IGNORED

To The Moaners, Doubters And Slaggers!

red man dan

Perhaps YOU should 'read' all of my posts made on this thread.....as it would appear you haven't. If you had you would see that i AM aware that all is not rosey at our club and with our team and players at the moment(this 'moment' being a VERY small period of time). However i do not for one second believe this has warranted the abuse that has been levelled at the manager. As i said before, he has endured bad results before, endured blips and poor form and EACH and EVERY time he has come through and turned things around, i believe he will again. Why should he be subject to abuse and a lack of trust whilst he is in the process of doing so????

Sure, raise valid points, raise vaild concerns but why do so in a manner that slags off and abuses a man who's guidance has taken us to a level that allows YOU to believe we can compete in this division.

Does he deserve that?

As for aiming high or low i have not at any point mentioned where my thoughts lie regarding where i think we should finish, so i am not sure where you have got your opinion that i would be happy with a Mid-table finish.....

red man dan even us moaners want the team to do well

and i'm still enjoying the football under gary johnson

but we have the right to question team selection and

tactics when junior johnson is picked always ahead

of any other midfielder and in any combination

Most people on this forum see central midfield as a

problem and if GJ tried another combination without

his son in it and it did not work we would have to

hold our hands up,admit it and say well at least he

tried.

but he has'nt and its very frustrating seeing talent sat on

the bench not starting games.

:englandsmile4wf:

red man dan even us moaners want the team to do well

and i'm still enjoying the football under gary johnson

but we have the right to question team selection and

tactics when junior johnson is picked always ahead

of any other midfielder and in any combination

Most people on this forum see central midfield as a

problem and if GJ tried another combination without

his son in it and it did not work we would have to

hold our hands up,admit it and say well at least he

tried.

but he has'nt and its very frustrating seeing talent sat on

the bench not starting games.

I understand that, but why should GJ have to drop a player and bring in an other player that he doesnt think should start in order to 'prove' to people that they are wrong and he is NOT favouring his son. Why should he be concerned with having to force people to 'hold their hands up, admit it and say well at least he tried'?

Do you actually honestly believe GJ bases his midfield tactics and selection decisions around including his son?

Do you think he would have been given a 5 year contract by a VERY astute buisnessman if he portrayed such a lack of proffessionalism?

Because i don't, and i think its stupid to suggest he does.

It may be the case that it is the wrong decision, it may not be.But my point is, that if it is the wrong one, it is not being made because he is favouring his son, it is being made because he is picking the wrong football player. I believe he picks what he feels to be the best midfield combination for the game, regardless of whether that includes LJ or not.

is this the GJ can do no wrong forum or what, every game i have seen this season is whoosh, are we stoke in disguise i always thought we played better on the floor to feet , like the game was meant to be played , we need to play to our strengths like we did last season

And this post makes my point. It is decent, realistic and fair.You are raising concerns without finding the need to slag the manager off, scapegoat a player or shout about tactics, starting line-ups and anything else that would be just too EASY too grab hold of without having to back it up with any real proof. You have no reason what so ever to apologise for being 'concerned', but some of those who have come on here without any justification for their incesent moaning, who simply latch onto 'anything' that 'might' be a reason we are losing and then blame that on the manager I'm my opinion certainly DO.

I know fans of other clubs that would find it absolutely incredible that Bristol City fans are finding anything what so ever to moan about regarding GJ and the management of this club, given the grander scale of things that have happened to us over the last two seasons. We moaned for years and years about 'smaller' clubs taking the piss out of us, moving above us in the football leagues, about being a sleeping giant, being the big fish in the little pond....well now we are NOT that club anymore, we went to the Play off finals at wembley and were one game away from the premier league, we are STILL playing much bigger clubs than ourselves in front of much much bigger crouds at much much better stadiums yet STILL, STILL people are moaning, and groaning and finding fault whenever they possibly can with a manager who FINALLY put us where we longed to be for so long.

Quite simply i find that REDICULOUS and by doing so those people are offering GJ not an ounce of gratitude for what he has done for this club. Gratitude would be holding one's tounge for a bit longer when things are not quite going to plan. Unfortunately it would seem many have made their own plan for us this season, one that is in reality out of our reach, unless we perform the mirracles of last season.....that i think is unfortunately too much to ask for.

Gary Johnson dosen't get s free pass for the rest of his time at City because he got us promoted from league 1 and kept us in the Championship last season. He will be judge on this season and to date it ain't great, like I said losing is fine and all part of sport but the mannor in which you lose is all so important.

Why you feel Johnson is untouchable and shouldn't be held accountable for our current down turn in form and results seems strange to me as he's the manager and ultimately the only on who can tell us why things are looking so wrong at the moment.

Telling people he got us promoted over 2 years so we should all get off his back dosen't hold much water for me. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's a bad manager but something ain't right at the moment, be it his tactics, motivation or team selection. We know this from the performances on the pitch and It's fair to question why do we look a much poorer side than we did last season even after splashing the cash in the summer.

Hopefully we'll turn the corner soon and start playing better, personally I think this will only happen when we return to the traditional winger formation and start playing with some freedom and expression and start passing the ball again.

I understand that, but why should GJ have to drop a player and bring in an other player that he doesnt think should start in order to 'prove' to people that they are wrong and he is NOT favouring his son. Why should he be concerned with having to force people to 'hold their hands up, admit it and say well at least he tried'?

Do you actually honestly believe GJ bases his midfield tactics and selection decisions around including his son?

Do you think he would have been given a 5 year contract by a VERY astute buisnessman if he portrayed such a lack of proffessionalism?

Because i don't, and i think its stupid to suggest he does.

It may be the case that it is the wrong decision, it may not be.But my point is, that if it is the wrong one, it is not being made because he is favouring his son, it is being made because he is picking the wrong football player. I believe he picks what he feels to be the best midfield combination for the game, regardless of whether that includes LJ or not.

If you look at this seasons stats see if you can find

any LJ goals,how many assists has he made,he has

given away a couple of goals though and missed a

lot of tackles and tell me why he gets a start before

any other midfielder,perhaps most of us are just

missing what he brings to the team because its no

good being able to run for ninty mins if you don't create.

tackle or score goals.It must also make talented

players wonder just what they have to do to get a

start in GJ's team.

"don't forget where we were 3 years ago".If i see this again I'm going to do a streaker against Norwich.Yes GJ has done well to get us where we are,but us the fans have helped.Aparrently we should still be grateful even though we are playing awful.We were constantly told to believe and we did because at times we played fantastic.GJ has been rewarded with a very lucrative 5 year contract,we have been rewarded with a season ticket increase,and playing route one football.Our most talented footballers are used as subs at best.But the GJ do gooders on here try to make you feel bad for critisizing GJ,well I for 1 need something to believe again and playing route one football goes against everything BCFC stands for,we are not the Gas.

Having read some of the comments on this forum over recent weeks, it is obvious that some feel something is wrong at the club at present,that the manager is getting things wrong, that we should be doing better than we are doing, that there is a 'problem'.....all of that is rediculous considering how far we have come in recent years......BUT we have not come so far that being 13th in the CHAMPIONSHIP after ten games (and two points of the play offs) is a 'problem'.

Some of you should have a good think about where it is you see our club as a footballing force.....and then think about how you have calculated it. WE HAVE SPENT ONE SEASON IN THIS DIVISION.

Rome was not built in a day, so please lets not rip down the foundations that have been built by believing it can or should be.....

You will accually find we have have accually spent one season and a bit more in this league, but when a team goes to pot like it has done then you have to ask questions really don't you.

Were not asking to rip down (or should that be out?) the foundations but we simply need to update its crumbling outer structure to make the building (or team) strong again.

Feel free to shoot me down for this but I feel that there is a good chance that a lot of the hoof ball currently being played is down to a lack of confidence.

Confidence in football breeds composure which should in turn see a lot more football being played on the deck.

Now I am probably more a so called happy clapper than a moaner, if we are categorizing ourselves, but does anyone else think that us as fans in the ground can also help to turn our form around by giving vocal support as much as possible through a game to help the players as opposed to just sitting there quietly waiting for the players to spark the crowd which I feel just adds to the pressure on the players.

Now I'm now saying that is wrong but I do think its as much as us as fans can do to help the situation.

Now lets happy clap!

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Feel free to shoot me down for this but I feel that there is a good chance that a lot of the hoof ball currently being played is down to a lack of confidence.

Confidence in football breeds composure which should in turn see a lot more football being played on the deck.

Now I am probably more a so called happy clapper than a moaner, if we are categorizing ourselves, but does anyone else think that us as fans in the ground can also help to turn our form around by giving vocal support as much as possible through a game to help the players as opposed to just sitting there quietly waiting for the players to spark the crowd which I feel just adds to the pressure on the players.

Now I'm now saying that is wrong but I do think its as much as us as fans can do to help the situation.

Now lets happy clap!

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

I agree to an extent, but I'm still sticking to my guns and i personally believe the whole hoof ball thing is down to GJ obsesion with a big target man.

"don't forget where we were 3 years ago".If i see this again I'm going to do a streaker against Norwich.Yes GJ has done well to get us where we are,but us the fans have helped.Aparrently we should still be grateful even though we are playing awful.We were constantly told to believe and we did because at times we played fantastic.GJ has been rewarded with a very lucrative 5 year contract,we have been rewarded with a season ticket increase,and playing route one football.Our most talented footballers are used as subs at best.But the GJ do gooders on here try to make you feel bad for critisizing GJ,well I for 1 need something to believe again and playing route one football goes against everything BCFC stands for,we are not the Gas.

don't forget where we were 3 years ago. There you are, do it if your brave enough. :dunno:

Teams in the past have suffered with the so called second seaon syndrum so for us to be a few points away from the playoffs and having played Wolves, QPR, Birmingham, Derby, Cardiff and Sheffield Utd in the first 10 games then yes i do find 13th ok at the mo.

We have beat the "smaller teams" in Blackpool, Coventry and Doncaster with some really good performances yet you would think that we are having a run like Forrest whilst playing horrible football. We have played some good stuff this season ( QPR, Derby 1st half, Coventry, Doncasterand Plymouth 2nd half )

It isnt all bad but we do probably need 8 points from teh next 4 games to keep in touch of the top 6.

Happy days

red man dan a top post ive never seen so many moaners,before dele came in you were all crying out for a target man,now i like trundle but he was brought in as a goal scorer and in that he flopped so i don't understand how all of a sudden hes our saviour,and noble although talented is never a 90 minute worker,if last season we had started like this we would of all been happy and you know it.

red man dan a top post ive never seen so many moaners,before dele came in you were all crying out for a target man,now i like trundle but he was brought in as a goal scorer and in that he flopped so i don't understand how all of a sudden hes our saviour,and noble although talented is never a 90 minute worker,if last season we had started like this we would of all been happy and you know it.

Mate, the simple facts are people here love to moan and whatever is happening they find something that can never be proved one way or an other and they will jump on it.

Picture the scenario....we have made EXACTLY the same start as we have done, yet trundle and noble have started every game instead of LJ and Adebola. The same people would be making posts in the following manner

'Why on earth is trundle still starting, he proved last season he does not score enough goals and quite simply he has not proved himself to be the 1 miliion poundman GJ hoped he would be. Its time to start Adebola up front so we have some kind of presence. Yes trundle is skillfull and nice to watch BUT we need someone who defenders don't like playing against, a big strong target man...that man is Dele. As for noble, he clearly isnt fit enough, and i surely LJ should be getting his chance, last season he dictated our midfield and can pull the strings that an unitt noble can not. Come on Johnson senior, give your son a chance.'

There is NO stopping them, moaners like nothing more than a good moan.

Mate, the simple facts are people here love to moan and whatever is happening they find something that can never be proved one way or an other and they will jump on it.

Picture the scenario....we have made EXACTLY the same start as we have done, yet trundle and noble have started every game instead of LJ and Adebola. The same people would be making posts in the following manner

'Why on earth is trundle still starting, he proved last season he does not score enough goals and quite simply he has not proved himself to be the 1 miliion poundman GJ hoped he would be. Its time to start Adebola up front so we have some kind of presence. Yes trundle is skillfull and nice to watch BUT we need someone who defenders don't like playing against, a big strong target man...that man is Dele. As for noble, he clearly isnt fit enough, and i surely LJ should be getting his chance, last season he dictated our midfield and can pull the strings that an unitt noble can not. Come on Johnson senior, give your son a chance.'

Ha, nail on the head,

This IS what was posted last season. People were moaning because Trundle wasn't quick enough and that he couldn't hold the ball up, only scored something like 3 goals and 2 of them were agianst S****horpe ! and then towards the end of the season people were on here saying that Johnson was badly missed and that we had no creativity and that Noble was not the answer as he is not fit enough.

( the above is not my view by the way just an opinion of what other people are writting )

I disagree with the identity of the majority of moaners in such a scenario - what you would get most likely are a large number of 'believers' who currently back GJ's team selections, particularly where LJ is concerned - human nature to back your initial judgement even when it starts looking dodgy - that applies to both sides of the argument (LT/DN fans).

Don't get me wrong, some people are never satisfied of course, but on this subject, there's 2 camps I reckon.

Now lets happy clap!

Far too sensible to gain much support on here. Presumably nobody noticed how the England team has tended to lump the ball towards Crouch when they are feeling under pressure. Nor that Capello prefers to play away where the fans are less likely to single out a player for abuse (for Johnson read Lampard). Any similarities are presumably purely coincidental.

The following is a tiny selection of comments made about this seasons 'saviour', that now people are calling for to start. There were many, many more. To give two sides to the story there are also alot of threads praising LT and to stick up for him against such abuse. However the point still remains, that whoever is playing, whatever our results, people will STILL moan at EVERYTHING, from players to results.....some of these comments were made when we were 4th in the championship in our first season after seven games....and still the following was said.. 'Why is it because we've started well we just have to settle for that and not look to improve?'.....typical, never happy.

So when we have a 'bad' (this season) start people aren't happy,and when we have a great start (last season) people arent happy. Its pathetic, this club really does have a 'moaning metality', people can try and disguise it behind anything they want to, passion, concern, opinion,ambition....whatever...its moaning, its whinging and its been at this club as far as i can remember, in the past we had reasons for it, now i don't think we do, yet it is still here and I'm sure it will continue to be.

'You stick your head in the sand and pretend Trundle played well and everything is wonderful but the fact of the matter is the bloke struggling at this level.'

'Trundle sort it out. At this rate I'll be asking for Jevons back in the side'

'wonder if swansea would take him back for 500K???'

'I'm sorry guys but too many on here are making excuses for Lee Trundle. How many games is it going to take for Lee to prove his worth? After 5 games, after 7, now it's 12/15 before we see the best from him! I'm sorry, thats just not good enough.'

'Trundle seems to be a one trick pony. Defenders in the championship seem to have done their homework and know that if they stand behind him and don't let him turn on to his left foot he is knackered'

The following is a tiny selection of comments made about this seasons 'saviour', that now people are calling for to start. There were many, many more. To give two sides to the story there are also alot of threads praising LT and to stick up for him against such abuse. However the point still remains, that whoever is playing, whatever our results, people will STILL moan at EVERYTHING, from players to results.....some of these comments were made when we were 4th in the championship in our first season after seven games....and still the following was said.. 'Why is it because we've started well we just have to settle for that and not look to improve?'.....typical, never happy.

So when we have a 'bad' (this season) start people aren't happy,and when we have a great start (last season) people arent happy. Its pathetic, this club really does have a 'moaning metality', people can try and disguise it behind anything they want to, passion, concern, opinion,ambition....whatever...its moaning, its whinging and its been at this club as far as i can remember, in the past we had reasons for it, now i don't think we do, yet it is still here and I'm sure it will continue to be.

'You stick your head in the sand and pretend Trundle played well and everything is wonderful but the fact of the matter is the bloke struggling at this level.'

'I'm sorry guys but too many on here are making excuses for Lee Trundle. How many games is it going to take for Lee to prove his worth? After 5 games, after 7, now it's 12/15 before we see the best from him! I'm sorry, thats just not good enough.'

'Trundle seems to be a one trick pony. Defenders in the championship seem to have done their homework and know that if they stand behind him and don't let him turn on to his left foot he is knackered'

Dan - not saying that LT should be in the team, but I doubt if the people making the comments in your post are the same ones calling for his return to the side .

If he was to return, I'm my view it shouldn't be as an out and out striker.

How are comments relating to his performance last season, of any relevance to his performance this season?

How are comments relating to his performance last season, of any relevance to his performance this season?

why is he suddenly top scorer?? a good subs display against plymouth and a wonder goal against brum don't make 4 a great season

red man dan,

you moan about the moaners and then a lot of your posts

tend to slag off trundle well lets see if you agree with lots

of other peoples comments about lee johnson.

He is to small,

he can't tackle

he can't head a ball,

he does'nt know were the net is.

when the teams under pressure he is about as

much use as a cardboard cutout.

he is about as creative as poet without a pen.

This is the man according to the happy clappers that is

going to lead our charge up the table.

GET REAL we need players with real talent back in the

team ie trundle or noble other wise GJ has to go out

and bring a decent attacking midfielder in.

red man dan,

you moan about the moaners and then a lot of your posts

tend to slag off trundle well lets see if you agree with lots

of other peoples comments about lee johnson.

He is to small,

he can't tackle

he can't head a ball,

he does'nt know were the net is.

when the teams under pressure he is about as much use as a cardboard cutout.

he is about as creative as poet without a pen.

This is the man according to the happy clappers that is

going to lead our charge up the table.

all true

[going to lead our charge up the table.

I hate to say it but I don't think GJ will bring in any more midfielders (quality ones) because he simply will not jeopardise LJs place - when GJ gets that out of his head the Team will move on - no real offence to LJ but it may be better for everyone if he simply joined another team, less pressue on him, on GJ and a big thing removed from all our discussons and argument

Personally i doubt he would get a regular place in any other Championship Side - just my opinion - Div 1 yes.

Archived