IGNORED

Can Gary Take Us To The Next Level>

scumbag

you are talking out of your arse mate , if we had won 3-0 today you wouldnt have come up with the rubbish you have just written, things are difficult at the mo but the last thing we need to do is panic if we do we could end up with tinnion again ,

Quite, the timing of the post seems the most classically knee-jerk reactionary stuff I've seen yet. Absurd really, but then I am forgetting people were calling for his head within two months of his original appointment.

cor, deary me :fastasleep:

you are talking out of your arse mate , if we had won 3-0 today you wouldnt have come up with the rubbish you have just written, things are difficult at the mo but the last thing we need to do is panic if we do we could end up with tinnion again ,

This is just a typical OTIB post that gets right on my tits.

if you don't agree with the fella how about putting across something more constructive rather than the usual "talking out of your arse", "talking rubbish" and if we had won you'd....blah blah".

As per usual its that "little Clique" hovering around the forum that puts off anyone that wishes to have an opinion in print for fear of being lambasted and accussed of having an opinion that might upset the "Applecart of happy-clappers"

Ridiculous! Do you mean as in your statement, I have highlighted?

Tell me...i don't know what you do... but if you had been guaranteed a job for five years you would take your eye off the ball (excuse the pun) a little.

GJ now knows that he and his son are ensured work (or at least a HUGE payout) for at least 5 years and are set up for the rest of their lives.

Bad decision IMO by Lansdown.

GJ is a Good manager.....but he isn't that good! I think he is a LUCKY manager.

Some people seem to think that GJ will be our manager for ever. He'll move on and we'll get a better a manager (if not at first) and he will be a far more successful because he'll realise that "team spirit" will only get you so far, but its "quality" that will win you things!.

I can.........

Alex ferguson, Wenger, scolari,mourinho, moyes, redknapp............the list goes on

some of you have your heads so far up Johnsons ass that its unbelievable.

All of the managers you name are highly likely to come and manage Bristol City, aren't they? I suggest you take your head out of your ass.............

Tell me...i don't know what you do... but if you had been guaranteed a job for five years you would take your eye off the ball (excuse the pun) a little. One should not judge anyone by ones own standards. Also it's a question that does not relate to me as i'm not the one with a five year contract and I can't answer for anyone else, yet alone GJ

GJ now knows that he and his son are ensured work (or at least a HUGE payout) for at least 5 years and are set up for the rest of their lives.

Bad decision IMO by Lansdown.

GJ is a Good manager.....but he isn't that good! I think he is a LUCKY manager.

Some people seem to think that GJ will be our manager for ever. He'll move on and we'll get a better a manager (if not at first) and he will be a far more successful because he'll realise that "team spirit" will only get you so far, but its "quality" that will win you things!.

Not everyone is happy to settle for easy street, some are driven and some will just go with the flow, No one knows the future or what gary's ambitions are, except what he desires us to know, so how can you guarantee he WILL take his eye off the ball?

All of the managers you name are highly likely to come and manage Bristol City, aren't they? I suggest you take your head out of your ass.............

Hmmmm.....depends how you read the question, I'd have all of the above over a manager that constantly sleights the fans, cant take criticism and has HIS head firmly up his OWN ass!

Nope............ not mine, not GJ, not Stephen Lansdowns.

Unfortunately, we're now stuck with a manager for 5 years that will continue to play his son, milk the club for 5 years and turn away GOOD players because it may involve taking his son's place out of the team.

Ridiculous.

Harsh as it may be but I totally agree. I see no reason why LJ is in the team apart from the fact hes the managers son. Hes too small too leightweight, cant tackle, doesnt create much and gives the ball away far too much.

We had a quality central midfielder in Carle an a very god one in Noble yet the medicore LJ played an continues to play ahead of them.

Nope............ not mine, not GJ, not Stephen Lansdowns.

Unfortunately, we're now stuck with a manager for 5 years that will continue to play his son, milk the club for 5 years and turn away GOOD players because it may involve taking his son's place out of the team.

Ridiculous.

Wow. Absolutely incredible.

What good do statements like this do? Gary Johnson "milking the club" - don't make me ###### laugh!!! If milking the club is a promotion, a Championship play-off final and a team of honest footballers then give me it every week. And of course, the team is struggling entirely because he plays his bloody son! (sarcasm, by the way). You make me laugh mate, this is one of the most pathetic things I've seen written here on a while. Is your head so far up your backside that you can't see what Johnson has done for Bristol City and why he might DESERVE a 5 year deal?

As another poster testfied, there are many idiots who follow Bristol City. Many who are so fickle its bloody embarassing.

We're on a bad run, and I am concerned. I'm not a happy clappy, I feel the team needs a shake-up and I think we're short in key areas. But come on- what the hell are you on about?

A decade of underachievement and near relegation to LEAGUE 2 is turned around by GJ and you have the audacity to suggest he might take the club for a ride over the next 5 years...

It beggars belief.

I'm not a 'Johnson lover', his tactics currently frustrate me, and we're playing poorly.

But this a total OVERREACTION.

UNBELIEVABLE. Short memories and all that.

UP THE CITY.

Really? Examples of this constant sleighting please.

The people who pay his wages you mean?

How about..

1} Having a go about fans leaving early

2} Not singing enough/getting behind the team

3} Applauding the EE but not rest of the ground

4} Abusing fans who've paid their money to be entertained but want to express their opinion.

Do you need more?

How about..

1} Having a go about fans leaving early. Constantly? And no different than many on here.

2} Not singing enough/getting behind the team Constantly? And no different than many on here.

3} Applauding the EE but not rest of the ground Constantly? And I don't have a clue what you're on about here.

4} Abusing fans who've paid their money to be entertained but want to express their opinion. Constantly?

Do you need more?

I can.........

Alex ferguson, Wenger, scolari,mourinho, moyes, redknapp............the list goes on

some of you have your heads so far up Johnsons ass that its unbelievable.

Yeah why don't we just sign Ronaldo, Fabregas and Torres in the January Transfer window then get Ferguson as Manager. :clapping: what a plank.

How about..

1} Having a go about fans leaving early

2} Not singing enough/getting behind the team

3} Applauding the EE but not rest of the ground

4} Abusing fans who've paid their money to be entertained but want to express their opinion.

Do you need more?

Oh my god, get over yourself - how oversenstive can you be???!!! Everything GJ has said about fans leaving early has been pretty mild mannered compared to what is said on here (and he's right by the way), 'abusing' fans?? If that what you think is abuse then you must be pretty easily upset.... not applauding the fans apart from the EE? Nonsense, I see him applauding us in the Dolman after every game. I'd rather have a manager with a bit about him who is prepared to have an honest conversation with the supporters. Amazed at how easily upset some of you get

Not everyone is happy to settle for easy street, some are driven and some will just go with the flow, No one knows the future or what gary's ambitions are, except what he desires us to know, so how can you guarantee he WILL take his eye off the ball?

Exactly football is a game of twists and turns no one can guarantee anything! who would of said Arsenal would have got beaten by Hull? Who would of said we would get into the Play-off Final in our first season back in the championship?

I love Gary Johnson as much as the next fan and there is no doubt he's a very good manager and I am more than grateful about how he's dragged us up from the 3rd Division, however the question has to be asked, Lansdown wants us in the Premier League and has wisely or unwisely given GJ a 5 year deal.

The qeustion has to be asked though? Is Johnson going to be ruthless enough to admit that many of the current squad are not good enough for the championship promotion push? We did well last season to catch other teams off guard as we almost got promoted but at the end of the season the pressure told we feel out of the top 2 and then heart-breakingly lost in the play-off final.

However teams are no longer underestimating us as they did last season and are fully aware of our ability, for me the team as a whole needs wholesale improvements.

There are the Obvious 2 positions that need improving which is Right Winger and a Creative Central Midfielder who have geninue quality and can actually influence a game on a regular basis.

Adebola is a good targetman, but doesn't suit our natural style of play which is on the floor, not long ball football.

Orr - Good determined player however ability has always a been a concern no matter how willing you are too fight for the team.

For me, I think GJ needed to show how determined but unfortunately showed too much loyality to some player when he should have been far more ruthless, LJ, Noble, Murray didn't deserve new contracts as they are all 3 not capable of moving us to a higher level, Carle who showed some real class come the end of last season, was STUPIDLY sold for a small profit, Williams was brought as he was a good value for money (cheap) according to Gary and so far has shown why he was so cheap.

Gary unfortunately also seems INCAPABLE of getting the best out our forwards, Jevons, Byfield, Trundle, Maynard ALL GOALSCORERS prior to City, but have struggled for goals in their times with the club because we don't play to their strengths.

I love the bloke, he's done well to get us here, but what's happened in the past is the past......Steve Lansdown wants the club to move forward, right now we are SERIOUSLY moving backwards

The title of this thread says it all....and I refuse to read it!

I expect this is a ridiculous post. I have been critical of Johnson over the last week....but to question whether he is the right man for the job after a couple of bad weeks is pathetic ....and quite frankly, embaressing!

I expect this is a ridiculous post. I have been critical of Johnson over the last week....but to question whether he is the right man for the job after a couple of bad weeks is pathetic ....and quite frankly, embaressing!

You have to read such things, highly amusing distractions while the wife watches X-factor.

Anyone even thinking GJ may not be the man for this club...get a sense of perspective for crying out loud.

We are in 12th place in the Championship after 10 games...2 points off the playoff's. So far we've played Wolves, Birmingham and Sheffield United who are likely to occupy 3 of the top 4 places come May. We've also played Derby and QPR who both have bucket fulls of money (which doesn't guarentee success i know...but can certinly help).

From the other 5 games against lesser opposition we have 11 points...hardly a bad return when you consider 3 of them were away from home.

As a club we've either hit a run of bad form or are not as good as we think we are. Either way...we are hardly in a bad position...especially when we look back at the recent history of this club.

If some of us fans quit moaning (only a small group) and begin to 'Always Believe' again like the rest of us...we'll help the lads out of a slump and will be able to compete in this division again.

Very bad move to give GJ 5 years. He's now guaranteed his money no matter how well city do and since his new contract we've been crap. Coincidence? i don't think so?

No, good point. I've heard since he signed his new contract he hasn't bothered turning up at training or at Ashton Gate because the money's in the bank. He only went to Sheffield because his wife likes the shopping there. In fact, I've heard that he's got a strategy to take us down five times in a row so we can play in a league where we only have to travel to Mangotsfield because he just can't be bothered any more cos there's a few extra quid in the bank.

if it's such rubbish why do so many others agree with my posting? the difference between them and you isn't their views, but they are actually willing and able to make a worthwhile reply, instead of just making stupid insults without any counter-reply or worthwhile comments......you could almost say.....your talking out of your ass as you have said nothing worth while in reply.

stop moaning and get behind the team eventually the wins will come.

despte what divsion we are in?

precisely! can one of the mods merge all these threads into one? getting boring now

it's these pointless replies that add nothng to debate that are boring, if you don't reply a thread will disapeer down the page, if future if you don't like something, ignore it.

This is just a typical OTIB post that gets right on my tits.

if you don't agree with the fella how about putting across something more constructive rather than the usual "talking out of your arse", "talking rubbish" and if we had won you'd....blah blah".

As per usual its that "little Clique" hovering around the forum that puts off anyone that wishes to have an opinion in print for fear of being lambasted and accussed of having an opinion that might upset the "Applecart of happy-clappers"

well said.....no one should ever been afraid to post their view regardless of what "everything is super" brigade think

if you can't be bothered to read it, why bother to reply......quite frankly....embrassing, if you had actually read it you would have noticed the original posting you would have noticed that it's not a johnson out, but IS HE STRONG enough to make the changes to the squad that are needed regardless of who it upsets.

Archived