren't good enough any more. Quite frankly he was appalling tonight and generally isn't good enough. Let's get a decent replacement for Elliot when he's injured.

Not a good game for Cole and I to cannot bare to criticize a fellow Red but looking off the pace, lethargic and out of touch could describe any of the players in the first half. Although he proves to be a capable 'filler inner' when we are in need of one, he just cannot be considered a like for like replacement for Marv. We really need enthusiasm, energy, imagination, quality and commitment from the midfield and that player wasn't showing in the first half. Fortunately Mssrs Noble and Trundle tick most of these boxes already and surely put themselves in contention for first XI starts against Sheffield Utd?

Skuse doesn't offer anything at all. No vision, panics in front of goal and quite frankly his ball winning/holding midfield capability is pretty second rate also. Gave away first goal tonight if you ignore Basso's error and was responsible for the second I think against Brum. When he's not on the pitch we look a better team and I gather he was made to look foolish up against Jarvis on sat. Really has to go.

Agree wth the above comment, Skuse just don't cut the mustard i'm afraid. By far the worst player on the pitch.

I don't think Skuse has cut the mustard so far this season. Don't get me wrong, he is professional, Local and committed, but he's just to lightweight.

Go and eat some burgers Cole, or go the the Trundle school of diets.. (only kidding)

I think it is a tough call with Webster and Skuse. I thought Webster was useless last night and park centre backs could have done better. Did he win a single header?

He won a number of them........unfortunately handing possession back to Argyle more often than not.

Worst 60 minutes @ the Gate that i can remember for a long time. As for Skuse, absolutely shambolic. I`d have had him off before half time, gave no support to LJ in the middle, just kept backing off their players coming through the middle.

Whatever has gone on behind the scenes over the past few days needs to be sorted out PDQ. I`m all for Johnson asserting his authority but it so nearly backfired last night.

Got to the Gate about 7.20 last night and recieved the team news on my mobile just as we were walking past the ticket office. Telling my daughter that Elliot wasn`t in the squad, she says ` i know he`s just walked past me `.....look up from my phone and he`s closely folowed by McIndoe !!!!

Whatevers happened, the players were def not up for it at all in that 1st half, maybe GJ`s `my way or the highway` attitude went a step to far this time.

PDG

I don't think it's fair to single out Skuse in a midfield that was shocking in the first half last night.

Skuse, Johnson and Sproule were very poor, and Wilson not much better (Wilson gets the extra 'points' because he seems to be more dynamic and full of running than the other three).

The tactical substitutions that introduced Trundle and Noble were just about correct in my view, and Lee Johnson should count himself lucky that all the substitutes were used, because he should have been replaced as well.

simply a league 1 player and i get the feeling he is only still at the club because he is such a good pro and has a good attitude. ability wise, i hate to say it, but he doesnt seem to have it.

Well being a good pro with a good attitude isnt a bad start.

And for anyone to say Skuse has no ability is just bizarre. Good passer, skilful and full of energy.

Admitedly last night he was poor and a bit hesitant. Skuse can be a tenacious tackler, which he hasnt shown this season - which I believe is due to a reluctance because of a couple of very harsh sendings offs and bookings when he was more of a regular in the team before Elliott arrived.

I've been told Skuse is a decent centre half, he certainly showed against Brum he is a very good right back, and all in all a very useful player to have in the squad.

Well being a good pro with a good attitude isnt a bad start.

And for anyone to say Skuse has no ability is just bizarre. Good passer, skilful and full of energy.

Admitedly last night he was poor and a bit hesitant. Skuse can be a tenacious tackler, which he hasnt shown this season - which I believe is due to a reluctance because of a couple of very harsh sendings offs and bookings when he was more of a regular in the team before Elliott arrived.

I've been told Skuse is a decent centre half, he certainly showed against Brum he is a very good right back, and all in all a very useful player to have in the squad.

I agree Skuse last night was poor but techniqually he is a very good player, yes he might be lightweight but hes range of passing and his awarness on the whole is good.

He looks like he is lacking confidence and this showed last night, IMO he deffinetly has ability but he needs to take a game by the scruff of its neck and really boss the midfield, if he could do this i see know reason why he cant be a good championship player.

that neaty sums up my view, so I will not comment further!

Archived