IGNORED

Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

Lack of Action Man

I didn't go today but got to 90% of games.

I would say weak links are left back (JM), central (LJ) and right midfield (IS). The most worrying is midfield. Is Elliot really fit yet? If not then he can't provide adequate protection to the back four and we are suffering for it. We also aren't giving our strikers enough chances- our creative central midfielder never scores and only provides assists from corners.

I would say weak links are left back (JM), central (LJ) and right midfield (IS). The most worrying is midfield. Is Elliot really fit yet? If not then he can't provide adequate protection to the back four and we are suffering for it. We also aren't giving our strikers enough chances- our creative central midfielder never scores and only provides assists from corners.

similar to me, reguarly home and away first league game I've missed this season.

AGREE WITH ALL OF IT.

I would just like to know from those fans who were there today, or if you have seen the goals where exactly did we go wrong and if at all where di we go right?

What about Tuesday what are your views on the weak links and our stronger ones?

Today was the first game ive missed this season so can't comment on that but with regard Tuesday surely the tatics employed to rescue a point, where the centre of midfield was just not just used at all after its capitulation in the first half, tells the story??? City became so much more effective when Trundle had the ball to feet wide or Akinde put himself about from Direct long balls played from deep.

Until we compete with the oposition in the vital centre of midfield we will continue to struggle. It is not nice to single out one player and despite the number of posts on this subject I really don't like it, but it is the way it is. Lee Johnson would have to be some player with the ball to justify selection, as he does very little without the ball tracking back, tackling, closing down etc. Unfortunately for City his effectivness with the ball is not satisfactory enough to build a team around him. He is a honest pro but he does not possess the class and physicality to justify that.

I know the pie charts will be brought out to counter my view, but remember relgated Colchester scored more goals than City last year and much of Johnson contribution I suspect would have come from set plays. We are losing games in general play at the moment and until that changes in my opinion he does not justify selection.

He therefore is a weak link.

Well said. We need a Micky Bell type player who doesn't get a nose bleed when he goes forward, we also need some quality in the midfield to set up the likes of NM and battle. I would go as far as to say we have one of the weakest midfield squads in the championship.

All the goals were conceded from set pieces nuff said. We havent had a settled defence all season and Basso hasnt been fit. Doesnt help when we have no pace on the wings either. We need to bring a few fresh faces in to make the players realise their places arent guaranteed every week.

Well said. We need a Micky Bell type player who doesn't get a nose bleed when he goes forward, we also need some quality in the midfield to set up the likes of NM and battle. I would go as far as to say we have one of the weakest midfield squads in the championship.

the problem is......Elliott and McIndoe are among the best midfielders in this division, unfortunately the other half of the midfield are among the best midfielders in league 1

the problem is......Elliott and McIndoe are among the best midfielders in this division, unfortunately the other half of the midfield are among the best midfielders in league 1

Precisely, my sentiments exactly, when they are both on form. I also feel DN should start before LJ, because he is a better all round player. But if we are going to kick on from last year we need even better players than any of them.

Today was the first game ive missed this season so can't comment on that but with regard Tuesday surely the tatics employed to rescue a point, where the centre of midfield was just not just used at all after its capitulation in the first half, tells the story??? City became so much more effective when Trundle had the ball to feet wide or Akinde put himself about from Direct long balls played from deep.

Until we compete with the oposition in the vital centre of midfield we will continue to struggle. It is not nice to single out one player and despite the number of posts on this subject I really don't like it, but it is the way it is. Lee Johnson would have to be some player with the ball to justify selection, as he does very little without the ball tracking back, tackling, closing down etc. Unfortunately for City his effectivness with the ball is not satisfactory enough to build a team around him. He is a honest pro but he does not possess the class and physicality to justify that.

I know the pie charts will be brought out to counter my view, but remember relgated Colchester scored more goals than City last year and much of Johnson contribution I suspect would have come from set plays. We are losing games in general play at the moment and until that changes in my opinion he does not justify selection.

He therefore is a weak link.

Again, a top post and agree with it all.

About time some others took the blinkers off.

Precisely, my sentiments exactly, when they are both on form. I also feel DN should start before LJ, because he is a better all round player. But if we are going to kick on from last year we need even better players than any of them.

DN or GW would be better than LJ for me but will it happen- no!

DN or GW would be better than LJ for me but will it happen- no!

I'm not convinced with Williams to be honest mate. He looks distinctly average whenever I've seen him at length.

Problem as I see it is today we had in midfield

A Championship standard left winger

An Championship standard central midfielder not fully fit

A League One central midfielder

A right winger playing out of position because we don't have a decent right winger

Up front we played two players suited to hoofball.

The best player who made an impact from tuesday was sat on the bench.

How about sticking Adebola as the lone man with Trundle sitting behind him??

Instead of a young kid suited to long balls?

Sounds like same old silly mistakes at the back again cost us.

Can't help thinking that the many games I saw last season where I've come away thinking "to be fair we never deserved all 3 points" is coming home to roost a bit.

As a first choice eleven we can mix it up when all are fit.

BUT when things aren't going well or injuries bite we are really a shallow squad in regard to CCC quality.

Cole Skuse is anything but a Championship player. He has lost the ball through taking too long (one of the biggest highlights of a player out of depth you'll see) and it has cost us several goals which have proved decisive.

For me, you play a rugged ball winner in the middle with a play maker. Marv Elliott is a ball winner we all agree.

David Noble is a play maker. Nick Carle certainly was.

I just can't get the niggly feeling out of my mind Carle was sold on because the only person he was suited to replace was Johnson Jnr and that wasn't going to happen.

I hate singling people out but the Johnson issue is growing large as a big problem that needs addressing if we are to do anything this season.

We've been belted today and I sure as hell saw it coming too.

Have to agree, as much as I applaud the efforts of those players who got us to 4th last season it was obvious the league was going to be a lot tougher this season, hence the squad will always need improving year upon year and sentiment does not secure or improve ones league status, this was not done, as good as nicky Maynard may or maynot prove to be he is deffinately one more for the future than the present, especially as good quality service to our front pairing whoever they may be has been so limited.

Basically the squad as not been improved and as others have improved their squads, and are still bringing in loanees, yet we stand still, unless good quality loans are brought in we will be found wanting.

We hear that the money is there should GJ want it, well lets have it and sort it out, a creative midfielder who takes it forward and looks to send his striker away with good service instead alway looking for the safe pass, someone to play on the right who can get to the byline and get a cross in, a left winger to give Mcindoe competition, and finally a CB .

Mcindoe was right, the squad is thin on quality as we are now showing.

PS to the person who texted in to radio bristol to say " johnson out" GET REAL.

Have to agree, as much as I applaud the efforts of those players who got us to 4th last season it was obvious the league was going to be a lot tougher this season, hence the squad will always need improving year upon year and sentiment does not secure or improve ones league status, this was not done, as good as nicky Maynard may or maynot prove to be he is deffinately one more for the future than the present, especially as good quality service to our front pairing whoever they may be has been so limited.

Basically the squad as not been improved and as others have improved their squads, and are still bringing in loanees, yet we stand still, unless good quality loans are brought in we will be found wanting.

We hear that the money is there should GJ want it, well lets have it and sort it out, a creative midfielder who takes it forward and looks to send his striker away with good service instead alway looking for the safe pass, someone to play on the right who can get to the byline and get a cross in, a left winger to give Mcindoe competition, and finally a CB .

Mcindoe was right, the squad is thin on quality as we are now showing.

PS to the person who texted in to radio bristol to say " johnson out" GET REAL.

Johnson has to stay......all managers have a slump problem, is he needs to acknowledge that and then we, the supporters will.

Lets be honest we had a average team that played excellent together last year .....this year we have an average team that are playing poor. The quicker us (the supporters) and GJ accept that the better, then we can get back to work.

Weve all got wound up by the hype including GJ.

All went wrong in the summer when we didn't strenghten the midfield.

He didn't need to. As long as LJ is fit, he is more than good enough to fire us to the prem. :tumbleweed:

We don't want Carle. He is far to good and we may even mount a challenge for the prem with a lightweight midfield who don't score goals and give the ball away.

Lets just consolidate.

Oh...better still....a relegation dogfight sounds good! :noexpression: At least it'll be exciting? :fingerscrossed:

Where did it all go wrong?

In the Summer, we spent our entire transfer kitty on a single player, which in part, I suspect was a panic buy, partly to make up for the Meteb fiasco but also to appease the demands made on here (for example) throughout the entire Summer.

I honestly believe if we'd kept Carle and Vasko we wouldn't have been in the 'perilous' position we now find ourselves.

But hey-ho hindsight eh?

I would just like to know from those fans who were there today, or if you have seen the goals where exactly did we go wrong and if at all where di we go right?

What about Tuesday what are your views on the weak links and our stronger ones?

We should've had Nick Carle in midfield - we would have stormed it 5-0 with him in there!

"In GJ we trust" is the quote i often read.If thats the case then get used to the idea of LJ when fit, starting every game.

He was fit at the end of last season - can't recall him starting the play-off semis or the final - do you?

Thats because there was no justification putting him straight into the team after a lay off was there??????

But you said that when fit he would play. He was fit - he didn't play. I'm sorry but that blows your proposition out the water doesn't it.

But you said that when fit he would play. He was fit - he didn't play. I'm sorry but that blows your proposition out the water doesn't it.

The below quote blows yours even further does'nt it ?

Not really becuase the team was thrown upside down to get the chap on to the pitch, with no effect. Players out of posistion, now where have I seen that??

Archived