IGNORED

Carle Dropped From Aussie Squad

Big Nose

Once again, the inital poster said that Carle was influential over the last 6 games in us getting in the PO's. Conclusively he was not influential in us getting in the PO's. I honestly can't recall him against PNE, but PNE were awful - a team with nothing to play for, Carle didn't score (or assist) any of the goals so its fair to assume that even had he not played we'd have won.

quite honestly, if you actually believe that they you really don't understand football in the slightest.....

quite honestly, if you actually believe that they you really don't understand football in the slightest.....

Whichever way you want to dress it up, Nick Carle was not remotely influential in our success last season. His best game was away to Sheff Utd & we lost. Admitedly that game did massively help get our confidence back, however it was a unique game in that both teams needed to win so much that it was almost end to end stuff. Therefore it's no shock that our attacking players - Carle, Trundle & Noble all had one of their better days.

I am in no way anti Nick Carle, but genuinely I don't recall him doing anything of great significance versus PNE. It's odd how LJ gets slated for not scoring or creating but when the same accusation is led at the feet of Carle you're response is that it shows a lack of understanding.

In my opinion Carle is a decent "all round" midfielder - he can do a bit of everything. Your opinion of him is much higher & you think he's destined for the Prem. If he plays more than 20 games in the Prem (& I hope he does, I've nothing against him), I will happily come on here & concede I was wrong. It will be intersting to see how his career develops at CPFC & beyond.

It's odd how LJ gets slated for not scoring or creating but when the same accusation is led at the feet of Carle you're response is that it shows a lack of understanding.

Lack of understanding? It's not hard to understand he is Palace's topgoalscorer, and no doubt he's set up a fair few chances this year too so the potential we all talked about was most definitely there. With the right team, and Palace isn't that, he could take this division by storm. Unfortunately LJ isn't our top goalscorer, and has set up very little that I can remember - and i'm not a LJ basher I want him to do well just like every other player!

Obviously a few things went on we don't know about with Carle, but it's just a shame he couldn't have had pre-season with us and another crack at the job because we certainly need a player of his description right now.

They were indeed........... but you said "what with injuries at the end of last season, I doubt we would have made the p/offs without him...was so influencial in the last 6 games or so" Which I took to mean that the he was influential in the 6 games leading upto the PO's. If that wasn't what you meant then fair enough - he did play well at Palace, less well in the home leg & was average like everyone else in the final. I think he is/was a decent player but nowhere near good enough for all the lamenting, it's not like when we sold Bob Taylor ?

I think the reason there is so much talk about Carle is because although he was quality, we released him...

Bob on the other hand was always going to a bigger club.

You'd like a central midfielder with half of no assists in the league ?

Each to his own.

but at least he's got goals this season, none of our central midfielders have done that apart from Noble's cameo

simple fact is Carle's got 3 goals and an assist this season.

people mention how one goal and assitt were against lower league teams in the cup, but we did play Peterboro and Crewe (which we lost) and they still haven't got the goals or assists, so it's totally fair to compare.

the only bright spark is the random cameo from Noble who gets a goal, but doesn't get a chance to start.

Overall, how effective has his game been for Palace in comparison to our central midfielders ?

I ask, because I don't know.

think the comparsion of the goals/assists to ours is example enough.

Looking at the palace forum's he seems highly rated and the believe he's been debateablely their best player.

I like that quote,

If I can input something here if you could have Lj or any other championship midfielder which would you have?

I don't think anyone is arguing that LJ is the best midfielder in the championship. What I find annoying is that people will ask this question of LJ but not of any other player. By that standard we would be wanting to replace virtually every member of the side. So why doesn't anyone ask that question about Orr, or Carey, or Basso, or McIndoe etc etc ad nauseum. For BCFC there will always be a better player somewhere else.

It's not that LJ is the best midfielder in the championship, or even if he's good enough to pay for City - it's his treatment that irks - he has unfair questions asked of him that don't get posed for the others.

I don't think anyone is arguing that LJ is the best midfielder in the championship. What I find annoying is that people will ask this question of LJ but not of any other player. By that standard we would be wanting to replace virtually every member of the side. So why doesn't anyone ask that question about Orr, or Carey, or Basso, or McIndoe etc etc ad nauseum. For BCFC there will always be a better player somewhere else.

It's not that LJ is the best midfielder in the championship, or even if he's good enough to pay for City - it's his treatment that irks - he has unfair questions asked of him that don't get posed for the others.

Nail on head cheese - Orr and McIndoe, both of whom had fantastic seasons last year have been dropped.

read the forum, questions are asked about the performance of those players at times, however all them have actually been dropped or left out of the starting line up at times.

Carey isn't even up for debate, as he's solid week in, week out and deserves his place

Johnson plays, regardless of his form, others form and regardless if he is even 100% fit, which he wasn't last season by his own admission.

I like that quote,

If I can input something here if you could have Lj or any other championship midfielder which would you have?

I'd pick two Championship midfielders from Birmingham City FC. Gary McSheffrey and Sebastian Larsson would provide real strength in depth to our midfield. I'd probably get Nick Carle back from Palarse as well. :whistle2:

read the forum, questions are asked about the performance of those players at times, however all them have actually been dropped or left out of the starting line up at times.

Carey isn't even up for debate, as he's solid week in, week out and deserves his place

Johnson plays, regardless of his form, others form and regardless if he is even 100% fit, which he wasn't last season by his own admission.

Ok then, Basso, Adebola, Carey, McAllister. Or are these GJ's love children? I can't recall them being dropped on form and I recall the odd thread about their respective forms. BUT, I don't see every thread turning into a "they shouldn't be playing" debate. And there are other players in the Championship they could be replaced with.

Archived