IGNORED

Place Your Bets

dezgimed

Of all the scape-goats you could have chosen from that shambolic first-half display you pick Johnson.

Not Basso, not Webster, not Skuse, not Wilson - but Johnson. Who did what wrong exactly? Why would you drop a player who is playing well?

And who we missed last season when he was injured! But let's not go over old ground again?

I make no reference to this evenings game.

Just genuine curiosity. Any statto's care to find out when he was last dropped, as in, dropped out right?

The play-off final. The biggest game in City's history (contentious statement with the 1909 FA Cup Final but I'm putting my neck on the block here).

Of all the scape-goats you could have chosen from that shambolic first-half display you pick Johnson.

Not Basso, not Webster, not Skuse, not Wilson - but Johnson. Who did what wrong exactly? Why would you drop a player who is playing well?

Wilson was one of the best players we had in the first half along with Maynard and Sproule, they were the only 3 that looked likely to do anything of any interest and that may get us somewhere, the rest were all to varying degrees crap. johnson was by no means the worst, that is firmly reserved for Adebola and Webster. but he was most definately part of the problem and not part of the cure, he did very little to merit any praise tonight, constantly giving possesion away, barely passed forward all night, continually made wrong decisions trying thoroughly rediculous passes when a better option was on, spent all his time camped his usual 6 inches infront of the back four playing them into trouble most of the time. For me he just doesn't add enough to the team to justify his inadequacies. Trundle or a player like that i can take the team carrying him for 85 minutes because one moment of brilliance creates a goal, can anyone tell me honestly when Johnson last did that ? because i can't remember.

Whether Johnson plays or not the other Johnson simply has to find a way of incorporating the ONLY goalscoring and creative midfield threat we have (assuming we never get to see Williiams in a central role) which is David Noble. Whether he goes 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 who knows but Noble needs to be in that starting eleven end of story. Accurate ten yard passes, workrate and keeping the ball moving are all great attributes but there is no substitute for out and out quality and Noble is the only midfield player we have who can literally turn a game with a moment of genuine quality.

I like lee johnson, but how people can say he played well last night is beyond me. He gave the ball away more than any player. He wasn't our worst player that was clearly webster followed closely by skuse. I would love to see noble given a stretch of games alongside marv. We lack creativity with johnson and skuse and are far more defensive when they play. Whereas a fit nobes would create a lot more and score more. Lee johnson is a good player but even when he does have a bad game the problem is this forum stick up for him. I personally would just like to see a change and see how it goes. He has been nothin more than average this season.

I make no reference to this evenings game.

Just genuine curiosity. Any statto's care to find out when he was last dropped, as in, dropped out right?

I don't think he has ever been dropped outright.

I know he was taken off away to QPR last season because my dad text me in the south France especially because he couldn't believe what he was seeing!

Was he dropped for the PO final or did he get injured and lose his place?

The point is not having a go at him, its the bizarre situation that given our various options in CM, we never ever try any of them.

Elliott and Noble?

Elliott and Williams?

How are we to know our best team, if Gary doesnt experiment?

Maybe he does experiment in training and it's obvious that it won't work in a game?

He's shown he's willing to 'drop' our player of the season when someone challenges for his palce, (injuries or not, Weale and Basso are job sharing!), so i trust him.

What I mean is, that if someone was challenging for Junior's place, I believe the boss would change things. It's not about the 11 best individuals, is it?

If he thinks that the best combo involves Lee, i trust him. :)

Not today then.

Part of a poor team that lost 3-0 last week.

A man of the match performance by Gavin Williams today (CM), who played RW was subbed after 65/70 minutes.

LJ was especially poor today.

Noble wasnt on the bench and as mentioned GW made him look poor, so maybe next week he'll be dropped.......

What crap.

Williams played right midfield for Johnson for many years, he was no where near man of the match and Noble was injured. I thought Johnson played alright and got forward more and was involved in some good moves, always wanted the ball.

But hey never lets facts get in the way

What crap.

Williams played right midfield for Johnson for many years, he was no where near man of the match and Noble was injured. I thought Johnson played alright and got forward more and was involved in some good moves, always wanted the ball.

But hey never lets facts get in the way

Except it isnt fact though is it.

Yesterday was Williams best game for City, and was decent and then hauled off. He clearly isnt a RW however.

Always wanted the ball, always wanted the ball, always wanted the ball. Doesnt make him a better player for it.

got to agree about gav, certainly his best performance for us, he made a couple of turns on the wing and i said to me old man that if they had been in the centre of the park we would have been in.

to be fair I'm a big lee johnson knocker, but i didnt think he was that bad yesterday, yes he gave the ball away in stupid places and wasted a very very easy chance to get a shot on target, but he looked slightly more attacking and tried to play a bit higher up the pitch.

Ok then lets keep this shizit going.

A good game at Charlton saw LJ keep his place and deservedly so.

Average against Barnsley. Poor against Sheff U and bloody terrible against reading (hauled off at 65 mins).

With Williams MOM against Sheff U, and quality against Norwich, and Noble impressing today...

The question is, will LJ be dropped for the trip to Saints?

:noexpression:

Average against Barnsley. Poor against Sheff U and bloody terrible against reading (hauled off at 65 mins).

With Williams MOM against Sheff U, and quality against Norwich, and Noble impressing today...

Putting relationships to one side (it isn't an issue for me anyway) LJ performed poorly today and his direct competition for the place (Noble) performed well and our midfield was more solid when he came on. There shouldn't be the slightest issue about who gets picked next week in my eyes. All three players who got substituted were poor today and should be rested next week - for no other reason than to show them that they have to do a lot better when playing Championship football.

obsession

1.the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

When will LJ be dropped?

T&Cs

Not Injured. Not injured then on the bench. Outright dropped.

I'll start and go with never. Serious.

:innocent06:

He will not be dropped. Obviously the manager, right or wrong, has very high thoughts of LJ. Players not appreciating his role in the team are the ones to be offloaded if they are not carefull enough in playing a game.

Archived