IGNORED

Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

Lack of Action Man

Not really becuase the team was thrown upside down to get the chap on to the pitch, with no effect. Players out of posistion, now where have I seen that??

Yes, it does. You said - read it again - that he would play when fit whatever. At the end of last season he was fit and didn't play until a nasty injury forced a reshuffle of the team. You are wrong - and have been shown by evidence to be wrong.

Where has it all gone wrong? Where has it all gone wrong?

Anyone would think we are where Forest are, at the bottom. Or at least in a relegation fight, at the end of the searson. Instead we're half way up the league, having had a conspiculously hard start to the season.

Sixrteen months ago we would have looked at this position and been thrilled. Ok we are aren't as high up but after 10 games we're only four points behind where we were last season. Have doubts, express fears, but where has it all gone wrong, get a wsense of proportion.

I was at today's game and the first half was good stuff from the lads. It was an entertaining game, much of it played at the Sheff U end of the field, and we were doing well.

Then Basso made a complete mess of throwing the ball out at the end of the half. He threw it out underarm, and it went about seven or eight yards forward to a SU player. Cue pandemonium, and enentually LJ mishit it for a corner (oh....here we go....) Cotterill played it in and Beattie smashed in a volley. Let me get it in here first, this was down to Basso, we couldn't think what he was trying to do. A proper clearance and we would have gone in a half time all square. Lining in Nottingham I didn't see the Plymouth game, but there was nothing wrong with this first half performance, bar that horrible finish.

Second half two more set piece goals, and at three nil SU bossed the rest of the game.

I thought McIndoe was far too narrow again today and most good width was down the right. Orr and Wilson played well, and I liked the look of Akinde. Thought Marvin still finding his feet and nowhere near as dominant (yet) as last year.

We hardly had a goalkeeping rick last year, and now three in row, and one point taken from three games. We're not having the luck that we had last season, but neither are we 'unlucky', nor has Johnson 'lost it', nor are the players or the tactics 'clueless'. It's just a spell we're going through. Could we be strengthened in the window? Of course we damn well could (along with every other side in the division. But are we good? Yes we are, and if seventeen months ago you had said we'd be where are now, I for one would not have really believed it.

Get a grip everyone, we're doing all right, and forget the frankly adolescent 'Where did it all go wrong'.

There...now I feel better!

P.S. Nice proper ground, Bramall Lane; two sides and two ends. Would like something like that for the new Gate

Anyone would think we are where Forest are, at the bottom. Or at least in a relegation fight, at the end of the searson. Instead we're half way up the league, having had a conspiculously hard start to the season.

Sixrteen months ago we would have looked at this position and been thrilled. Ok we are aren't as high up but after 10 games we're only four points behind where we were last season. Have doubts, express fears, but where has it all gone wrong, get a wsense of proportion.

I was at today's game and the first half was good stuff from the lads. It was an entertaining game, much of it played at the Sheff U end of the field, and we were doing well.

Then Basso made a complete mess of throwing the ball out at the end of the half. He threw it out underarm, and it went about seven or eight yards forward to a SU player. Cue pandemonium, and enentually LJ mishit it for a corner (oh....here we go....) Cotterill played it in and Beattie smashed in a volley. Let me get it in here first, this was down to Basso, we couldn't think what he was trying to do. A proper clearance and we would have gone in a half time all square. Lining in Nottingham I didn't see the Plymouth game, but there was nothing wrong with this first half performance, bar that horrible finish.

Second half two more set piece goals, and at three nil SU bossed the rest of the game.

I thought McIndoe was far too narrow again today and most good width was down the right. Orr and Wilson played well, and I liked the look of Akinde. Thought Marvin still finding his feet and nowhere near as dominant (yet) as last year.

We hardly had a goalkeeping rick last year, and now three in row, and one point taken from three games. We're not having the luck that we had last season, but neither are we 'unlucky', nor has Johnson 'lost it', nor are the players or the tactics 'clueless'. It's just a spell we're going through. Could we be strengthened in the window? Of course we damn well could (along with every other side in the division. But are we good? Yes we are, and if seventeen months ago you had said we'd be where are now, I for one would not have really believed it.

Get a grip everyone, we're doing all right, and forget the frankly adolescent 'Where did it all go wrong'.

P.S. Nice proper ground, Bramall Lane; two sides and two ends. Would like something like that for the new Gate

:clapping: Agree 100% with this post.

A bit of perspective needed.

Literally the first sensible post I've read this weekend.

The lads are clearly short on confidence at the moment and it's good that we have the two week break for GJ to address this and possibly bring in a loan signing or two.

Let's get some perspective, we had Sheffield United away on Saturday. 24,000 fans, loads of cash, a Premier League club in waiting, many quality players who wouldn't be out of place in the Premier League. It was never going to be easy. We made some silly mistakes at the back and they punished us clinically.

Losing 3-0 at Sheff U still seems a lot better than losing 3-0 at Chesterfield.

Our 3 loses have come against very good teams which shows we're not automatic promotion material. Well i think we all knew that at the start of the season.

Top half is another good season for this club, allowing us to move up the pecking order for signings, retain the players we want to and entice new ones.

Where did it all go wrong?

We got to the play off final last season, raising expectation levels to a point where defeats against Wolves and Sheffield United away from home are reported as a crisis by people who've lost sight of the strides this club has made under Gary Johnson.

That's where it all went wrong.

Where did it all go wrong?

We got to the play off final last season, raising expectation levels to a point where defeats against Wolves and Sheffield United away from home are reported as a crisis by people who've lost sight of the strides this club has made under Gary Johnson.

That's where it all went wrong.

Now why couldn't I have said it like that?? :bruce_h4h:

Literally the first sensible post I've read this weekend.

The lads are clearly short on confidence at the moment and it's good that we have the two week break for GJ to address this and possibly bring in a loan signing or two.

Let's get some perspective, we had Sheffield United away on Saturday. 24,000 fans, loads of cash, a Premier League club in waiting, many quality players who wouldn't be out of place in the Premier League. It was never going to be easy. We made some silly mistakes at the back and they punished us clinically.

Losing 3-0 at Sheff U still seems a lot better than losing 3-0 at Chesterfield.

The problem with your argument is that there are a lot of big clubs in this division with good squads and plenty of money.It is called The Championship and if we can't compete we will go down.We has a great first season and it should have been a springboard but GJ's insistenace on sticking with the lads who got us here mentality means we are incresingly getting out of our depth.New players with quality quickly please.

The problem with your argument is that there are a lot of big clubs in this division with good squads and plenty of money.It is called The Championship and if we can't compete we will go down.

At what point this season has it looked like we can't "compete" & will go down ?? If we can't compete with the best in this division (which whilst not impossible, will be very hard) then we will simply not get promoted ??

Of the games we've lost this season they've all been to teams in good form who are now in the top 6. In fact we have played the current 6th & 7th teams in the league away from home, scoring 3, conceding 0 & taking 4 points.

The thing which puzzles me about the forum is why people need to hype their argument - sure you can say we aren't playing great right now, but talk of not competing & relegation is daft.

Archived