Guest greatwhite

Guest greatwhite

chatting with malaggro the other day about the good goals scored

whilst in the east end

i can remember the 25-30 yarder from rennie against hull

think we won 4-0

whats yours? :D

Andy Llewellyn's testimonial match.

First and only time me Dad took me over from the open end.

All I remember was a bloody gert post in my way and a great pair of knockers to the left of me.

Happy Days :dunno:

Talking of knockers, remember the get em out :D in the Williams viewed from the E.E :D

A Steve Neville diving header ended a great move with a goal at the cherished East End many years ago.

The Jacki thunderbolt mentioned above was at the Open End.

Ralph Milne's volley on his debut was very special as well.

I could reminisce all night - just looking a the East End now takes me back to the awesome days of a packed East End singing for 90 mins - It was 90p to get in back then!

Happy Days!

:D

The previously mentioned Royle 4 goals, Mike Thresher kicking Stan Matthews up in the air, Tom Ritchie and his Cruyff shimmy/step over plus Bobby Gould getting tackled about 35 yards out but managing to stumble a further 18 yards before falling over and appealing for a penalty - great days.

John Emannuel`s goal to beat Man Utd 1-0 1974/75 season.

Clive Whitehead`s goal against Portsmouth that put us in

the old Division 1....An the best memory were ole John

Atyeo`s goals against Oldham that put us in the old division

2 1964/65! Great days they were, but we we could be seein`

more celebrations like that again in a few weeks!

Here`s Hopin`! UP THE CITY! :D

Guest torquay red
Ican beat that!!!!!!!!!

Joe ROYLE on his debut 4 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D yeah i remember those goals,does anyone remember Norman Hunters [bite yer legs] goal against his old club leeds?got a programme from that game with his autograph somewhere.Does anyone know what the old div 1 team members are doing now?The likes of Chris Garland,Clive Whitehead,Gerry Gow,the list goes on.....?

The very first time going to a City match .Approx 5000 on a cold November night versus Hereford Utd.Obviously the eastend wasnt packed but I remember the hairs on my neck standing up when the singing started.From then I was hooked

Alan Walsh going down the left-wing towards us taking on the right-back and putting a gorgeous cross in.

Getting to Ashton Gate for the semi-final Littlwoods cup match versus Forest and forgetting my ticket.Being a sunday bus service I had to run all the way back to Withywood to get it(Christ I was fit then).Managed to get a lift back.I remember "clambering" over a packed eastend to get to my place with the rest of me mates :rolleyes:

In that match I remember Parker scoring for Forest and us hitting the post in the dying minutes right in front of me :sad56:

Archived