IGNORED

Fifa 09

Barrs Court Red

I've got it, i have to say it's awesome.

The only two annoyances I've come across so far are:

the be a pro doesn't appear to be configurable, which means you have to wait for 20 players to sort themselves out and it takes bloody ages. Then, you get 10 players aside thinking they are all attacking players and the game turns into a farce.

When a goal is scored, the cut to animation is the very nanosecond the ball crossed the line which means you rarely see the ball hit the back of the next cos the camera is off follwing the goalscorers celebrations (which are player controlled now btw).

Anyone find Maynard a lightweight waste of space?

14 games in and a new keeper has been draughted in through my scouting network which also produced a nice attacking winger who can play left or right.

The longball game seems to work a dream with Dele upfront, he's scored 11 so far, although the goals are drying up as the online play has put me off my game against the AI.

Talking of online, the replays are geting on my tits. Massive mistake not being able to turn them off.

I am very much liking it too! Put myself in CM in pro mode for City not realising I've left it on AMATUER mode! 16 games and 40 odd goals for myself in and I might as well keep now I'm getting noticed and might get picked for England reserves soon! (wtf?)

I can imagine the 10 v 10 being schoolboy football though, everyone wants the ball and if they can't get it, they kick people and get sent off

I'm up for a league as well if someone wants to get one going on here! My PSN is Sammma123

Fairly decent not in love with it though I only got it yesterday and I am a staunch PES man to be honest.

I started by playing Semi-Pro with manual shooting passing everything and I must admit I struggled badly so I changed to Semi assisted on all of them and that has seen better results only signed one player and that was Harper from Reading and a loan player from Inter.

Think I am 16th after 10 games but since I have changed to semi assisted I have lost one and won 2 I am going to get back to manual and probably knock it up to Pro soon.

I've been playing it on PC and very much enjoying it, although the players likenesses aren't very good (Trundle is bald as a coot, and Fontaine is fully caucasian). Hoping to get a 360 soon though.

In the meantime, is anyone else playing the PC version?

Yes I'm playing on the PC, I took City up via the play offs in my first season. We lost the first leg to Wolves Away 4-1 but then I went on and hammered them 9-3 in the second leg and beat Brum 3-0 in the final. Struggles to start with in the prem and I was one game away from being sacked but I pulled it together by winning 5 on the trot and got the the FA cup quarter finals. Due to the shitty transfer system I've suffered. I always set my ticket prices as high is that a good thing to do?

My line up is like this,

----------Waterman----------

------Domingos--- Oriol-----

Degan--Campbell--Wellington

Mayrata Gual-Eliott- Asamoah

-----Antuncci---Mclean-----

Prem teams were ripping through my defense so I figured if I overloaded the defence then it would be OK and it worked a treat, The pace of Mclean really sets my counter attacking tactic up.

Does it annoy anyone else that you can't assign squad numbers and they keep replacing the number 2? Because of this I've decided not to sign any players so my first team is:

Henderson

Ribeiro Walker J.Wilson Fontaine

Artus Elliott Skuse Myrie-Williams

Maynard Plummer

Oh and I wouldn't say the players were spot-on... Artus? A Left Winger? ... Maynard? White?

I think Eamer is talking about the 360 version, as I noticed Maynard was white in that build. In the PC build he is black, but Fontaine is white. Other than that the character models seem the same. Such a shame we aren't allowed to edit them, for licensing reasons. Orr looks like Desperate Dan.

Still the generic stadium is not far off Ashton Gate, which is nice, and there's plenty of Name-specific commentary strings on the 360 version, although the relegated Championship teams seem to have their entire squads name checked in the commentary.

I like the way the announcer calls out the squads over the PA, on the console version.

Got it for PS3 on Sunday.

Having been a STAUNCH PES man since the days of smiley faces to indicate if a player was fit or not, the first Iteration on the PS3 was a MAJOR disappointment. So when my mate bought me UEFA 2008 for my Birthday, FiFA 09 was the obvious choice.

The problem I have with it though, obviously I chose City, I just can't bring myself to play it on anything but Amateur, as I would hate to Lose when playing as City.

When i make the step up in Level, I will definately have to change teams.

BTW how do you sell players? as all I seem to be able to do is release the buggers.

Also how do you negotiate contracts? Even when I make offers 50% more than what they are currently on, they still decline the offer.

Just got an Xbox for my birthday, so hopefully I'll be going online soon if people want to hook up for some matches / co-op / Become a Legend on PES. Having played both versions on Next-Gen, am sticking with PES.

I'm currently playing PES 2009 on PC in Be a Legend. I'm a weedy 18 trying to play as an attacking midfielder and I keep getting bullied off the ball.

Anyone find Maynard a lightweight waste of space?

14 games in and a new keeper has been draughted in through my scouting network which also produced a nice attacking winger who can play left or right.

The longball game seems to work a dream with Dele upfront, he's scored 11 so far, although the goals are drying up as the online play has put me off my game against the AI.

Yeah a long througball whether it be on the deck or in the air flies into dele a treat shame his passing is wayward...

My current undefeated formation is as follows:

Basso

Orr McCoombe Carey Fontaine

Williams Elliot Trundle

Maynard Adebola Brooker

Not sure how long I'll last defensively though!

Just got an Xbox for my birthday, so hopefully I'll be going online soon if people want to hook up for some matches / co-op / Become a Legend on PES. Having played both versions on Next-Gen, am sticking with PES.

I'm currently playing PES 2009 on PC in Be a Legend. I'm a weedy 18 trying to play as an attacking midfielder and I keep getting bullied off the ball.

So what is PES2009 like then?

Having always been a pro evo man(International Soccer or whatever it was), PES 2008 on the PS3 was TERRIBLE - hence why I switched to Fifa09.

So what is PES2009 like then?

Having always been a pro evo man(International Soccer or whatever it was), PES 2008 on the PS3 was TERRIBLE - hence why I switched to Fifa09.

2009 is as bad, IF NOT worse than 2008, me and 3 mates all got it on day of release and all massive Evo fans, within 10 days all 3 of us had flogged it,

Online Laggy as ever, it took them long enough to fix 2008 online, cant be arsed to wait to fix 2009, offline the Champions League addition is nice, but not really worthy of a mention, Become a Legend is good, but no different really than the fifa version.

personally, I'd stick with Fifa, which I find depressing to say as I've been a Evo/ISS man since the SNES, unfortunately the game has been over-taken finally by Fifa.

thankfully I managed to get it for £27 from Asda on day of release and sold it for £29 on ebay

Archived