IGNORED

Sick Of The Moaners

myol'man

A few bad results and out they come, moaning and groaning,

look at the posts tonight;

Getting Bored Of City,

The Wheels On The Bus Have Come Off

How I See It (not Through Rose Tinted Glasses)

We are mid-table in the Championship for ######s sake,

after the last 10 sasons of drifting around in league 1/division 3

we should be happy.

OK, we over acheived last season, and another bash at the play-offs

would be great, but many clubs have spent loads of cash and not made

the top 6. This is a tough league, no easy games, win some lose some.

As long as we stay in the top half we are in touching distance of the play-offs.

I'm sure some of the older fans appreciate where we are :englandsmile4wf:

Absolutely spot on - Expectations are too high at the moment, and with what is happening around the Worlds Financial Markets, spending money that we don't have is the last thing that we need. Sit tight, enjoy the football, and hope City survive when the 'Football Bubble' bursts.

Normally i would agree but what i don't think people are moaning for the sake of it, its obvious to 90% of city fans that things are not going to well so why not change things about? I like Lee Johnson buts its time he had a rest so why not give Novle a chance in the centre alongside Elliot as its proven he will at least have a shot at goal and maybe create something out of nothing. lee j has only scored once in about 60 games which from CM is not good enough.

Its alos quite clear to me that Lee trundle is 20 times the player adebola ever will be and when trunds plays at least it looks as if something may happen. In Trunds and maynard we have £3.25m of talent and we have not once played to there strengths instead prefering to lump it to adebola who for me aint good enough and i would suggest the results since he came here would back me up.

I agree, cant see what all the fuss is about. Yes we are having a wobble. I think peoples expectations after last season have got waaaaaaaay too high. I would honestly be happy with mid table mediocrity this season. Last season was just a fantastic bonus, as was the season before. This is a bloody difficult league to succeed in and I don't see what all the player bashing actually achieves.

Its virtually the same team as last year, the same team who gave us that wonderful season and the unexpected day out to Wembley at the end of it. I didnt go away from Wembley disappointed we had lost, I came away proud of my team and for what we had achieved during that season. I am still proud today. We cannot expect to win every game. And now you can all jump on my head for being a happy clapper, but moaning gets us nowhere either.

I agree, cant see what all the fuss is about. Yes we are having a wobble. I think peoples expectations after last season have got waaaaaaaay too high. I would honestly be happy with mid table mediocrity this season. Last season was just a fantastic bonus, as was the season before. This is a bloody difficult league to succeed in and I don't see what all the player bashing actually achieves.

Its virtually the same team as last year, the same team who gave us that wonderful season and the unexpected day out to Wembley at the end of it. I didnt go away from Wembley disappointed we had lost, I came away proud of my team and for what we had achieved during that season. I am still proud today. We cannot expect to win every game. And now you can all jump on my head for being a happy clapper, but moaning gets us nowhere either.

Thats fine but don't come out at the begining of the season and say were going for the top 2 then and raise the expectations! We also spent loads on a striker and don't give him any service whatsoever, However, I believe with a few good additions we will have a side good enough to compete with the best in this division.

I agree that some of the moaning is of epic proportions and the tired old nepotism charge does a lot of moaners no favours but I don't share your view that this is a just few poor results. Combined with the poor finish last season we have now won just 5 of our last 21 Championship games.

I'm not calling for Johnson's head, nor suggesting a new contract for him was a bad idea, but he is now in a position where he needs to earn that wage. I'd far rather we had Johnson to deal with this situation than any other manager we could expect to be interested in BCFC. However I've not been more sure of a defeat as I was yesterday and not been as deflated by the selection of a team as the one he picked.

With the McIndoe comments and subsequent absence from Tuesday's game and Orr's petulance leading to a half time substitution I sense the least unified and focused squad since he got in his own players.

Interesting times.

Thats fine but don't come out at the begining of the season and say were going for the top 2 then and raise the expectations! We also spent loads on a striker and don't give him any service whatsoever, However, I believe with a few good additions we will have a side good enough to compete with the best in this division.

So instead Gary was supposed to say "Ah well we're just going to aim for the middle of the table and see what happens, we might win some, we might lose some but hey lets just aim for the middle"

For one, the fans are then going to jump on him, and also how is that supposed to help the players mentality, they will have had it drummed into them to aim for the best, any professional athlete would. They don't go out there with the mentality that theyre going to do ok, they go out there with the aim to be fantastic. Thats why Gary said what he said.

Normally i would agree but what i don't think people are moaning for the sake of it, its obvious to 90% of city fans that things are not going to well so why not change things about? I like Lee Johnson buts its time he had a rest so why not give Novle a chance in the centre alongside Elliot as its proven he will at least have a shot at goal and maybe create something out of nothing. lee j has only scored once in about 60 games which from CM is not good enough.

Its alos quite clear to me that Lee trundle is 20 times the player adebola ever will be and when trunds plays at least it looks as if something may happen. In Trunds and maynard we have £3.25m of talent and we have not once played to there strengths instead prefering to lump it to adebola who for me aint good enough and i would suggest the results since he came here would back me up.

Have to agree, i think a lot of the moans are directed at the football we play, well lack of it. GJ bought a certain style to City and we adapted well, and it paid dividends. Itsok pumping the ball up the field, but the best way to use target men are through the wings. Most teams we play spread the ball around using the wingers. we used to moan at the way the sags played "WHOOSH"! You cant blame Maynard or Trundle for not getting into scoring places when they don't know where the ball is going to land!.

I read the older supporters have seen this situation before, i have but at least we played football on the ground, and we didn't have the skill we have now. If your losing at least realise that the game is also played for 90 minutes.

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

As long as we stay in the top half we are in touching distance of the play-offs.

I'm sure some of the older fans appreciate where we are

AGREE 100%

The downfall of this club, if there will be one

The fans, lets just be realistic ffs

I'm sick to bloody death of people who think that we don't have a right to complain about the current situation. People say "it's a few bad results" but it's been a POOR start to the season.

Steve Lansdown and Johnson have said the aim is to push again for Promtion, but right now that looks just like a silly comment.

Yes, Johnson has done well since he's been here, however that doesn't mean we shouldn't question his team selection, tactics and signings,

Don't mind losing to the top teams in the division such as the Brum result, when the player gave their all, but were clearly outclassed, but when losing to Wolves and Sheffield mainly down to our own bad performances, and dropping points in games we should have killed off and won such as QPR and Derby and that's not even mentioning Plymouth 1st Half, then it gets rather annoying when you see the same weaknesses that have been obvious for a while.

there can be no doubt that since Adebola (despite being a decent player) has signed that our football has gone from being attractive passing style, to hoofball at every chance and has made us VERY predicatable.

Midfield isn't strong enough, LJ is out of his depth at this level, average right winger after right winger has been signed, are any of which actually that much better than Murray? what makes it more annoying is that at the tail end of last season we had Elliott and Carle which was starting to look like a partnership as good as I have ever seen at City, but Carle is sold for some unknown reason and "replaced" with Williams who now can't even get on the bench.

I'm all for player loyalty, but if he is serious about pushing the club on another level, changes have to be made, it's just a question of if he is actually brave enough to do it, even if it does mean selling player who have been good for him in the past, he did it was Jevons....but I suppose he wasn't related to him.

So Yes.....there is plenty of valid points right now which need resolving.

Although, I certainly don't consider myself a moaner, from what I've seen of City play this season, I'm afraid I do have some concern.

To put it bluntly the thing that worries me has been City's general play. Without repeating all the 'problems' at great length, we're not playing in the same manner as last season. We're apparently depending on long-ball tactics with little scope for the creative players in the team. In my opinion, if this continues we'll be fighting at the wrong end of the table.

I know people say expectations are too high, but it's not unreasonable to expect an improved team from last year is it?

I'm sorry if being critical upsets some, but 'll never bury my head in the sand and simply 'believe'.

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

At Last someone talking some sense, this is the first time GJ has come under any sort of pressure and we are 12th!!!!!

Yes we are far from our best but this the championship and there are some quality squads out there.

Yesterday they had Speed,Beattie,Ehiogu,Sharp all good players.

Of course its important to progress but we are not going to be top six all season like last year,lets get behind the team

and enjoy playing Birmingham,Wolves,Sheff Utd,Reading instead of Yeovil,Hartlepol,Stockport etc.

GJ will get it right!!!!!

I'm sick to bloody death of people who think that we don't have a right to complain about the current situation. People say "it's a few bad results" but it's been a POOR start to the season.

Steve Lansdown and Johnson have said the aim is to push again for Promtion, but right now that looks just like a silly comment.

Yes, Johnson has done well since he's been here, however that doesn't mean we shouldn't question his team selection, tactics and signings,

Don't mind losing to the top teams in the division such as the Brum result, when the player gave their all, but were clearly outclassed, but when losing to Wolves and Sheffield mainly down to our own bad performances, and dropping points in games we should have killed off and won such as QPR and Derby and that's not even mentioning Plymouth 1st Half, then it gets rather annoying when you see the same weaknesses that have been obvious for a while.

there can be no doubt that since Adebola (despite being a decent player) has signed that our football has gone from being attractive passing style, to hoofball at every chance and has made us VERY predicatable.

Midfield isn't strong enough, LJ is out of his depth at this level, average right winger after right winger has been signed, are any of which actually that much better than Murray? what makes it more annoying is that at the tail end of last season we had Elliott and Carle which was starting to look like a partnership as good as I have ever seen at City, but Carle is sold for some unknown reason and "replaced" with Williams who now can't even get on the bench.

I'm all for player loyalty, but if he is serious about pushing the club on another level, changes have to be made, it's just a question of if he is actually brave enough to do it, even if it does mean selling player who have been good for him in the past, he did it was Jevons....but I suppose he wasn't related to him.

Well if you read the OS then you will see that those resolutions are imminent. GJ's policy towards player loyalty is very clear in that he will give players there opportunity to shine and remain loyal to them to a point. We have reached that point and he will now make changes. Making sweeping changes before that does not work and creates instabilty and players will lose confidence quicker.

We are having a dip in confidence that every team goes through, look at Wolves last two results, and we WILL come out of it. But getting on the management and players backs helps nobody. Constructive criticism is fine, but all we see on here is moaning and groaning of the highest order and exactly where will that get us. Johnson knows his stuff and knows where were going wrong. Therefore we have to give him an opportunity to reorganise things before we go all gung ho in our criticism. We've had three our four bad results recently. Not exactly the end of the world and we are still mid table and it is still early in the season.

I really can't get my head round 'supporters' who can't see the bigger picture and get all over excited at a dip in confidence. Show some perspective for crying out loud. We should be rallying round the team right now, not criticising them. COYR

agree completly. i bet its really inspiring when johnsons got 7,000 people behind him in the williams stand moaning

well if he can't handle people being critical of performances then he shouldn't be a football manager.

That's not a pop at Johnson, but any football manager.

He's more than happy to take the cheers and ovation, but if you can't handle the bad times you shouldn't be in the game.

Well if you read the OS then you will see that those resolutions are imminent. GJ's policy towards player loyalty is very clear in that he will give players there opportunity to shine and remain loyal to them to a point. We have reached that point and he will now make changes. Making sweeping changes before that does not work and creates instabilty and players will lose confidence quicker.

We are having a dip in confidence that every team goes through, look at Wolves last two results, and we WILL come out of it. But getting on the management and players backs helps nobody. Constructive criticism is fine, but all we see on here is moaning and groaning of the highest order and exactly where will that get us. Johnson knows his stuff and knows where were going wrong. Therefore we have to give him an opportunity to reorganise things before we go all gung ho in our criticism. We've had three our four bad results recently. Not exactly the end of the world and we are still mid table and it is still early in the season.

I really can't get my head round 'supporters' who can't see the bigger picture and get all over excited at a dip in confidence. Show some perspective for crying out loud. We should be rallying round the team right now, not criticising them. COYR

it's not just about the last 2 results, but the poor start to the season as whole, the problem is the problem positions in the team ARE NOT NEW ONES, right wing was a problem last season as was lack of creativity from Central Midfield (however that looked resolved late last season due to Carle)

I can see the bigger picture and that it is the problems aren't new one as I said before, there have been gaping problems that are not being addressed, many on here were saying before the close of the window that we needed a Carle replacement and it didn't happen, due to Gary being happy with LJ and Noble despite the fact it was a problem role last season.

Williams has been signed (as supposedly a great midfielder) but can't even get a place on the bench and I haven't seen anything from him that makes him better than anyone previously at the club.

Fans have rallied around the team and backed the team, put their money where they mouth is in Season Ticket sales to back the team as well as the thousands that travel each week across the country, but when you get nothing back.....people understandable lose some faith.

i agree with u mate. johnston is a great manager but i just cant understand why he keeps playing his son even when he is having a nightmare. the only reason noble didnt come on saturday because it would have to been lee who came off. if we are chasing a game he usally takes the left back or the right back off so he can keep him on .its not just l.j who i think is out of there depth but he is the first i would drop.

The moaning and negativity has to stop and people need to take a step back and look at where we actually are.

In my 20 years of supporting Bristol City, excluding last season, this is the best we've had it. The Championship is full of quality this season and many of the top clubs are able to sign players that (currently) we couldn't dream of signing. Look at the opening goal yesterday - a moment of pure class from a £5m(?) striker who's scored loads of goals in the Premier League - this was the only difference between the sides in the first half.

From being at the game yesterday i saw amongst our fans the odd glimpse of a return to the old days with fans having a pop at each other, turning on the manager and turning on individuals within the team.

Worst of all is the people that do choose to sing these days seem to focus all of their attention on having a pop at those who don't sing, stay sat down or don't sit in the East End. It's divisive and get's us nowhere.

As for the Always Believe motto, I think it's time to drop it or change it for Believe When We're Winning.

Let's get some positivity back and get through this difficult patch - the play offs are still well within reach.

The moaning and negativity has to stop and people need to take a step back and look at where we actually are.

In my 20 years of supporting Bristol City, excluding last season, this is the best we've had it. The Championship is full of quality this season and many of the top clubs are able to sign players that (currently) we couldn't dream of signing. Look at the opening goal yesterday - a moment of pure class from a £5m(?) striker who's scored loads of goals in the Premier League - this was the only difference between the sides in the first half.

From being at the game yesterday i saw amongst our fans the odd glimpse of a return to the old days with fans having a pop at each other, turning on the manager and turning on individuals within the team.

Worst of all is the people that do choose to sing these days seem to focus all of their attention on having a pop at those who don't sing, stay sat down or don't sit in the East End. It's divisive and get's us nowhere.

As for the Always Believe motto, I think it's time to drop it or change it for Believe When We're Winning.

Let's get some positivity back and get through this difficult patch - the play offs are still well within reach.

Which ones!! (only joking) Desperation football and not confident football is what we are playing, this rubs off on supporters, which in turn gives them an excuse to moan.

Sheff utd fans stated that was by far their worst start to a game, ours is it's becoming a regular thing.

With some supporters moaning at the players, manager and anything else to do with the way we play, it's down to the players as well as the style we are playing to get it right.

If fans are enjoying what they are seeing on the pitch, they will respond, but with what they are seeing at the moment they have every right to have a whinge, providing it's done in a constructive way..

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

The only concern, and surely also for the management, is that we are not playing particullary well at the moment. Dip in form maybe but except Coventry we haven't been playing pretty football. I'm not sure we should expect that either on our budget. Fine-tuning is the answer to start with. When Gary made one of his signings he said something along the lines; "Great to have another footballer in the team". The more footballers you have the better football you can play. The engine is midfield and a fit Elliott is a natural for the team. Three places up to grab. With Elliott working for two it's place for flair. Johnson, Noble & Trundle are all possible starters home and away. McIndoe would be my man though. Wilson/Trundle could to the job on the left dependent on home/away, type of game etc. Don't know what to do about right wing to be honest but Sproule is the most exciting one. However Johnson choose, the midfield must start to perform if we are to see some good football. Maybe we should go more direct on the floor? To me it seems we are either chopping the ball up or are passing it around for to long before we have a go. Another thing. We will never ever be able to buy the really good players. We have to enhance our scouting and also give our academyplayers a fair chance.

well if he can't handle people being critical of performances then he shouldn't be a football manager.

That's not a pop at Johnson, but any football manager.

He's more than happy to take the cheers and ovation, but if you can't handle the bad times you shouldn't be in the game.

the point is is that its the whole williams stand behind him moaning

Getting Bored Of City,

The Wheels On The Bus Have Come Off [5 wins in 21 games I'm afraid to me that is relagation form if I'm not mistaken]

we should be happy.

The only concern, and surely also for the management, is that we are not playing particullary well at the moment. Dip in form maybe but except Coventry we haven't been playing pretty football. I'm not sure we should expect that either on our budget. Fine-tuning is the answer to start with. When Gary made one of his signings he said something along the lines; "Great to have another footballer in the team". The more footballers you have the better football you can play. The engine is midfield and a fit Elliott is a natural for the team. Three places up to grab. With Elliott working for two it's place for flair. Johnson, Noble & Trundle are all possible starters home and away. McIndoe would be my man though. Wilson/Trundle could to the job on the left dependent on home/away, type of game etc. Don't know what to do about right wing to be honest but Sproule is the most exciting one. However Johnson choose, the midfield must start to perform if we are to see some good football. Maybe we should go more direct on the floor? To me it seems we are either chopping the ball up or are passing it around for to long before we have a go. Another thing. We will never ever be able to buy the really good players. We have to enhance our scouting and also give our academyplayers a fair chance.

Not playing well at the moment, in truth we havn`t played well since we changed our style of play to accomodate Dele.Playing Dele and Maynard together is nearly pointless because Dele doesn`t provide the flick on type of headers that Maynard needs to feed off.This with the poor service from wide areas means they are stuck on their heels most of the time waiting for the ball to be delivered.And when a cross does come in its not with pace or a low trajectory like Sheffields crosses yesterday, it arrives with snow on it which are meat and drink to defenders.I don't particulrly believe in cticising individual players because they do what they are told to. But the sight of Millen waving his arms like a windmill on Tuesday to encourage the whoosh ball forward is symtomatic of why our style is lacking in imagination and ultimately poor performances.

On a side issue, too many of our existing players, new and old signings can`t last 90 minutes , which make comments about Carles fitness problems very strange.We are short of three quality signings.

Archived