IGNORED

Sick Of The Moaners

myol'man

No, but I don't expect to play like Wimbledon every week (except the odd game).

Wimbledon every week? Lets have a bit of perspective. Agree too often we play long balls up to Adebola rather than play through the midfield or get the wingers wider, further up and crossing the ball but no way is it just route 1. Don't you rember Watford last season, even if you don't recall just how ugly Wimbledon, Cambridge (yes I know GJ was there with BecK) were in their 'heyday.' We still play plenty of stuff on the ground, LJ regularly has the ball at his feet (whether you think he uses it well or not) as does McIndoe. Certainly we went very basis s/half vs plymouth and whilst it was exciting in that context wouldn't want to watch that as a regular approach. Players so out of sorts that night I don't think we would have got back into it any other way.

A few bad results and out they come, moaning and groaning,

look at the posts tonight;

Getting Bored Of City,

The Wheels On The Bus Have Come Off

How I See It (not Through Rose Tinted Glasses)

We are mid-table in the Championship for ######s sake,

after the last 10 sasons of drifting around in league 1/division 3

we should be happy.

OK, we over acheived last season, and another bash at the play-offs

would be great, but many clubs have spent loads of cash and not made

the top 6. This is a tough league, no easy games, win some lose some.

As long as we stay in the top half we are in touching distance of the play-offs.

I'm sure some of the older fans appreciate where we are :englandsmile4wf:

Agree 100%

Well Said Finally Someone Has Spoken Sense

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

As long as we stay in the top half we are in touching distance of the play-offs.

As one of the older fans you mention yes I am bloody well pleased where we are. Well said myolman. What is the matter with everybody!! Are some of em on here the ones that only turned up when we got to the Play Off final and bought season tickets because they thought we would get to the Prem. Oh it makes my blood boil. :ranting:

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

Yep bring back the 80, 81 & 82 years with gates of 4000 and two months between a win.

As one of the older fans you mention yes I am bloody well pleased where we are. Well said myolman. What is the matter with everybody!! Are some of em on here the ones that only turned up when we got to the Play Off final and bought season tickets because they thought we would get to the Prem. Oh it makes my blood boil. :ranting:

You don't play football to finish mid table, the goal is play-offs, promotion, you can bet that is what GJ will be aspiring to that. So, you don't sit back and say, we are happy with where we, GJ will not be. WE need to change things and improve, we are simply not good enough at the moment.

The one-off defeat yesterday can be shrugged off but can the near-relegation form of 23 points from our last 21 games?

I must have a problem counting because I did'nt realise we had played 21 games this season. If your counting games from last season then our near relegation form got us into the playoff final so not bad really.

I must have a problem counting because I did'nt realise we had played 21 games this season. If your counting games from last season then our near relegation form got us into the playoff final so not bad really.

You know I'm talking about results since March 1st 2008. It clearly wasn't the form of the last 10 games of last season that got us into the playoff final - it was what went before it. GJ judges the team over blocks of 10 to avoid overreacting to a single result. Our last two blocks of 10 have been poor. If you don't want to take my word for it ask the manager.

You don't play football to finish mid table, the goal is play-offs, promotion, you can bet that is what GJ will be aspiring to that. So, you don't sit back and say, we are happy with where we, GJ will not be. WE need to change things and improve, we are simply not good enough at the moment.
Perhaps I am easily satisfied then!!!! :whistle2:

Getting Bored Of City,

we should be happy.

What has age got to do with it?

It is quite simple - GJ and SL set the expectations that we need to do better than last season.

10 games shows that it is not looking likely.

In Business/Football you have to manage peoples expectations.

don't say things you cant deliver.

:city::argh::grr: City are in the highest step of english football they have been in for god knows how many years. we are up against teams traditionally percieved as big clubs. clubs recieving parachute payments, brum, derby, watford, reading, sheff united. clubs with a much bigger fan base ( though we have a big enough draw area to have a much bigger fan base). Ipswich and forest kings of europe within livin memory. Qpr with more money than most premier teams bar the big four. Need i go on. Support your club and we will get the breaks and keep on believing.

You know I'm talking about results since March 1st 2008. It clearly wasn't the form of the last 10 games of last season that got us into the playoff final - it was what went before it. GJ judges the team over blocks of 10 to avoid overreacting to a single result. Our last two blocks of 10 have been poor. If you don't want to take my word for it ask the manager.

Last season is over, gone, finished, get over it. I judge things on the current season and whilst we are 13th we are 2 points off the playoffs. Why ask the Manager daft questions, following knee jerk reactions of fans, when we might be better letting him do his job.

What have I said that you consider an over reaction?

Judging this season by including games from last. We are 2 points off the playoffs, where is the problem ?? Ok, we lost on Saturday, get over it, we will lose others before the season ends.

Judging this season by including games from last. We are 2 points off the playoffs, where is the problem ?? Ok, we lost on Saturday, get over it, we will lose others before the season ends.

Wow that is some overreaction on my part! As only one of the players starting yesterday was new to the squad this season I don't see the harm in looking back to last season to increase the sample size from 10 to 20 games.

I also don't see the harm in suggesting we could improve. We were better last year so clearly the current squad are capable of more. We also have the option of improving the squad. Or should I just shut up and believe?

I also don't see the harm in suggesting we could improve. We were better last year so clearly the current squad are capable of more. We also have the option of improving the squad. Or should I just shut up and believe?

I agree we can improve. I agree the current squad are capable of more. I agree we have the option of improving the squad. I have'nt suggested you should shut up but merely that it is still very early in the season and a lot can happen. To include form from last season is IMHO a complete and utter waste of time. Lets have this discussion after the next set of 10 games which will give us a slightly more balanced outlook as to where we stand on this seasons form. Apart from that you are quite within your rights to believe what you like as do I.

I agree we can improve. I agree the current squad are capable of more. I agree we have the option of improving the squad. I have'nt suggested you should shut up but merely that it is still very early in the season and a lot can happen. To include form from last season is IMHO a complete and utter waste of time. Lets have this discussion after the next set of 10 games which will give us a slightly more balanced outlook as to where we stand on this seasons form. Apart from that you are quite within your rights to believe what you like as do I.

Hi Big Tone.

Early in the season,, yes... granted.. from GJ's view, poor start.. To wait ten more games before reflecting, no. We must improve, change things, get players in, whatever needs to be done so we ARE in a better position in ten games time, isn't that the all point of GJ's ten game judgement? We can then discuss the last ten games in December.

Yep bring back the 80, 81 & 82 years with gates of 4000 and two months between a win.

I remember those years well, what would we have given for 13th in Div2 (as was then) The season is in it's infancy lets see where the season takes us. Back in those days there was no glory in supporting the City yet 4000 of us followed them all over. Get behind the WHOLE team and support them, us old un's did

Hi Big Tone.

Early in the season,, yes... granted.. from GJ's view, poor start.. To wait ten more games before reflecting, no. We must improve, change things, get players in, whatever needs to be done so we ARE in a better position in ten games time, isn't that the all point of GJ's ten game judgement? We can then discuss the last ten games in December.

I agree RH, but I don't things are as bad as some are making out. 2 or 3 wins and we will be flying again. The Championship is a very tough league with little between any teams.

To use the last 10 or 11 games of last season in any appraisal does not sit with me. Some of these games were due to the playoffs where a completely different mindset is required due to the fact that if you lose then thats it, season over. Its not like playing week in week out during the season.

I'm sure that if there are any areas that GJ thinks we need to strengthen then I have no doubt he will do his best to address the problem. At the moment there seems to be a knee jerk reaction from some which is IMHO over the top.

the point is is that its the whole williams stand behind him moaning

That's absolute nonsense. You get negative comments from all sides of the ground and positive ones too. The constant Williams bashing on this forum is so over the top. Granted it's not the most vocal of support in the ground but without the revenue from those supporters the club would be much worse off.

Also if your statement was true you'd be including the likes of Steve Lansdown as a 'moaner'.

Archived