IGNORED

Time For A Loan Signing?

Cookie

1 Wolverhampton 9 13 22

2 Birmingham 9 6 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Reading 9 13 17

4 Burnley 9 0 15

5 Sheff Wed 9 -2 15

6 Sheff Utd 9 5 14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Cardiff 9 2 14

8 QPR 9 1 14

9 Preston 9 -1 14

10 Bristol City 9 4 13

11 Ipswich 9 4 12

12 Plymouth 9 -1 12

13 Coventry 9 -1 12

14 Blackpool 9 -2 12

15 Swansea 9 -3 12

16 Southampton 9 -1 11

17 Charlton 9 -1 10

18 Derby 9 -1 10

19 Norwich 9 -3 10

20 Crystal Palace 9 -3 9

21 Watford 9 -4 8

22 Doncaster 9 -9 7

23 Barnsley 9 -7 5

24 Nottm Forest

Why?

1 Wolverhampton 9 13 22

2 Birmingham 9 6 20

3 Reading 9 13 17

4 Burnley 9 0 15

5 Sheff Wed 9 -2 15

6 Sheff Utd 9 5 14

7 Cardiff 9 2 14

8 QPR 9 1 14

9 Preston 9 -1 14

10 Bristol City 9 4 13

11 Ipswich 9 4 12

12 Plymouth 9 -1 12

13 Coventry 9 -1 12

14 Blackpool 9 -2 12

Why?

you have answered your own question.

Because right now.......we are well off the pace, considering the aim at the start of the season was promtion and we are ALREADY 8 points off 2nd place, I think it's quite obvious that the squad so far this season hasn't been good/strong enough and we need re-inforcements.

Because right now.......we are well off the pace, considering the aim at the start of the season was promtion and we are ALREADY 8 points off 2nd place, I think it's quite obvious that the squad so far this season hasn't been good/strong enough and we need re-inforcements.

What so 1 poinf off the play offs is well off the pace? The aim at the beggining of the season was to do as well as we can and after just 9 games I think it's a little unreasonable to expect us to be walking the league...

We've only lost 2 games (both against the top 2). We just need to get our full squad back from injuries and we'll be ok again. We've been without our number 1 keeper for a few games, our captain missed our last game, our strongest midfielders been out for most of the season so far and our big money signing forward has been injured in almost every game so far. It's not that bad.

What so 1 poinf off the play offs is well off the pace? The aim at the beggining of the season was to do as well as we can and after just 9 games I think it's a little unreasonable to expect us to be walking the league...

We've only lost 2 games (both against the top 2). We just need to get our full squad back from injuries and we'll be ok again. We've been without our number 1 keeper for a few games, our captain missed our last game, our strongest midfielders been out for most of the season so far and our big money signing forward has been injured in almost every game so far. It's not that bad.

I don't mean to belabour this point, but before the start of this season Steve Lansdown publically stated that we were aiming for a top 2 finish this term. That, coupled with the fantastic platform we built last season and some decent signings should have propelled City higher than their current position.

Furthermore I can't ever imagine a team gathering with Gary Johnson stating, "Right lads, let's do as well as we can this season and hold that thought."

You are missing the point.

Nobody expected us to walk the league, but if we've got the chance to strengthen the squad with a couple of loan signings then I say go for it!! Whether we were 1st or 24th, bringing in players that will add more competition/versitality to the squad is always a good thing.

2 points off the play offs. The aim at the start of the season was as SL stated PROMOTION, I don't expect us to be walking this league however I expected us to be competing towards the top end, looking at the squad, we look overall weaker last season and the biggest problem from last season (lack of creativity from midfield) has still not been resolved.

We have only lost 2 in 9, however we have also drawn 3 home games against teams we should be beating if we are to push for promotion.

Regardless if a few players have been out, Modern Day Football is a SQUAD game and right now the SQUAD isn't strong enough, Missing Basso hasn't been a problem as Weale is more than good enough, Carey has missed one game so isn't a season long issue, and Maynard hasn't been injury for most of the season at all? Elliott has been out, but that's it.

All I wanted us to do this season was to try to build and improve on last season, so far this season we are stagnant at best, you could almost say we have gone backwards.

2 points off the play offs. The aim at the start of the season was as SL stated PROMOTION, I don't expect us to be walking this league however I expected us to be competing towards the top end, looking at the squad, we look overall weaker last season and the biggest problem from last season (lack of creativity from midfield) has still not been resolved.

We have only lost 2 in 9, however we have also drawn 3 home games against teams we should be beating if we are to push for promotion.

Regardless if a few players have been out, Modern Day Football is a SQUAD game and right now the SQUAD isn't strong enough, Missing Basso hasn't been a problem as Weale is more than good enough, Carey has missed one game so isn't a season long issue, and Maynard hasn't been injury for most of the season at all? Elliott has been out, but that's it.

All I wanted us to do this season was to try to build and improve on last season, so far this season we are stagnant at best, you could almost say we have gone backwards.

Well Well Well, You write you are not happy with the improvement we have made this season........On another thread I said the new signing haven't really improved us and you slagged me of.....

Wake up mate, before you speak........... :disapointed2se:

Well Well Well, You write you are not happy with the improvement we have made this season........On another thread I said the new signing haven't really improved us and you slagged me of.....

Wake up mate, before you speak........... :disapointed2se:

Can you actually read? I suggest you re-read my previous posting that you are refering too.

In your past thread, you have slated Maynard stating he

looked poor, I don't want to hear about service or hes young, he the same age as fabregas, rooney, ronaldo so that dosnt really give an excuse.

when the problem with Maynard is that he is getting ZERO quality and he is very young and will improve when he adjusts to the higher standard of football

What I have said is that as a WHOLE the squad hasn't been improved on last season so far, (not referring to individual players) and that the same problems exist as last season as in we have decent forwards who are capable of goals, but don't get the chances to score them because they aren't getting the service.

Perhaps you should take a little lie down and re-read the postings before you start moaning on without actually knowing what your moaning about?

I don't think we've gone backwards..

We've one less point than this time last year, scored one more goal and conceeded one more. It's pretty stagnant, and that if people remember is quite good!

Sure we'll improve the squad a bit more in January. And no it won't be too late by then, we'll be in the hunt most likely.

Can you actually read? I suggest you re-read my previous posting that you are refering too.

In your past thread, you have slated Maynard stating he

when the problem with Maynard is that he is getting ZERO quality and he is very young and will improve when he adjusts to the higher standard of football

What I have said is that as a WHOLE the squad hasn't been improved on last season so far, (not referring to individual players) and that the same problems exist as last season as in we have decent forwards who are capable of goals, but don't get the chances to score them because they aren't getting the service.

Perhaps you should take a little lie down and re-read the postings before you start moaning on without actually knowing what your moaning about?

Make your mind up mate,

You say maynard is young and will improve, yet he has not been poor?

Well please help me out here, he can only improve (your words) if he as been poor, or has he been really good but will be brilliant, make your mind up mate..

Make your mind up mate,

You say maynard is young and will improve, yet he has not been poor?

Well please help me out here, he can only improve (your words) if he as been poor, or has he been really good but will be brilliant, make your mind up mate..

:noexpression:

No he hasn't been poor personally, just not played to his strengths, Yes he is young and yes he will improve, but that doesn't mean he is poor at the moment.

A player can play well/ok/average/poor/excellent and still improve, any player who is playing at 20 is likely to improve.

jesus christ, I give up, you've successfully taken stupidity to a new level on this forum, something I honestly thought wasn't possible, come back Jags all is forgiven!

Chelski?

I doubt they would look at us as anything bigger than a league 1 club.

However if this rumour does turn out to be true then I shall take my hat off to you sir

It came via an ex poster on here, who I would class as very reliable.. But, as always, I will believe it when I see it..

But one more goal against Plymouth and we would have been 4th, whats the panic.

Top half at the end of the season will be another good year.

Play offs would be fantastic.

Its a brilliant league to be in, i for one am happy to be in it for a couple more years at least.

Get the new ground and then "go for it" when we are able to sustain it, no point in going to the "money" league when we all know we arent ready yet as a club.

But one more goal against Plymouth and we would have been 4th, whats the panic.

Top half at the end of the season will be another good year.

Play offs would be fantastic.

Its a brilliant league to be in, i for one am happy to be in it for a couple more years at least.

Get the new ground and then "go for it" when we are able to sustain it, no point in going to the "money" league when we all know we arent ready yet as a club.

I think this is a very sensible post.

This time last year we had 14 points and a +2 goal difference and were sitting in 6th place.

That is only 1 point better off than we are now and with a worse goal difference. We've also scored 1 more goal as well.

I'd also argue we've had a much more difficult opening ten games than last year and I'm putting together a 'fixture-to-fixture' comparisons for this block of ten right now, just to show we're not as far off last season's achievements as some people seem determined to believe.

Food for thought;

Last year at this stage Stoke were 10th with the same points as we have now and a worse goal difference, while Hull were 12th with 10 points and a level goal difference (and Hull only drew their 10th game, away to Palace).

All is not yet lost.

Archived