IGNORED

New Players In This Season

terjon

The new players we signed this season have not improved the side in my oppinion,

After 9 league games and 2 cup games we can start to judge these guys,

MAYNARD...........I hope he settles in, but to be honest we paid £2.25M for this guy and he has looked poor, I don't want to hear about service or hes young, he the same age as fabregas, rooney, ronaldo so that dosnt really give an excuse.

I don't think there is one person who has watched him in a game this season that would reccomend maynard or pay £2.25M for him. G J must be very dissapionted, I pray this lad comes really good.

Williams.............Hes done Ok, but I don't think he is better than Noble.Simple..

Webster...........What a joke......I can see why he has not played for 2 years, he's awful..

Akinde...........Did well when he came on.....lets hope he turns out to be a legend.

Felling sorry for Trunds, Brooker, Noble, they should be in this team and all 3 have done very well when called up on.....

Any thoughts guys! :tumbleweed:

Fair assessment.

Had he not been injured Ribero would have had a debut by now but I'm sure that James Wilson on loan at Brentford where he is getting good reviews could not have been any 'worse' than Webster.

You rightly make the comment about age re. Maynard when you look at the starlets of comparable age in the Prem.

Why are you speechles mate,

We keep hearing, excuses, WELL GIVE HIM TIME HE's ONLY YOUNG, What a load of Bollox.....

I used the prem players as an example ..........

yes good comparison they play for man utd and arsenal!! :disapointed2se: we are Bristol City a team who is in there 2nd year in the championship!!! Get real. Maynard is a good player and will get better! Mcindoe is highly rated how old was he before he made step up to championship?? and theres many others.. :tumbleweed: 21 is young for a footballer!

yes good comparison they play for man utd and arsenal!! :disapointed2se: we are Bristol City a team who is in there 2nd year in the championship!!! Get real. Maynard is a good player and will get better! Mcindoe is highly rated how old was he before he made step up to championship?? and theres many others.. :tumbleweed: 21 is young for a footballer!

What a load of tripe.......

21 is not young for a footballer, there are players all over the world playing at this level ...........you lot make me bloody laugh.........

MAYNARD...........I hope he settles in, but to be honest we paid £2.25M for this guy and he has looked poor, I don't want to hear about service or hes young, he the same age as fabregas, rooney, ronaldo so that dosnt really give an excuse.

I don't think there is one person who has watched him in a game this season that would reccomend maynard or pay £2.25M for him. G J must be very dissapionted, I pray this lad comes really good.

Thoughts - that is the biggest load of b0llocks I've read on here, and to be fair over the last couple of days I've read some right sh1te!

He plays for Bristol City ffs - if he was good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Fabregas, Rooney & Ronaldo he'd be at Arsenal or Man U already. Maybe the others are at bigger and better clubs than NM because they are better players, ever thought about that?

It's got everything to do with the service as far as NM is concerned, he's an out and out striker, not many can survive without crosses coming in or balls being played through. Lay off the kid, we've all seen what he can do at Crewe. He's getting used to us, we're getting used to him - he will come good, mark my words.

I really hope that none of the players are reading this today. We're 10th in the Championship in our second season. If you had told us this in May 07 when we got promoted we'd all have settled for that. Last season really has raised the expectations of some fans way too high. Last season was fantastic, but how many, hand on heart, thought in August that we could do it again? I'll settle for improving the squad in January, a top half finish and build again. Maybe I've been a City fan for too long and getting used to not expecting too much, but lets not run before we can crawl. This is one tough luck this season, a lot harder than last year.

Rant over, been in a bad mood all day. That has got it off my chest. Thank you for listening!

Thoughts - that is the biggest load of b0llocks I've read on here, and to be fair over the last couple of days I've read some right sh1te!

He plays for Bristol City ffs - if he was good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Fabregas, Rooney & Ronaldo he'd be at Arsenal or Man U already. Maybe the others are at bigger and better clubs than NM because they are better players, ever thought about that?

It's got everything to do with the service as far as NM is concerned, he's an out and out striker, not many can survive without crosses coming in or balls being played through. Lay off the kid, we've all seen what he can do at Crewe. He's getting used to us, we're getting used to him - he will come good, mark my words.

I really hope that none of the players are reading this today. We're 10th in the Championship in our second season. If you had told us this in May 07 when we got promoted we'd all have settled for that. Last season really has raised the expectations of some fans way too high. Last season was fantastic, but how many, hand on heart, thought in August that we could do it again? I'll settle for improving the squad in January, a top half finish and build again. Maybe I've been a City fan for too long and getting used to not expecting too much, but lets not run before we can crawl. This is one tough luck this season, a lot harder than last year.

Rant over, been in a bad mood all day. That has got it off my chest. Thank you for listening!

Pathetic mate..hes old enough to show us what he can do..........service is shite i agree...........but that does not excuse his bad touch and the fact he falls over all the time.........so you would pay £2.25M for him in this form............I bet you bleeding would then....... and to cap it all I bet he doesn't play on saturday because he has been very poor.......END OF RANT

The problem with judging if the new players have improved the team is that they are yet to play in a side with both McCombe and Elliott. We've lacked a presence in both boxes this season and this, more than the new players, is the cause of our recent poor form. If offered Byfield and Showunmi for Akinde and Maynard I'd not hesitate to say no thanks.

Terjon, mate. With all due respect, your opinion is well appreciated. But other people are entitled to their own opinion without you calling them every name under the sun and almost saying ' I'm a bigger fan than you because I'm always right'. It's not just this post, I've seen it in other topics you've posted in. So let's just pay a little bit more respect to people with their opinions that differ to yours.

As for the topic, yes Maynard has played poor so far and I am disappointed with him but I believe he'll come good eventually; hopefully starting on saturday v Sheff Utd!

Terjon, mate. With all due respect, your opinion is well appreciated. But other people are entitled to their own opinion without you calling them every name under the sun and almost saying ' I'm a bigger fan than you because I'm always right'. It's not just this post, I've seen it in other topics you've posted in. So let's just pay a little bit more respect to people with their opinions that differ to yours.

As for the topic, yes Maynard has played poor so far and I am disappointed with him but I believe he'll come good eventually; hopefully starting on saturday v Sheff Utd!

Ok........I agree .........I just get fed up with people who do reply in these posts and not reading the original thread, Which was asking a simple question. Have the new players been a success.

I fully understand we have missed elliot and maccombe, I also agree that these players are better than showumni and byfield, However we have paid a lot of money for maynard and while I hope he comes good, so far you wouldnt reccomend him to anyone and would not see him as a good buy as it stands. IMO he will be dropped for saturday, I believe Trundle, Brooker and Noble have done well when called upon... If people in here are satisfied with Maynards contribution thats fine, me personaly cant see so far why he cost us so much money....... :badmood:

The new players we signed this season have not improved the side in my oppinion,

Williams.............Hes done Ok, but I don't think he is better than Noble.Simple..

Webster...........What a joke......I can see why he has not played for 2 years, he's awful..

Akinde...........Did well when he came on.....lets hope he turns out to be a legend.

Felling sorry for Trunds, Brooker, Noble, they should be in this team and all 3 have done very well when called up on.....

Webster - Agreed - Poor but cover and nothing more.

Williams - looks poor so far, no better than what we currently had and not fit to lace Carle's boots.

Akinde - long term signing, looks promising

Maynard - Quite simply, he IS young and is suffering from ZERO service, you mention being young isn't an good enough excuse, but it is, you mention Fabergas, Ronaldo and Rooney, however what you forget is when they stepped up a level in football they weren't instant successes, Fabergas took a season to settle into the Prem when he first came to England as did Ronaldo, but after a while they really started to shine, Rooney also was an instant hit, but tool a while to settle into Premier League football when stepping up a level from Reserve/Youth team.

Maynard has made a big step up from an mid-table league 1 team, to a promotion chasing Championship team, it's going to take him a while to settle to the standard of football and he's going to be hit and miss for a while, but as Johnson said when Maynard was signed he was bought as "FANTASTIC POTENTIAL" he's not the finished article yet but will improve in time, but as previously said his BIGGEST problem this season is SERVICE.

You can't blame Maynard. He is a box player and desperately dependent of us playing some football.

As many I have high hopes for Akinde.

yet another positive thread from terjon :noexpression:

honestly do you not get bored? booed last night i guess?

a kid of 15 just told you how to act, and youv'e been a fan since the 60's hmmm

you say you don't want to hear about the lack of service, well what we should just agree with your tripe? or we could assess the FACTS and see we have payed 2.25 million pounds for a player and have not played to him, you mention his first touch, well that proves my point really, he has to control the ball all the time becaus he is being played as a target :noexpression: look at nearly all his goals at crewe, getting on the end of crosses or running on to something that hasnt been seen at ashton gate for decades ... a through ball :o

genuinly clueless some of our fans are, i mean if your going to spend so much money on a season ticket you would expect some sort of actually footballing knowledge, unless you like the colourful matching clothes they wear?

I don't buy the 'he's young, give him time' either. He's probably been coached since he was 6 or 7 years old. 'If he's good enough he's old enough' says the Barnsley manager who briefly played a 15 year old kiddie last night (15 years 45 days to be exact).

Never mind the age of Maynard, give him some service.

:surrender:

Another ridiculous thread...thanks alot for your intriguing input once again :noexpression:

First off Noble's only played about 12 minutes this season because of an op.

Terjon...last week it was the Dolman you moaned about...this week Maynard's a waste of money cos he's only scored 2 in 9 league games...in a new league...with a new team...in a new city...with a team with sweet FA service. He's making sharp runs, hunting the ball down and getting in good positions so give the lad a chance...he was an investment not a quick fix.

We haven't got a home game for 2.5 weeks...what are you going to moan about next week?!

Join the Blue Side of town...your moaning will be more at home there.

:surrender:

Another ridiculous thread...thanks alot for your intriguing input once again :noexpression:

First off Noble's only played about 12 minutes this season because of an op.

Terjon...last week it was the Dolman you moaned about...this week Maynard's a waste of money cos he's only scored 2 in 9 league games...in a new league...with a new team...in a new city...with a team with sweet FA service. He's making sharp runs, hunting the ball down and getting in good positions so give the lad a chance...he was an investment not a quick fix.

We haven't got a home game for 2.5 weeks...what are you going to moan about next week?!

Join the Blue Side of town...your moaning will be more at home there.

Absolutely. I wonder if Terjon is actually two people.

Only a week or so ago, he said:

"maynard scores like we all said he would once elliot back in the middle with his energy"

Three days before that he said:

"Fully agree, maynard cannot be happy with the service he has been given, but he must also be dissapionted with how he has been playing, poor control, falling over all the time. he does look like a little boy playing a mans game."

Then a few days before that he said:

"I know he will score goals".

I'm confused.

Pathetic mate..hes old enough to show us what he can do..........service is shite i agree...........but that does not excuse his bad touch and the fact he falls over all the time.........so you would pay £2.25M for him in this form............I bet you bleeding would then....... and to cap it all I bet he doesn't play on saturday because he has been very poor.......END OF RANT

I know I shouldn't bite - but please tell me how what I said was pathetic? It's all fact!

Would I pay £2.25m for him - not my decision mate, so pointless asking me. But yes, I was hoping we signed Maynard in the summer and I'm glad we did.

Maybe he won't play on Saturday, maybe Akinde will be given a chance after an impressive start. going to slag him off if he doesn't score?

This thread is about the new guys improving the team and I think so far they have not performed as well as we all hoped.

Some of you guys seem to think its not exceptable to critise certain aspects of the team, The maynard issue, I have commented if you care to read the thread on all the players,

If I am so hard on Maynard why did johnson take him off at half time, (What hes so young he had to go to bed)

OK............So when Gary Johnson drops maynard this saturday will the excuses from mr johnson be

(well I had to drop nicky because hes only young) NOPE! or

( I had to drop Nicky because our midfield is crap and we don't know how to pass to him) NOPE!

He will drop him because he is struggling,

Maybe you younger guys cant read on here but this thread is merely stating that Maynard so far has not played very well

( The eveil post give 5 out ten most games).

Infact most people I have spoken to don't rate maynard at all, I have defended him and told them do give him a chance

( but this thread is not about writing off maynard, I am sure he will come good given time, Unfortunatley he hasnt played well in most of the games) Which is the point being made......

Keep up ladies........... :disapointed2se:

I think the team has improved and we have seen glimpses of great play but unfortunately it hasn't been for more than 45 mins in a game and therefore just not enough. If the players get their confidence up then I think we can have another crack at promotion - but I agree that the "New Players" haven't made an immediate impact to forward us to the likes of Reading and Birmingham so we look worse but in fact are a bit better

Look at Billy Sharp for example, scored bags of goals for s****horpe in league 1. Moved to Sheff Utd for 2 million, he didnt make an immediate effect in his first season, didnt score many goals. The Sheff fans were constantly moaning about the guy for not being up to standard and not scoring as many goals as expected.

He was young and looked like he has bags of potential, and look at him now he is off the mark and has started scoring! now has a regular starting place and is starting to look worth his price tag!

That just proves that maynard is young and may need time to adapt to this league and the players around him, so fingers crossed he will become a brilliant signing!

Nicky Maynard has had two injury hit seasons while the 3 players you mentioned have racked up around 5 seasons worth of football.

It's not age..it's experience. Nicky has more to learn and more to come.

This thread is about the new guys improving the team and I think so far they have not performed as well as we all hoped.

Some of you guys seem to think its not exceptable to critise certain aspects of the team, The maynard issue, I have commented if you care to read the thread on all the players,

If I am so hard on Maynard why did johnson take him off at half time, (What hes so young he had to go to bed)

OK............So when Gary Johnson drops maynard this saturday will the excuses from mr johnson be

( I had to drop Nicky because our midfield is crap and we don't know how to pass to him) NOPE!

Maybe you younger guys cant read on here but this thread is merely stating that Maynard so far has not played very well

Infact most people I have spoken to don't rate maynard at all, I have defended him and told them do give him a chance

( but this thread is not about writing off maynard, I am sure he will come good given time, Unfortunatley he hasnt played well in most of the games) Which is the point being made......

Agree that the new boys haven't got up to standard yet, don't think anyone will disagree on that point.

I wasn't at the game on Tuesday, so can't comment on why GJ took NM off, and I think there's a good chance that maybe Trundle or Akinde will start at Sheff U on Saturday. Will that give you some great pleasure in being proved right? I really don't get what you're trying to prove. Can't wait for the 'told you so' post on Saturday when the team is announced.

I'm 35, I can read perfectly well, think it's all the bullsh1t that gets in the way with most people.

I really can't be bothered with this thread anymore. You keep bitching and whinging and I'll be thankful of where we are.

Maynard was subbed because he had a slight hamstring injury preventing him for playing 100 percent.

Archived