IGNORED

Come Back City, All Is Forgiven!

RedM

I may have despaired during the first half against Plymouth, yes it was bad, but I got to admit I'd rather have some of that again than watch England at the moment!!! We struggled to break down Plymouth, and England for all their huffing and puffing are failing to do the same, and these are the best professionals we have !

I suppose City are my team and I'd rather watch them at the moment than England. Puts a bit of perspective on it all really.

I still cant believe no one has mentioned the state of the Wembley pitch. It resembles something off the downs, its long, rutted and cutting up with every tackle. How can you expect players who play and train on billard like pitches to play on that pathetic effort at Wembley. £700m stadium and a pitch that has had 20p spent on it.

your speak the truth, I lost count at about 5 the number of times gerrard gave the ball away, get him off, put rooney through the middle with heskey and go to 442. Barry on the left, and maybe beckham on in the middle.

When people say Gerrard is world class they are setting the bar way too low, let him run all day and kick the ball hard all he wants in the premier league, but in international football he doesnt have a great touch.

Oh well, my missus just put strictly come dancing on, and I am checking jodie kidd out, so thats probably better than watching city and england at the moment!

Si.

Well I hope we never resort to booing our own player's every touch.

Ah, Rooney saves the day again.

I think that the booing was because it was ashley cole, if any of the other defenders had done that they wouldnt have gotten booed, ashley cole has proven time and again what kind of person he is, and people don't need much encouragement to let him know what they think of him.

Edit:- the fifth just went in, I feel a bit sorry for the kazak team, they don't deserve that. What do people think of that kazak number 7, looks quick and good on the ball, and works hard, we could do worse on our right hand side.

5 goals, some people need thir heads read!!!! What more do people want?

Wembley had the worst atmosphere I have ever heard during a world cup qualifying game

Pitch was awful

Booing your own player is a disgrace whoever it is

That business area is a joke, its like the dullmoan!!!!

Football isnt what it used to be I'm affraid.....

I still cant believe no one has mentioned the state of the Wembley pitch. It resembles something off the downs, its long, rutted and cutting up with every tackle. How can you expect players who play and train on billard like pitches to play on that pathetic effort at Wembley. £700m stadium and a pitch that has had 20p spent on it.

The pitch is a disgrace. Certainly didn't help City either.

Wembley had the worst atmosphere I have ever heard during a world cup qualifying game

Pitch was awful

I've been to a couple of England games at Wembley and tbh it was worse than sitting in the Dolman for a pre season game. People are just there because it's Wembley and don't give a **** about the game. It is the complete opposite to what I'm used to at Ashton Gate in the EE. For me England games at Wembley are now a complete no no. I didn't even watch the game today because even watching on the TV isn't the same as it used to be.

England games were much better when they were on the road.

Pitch was awful

we all expected a rout but was it really , put us up against italy, holland, germany , spain etc it would be bloody embarrasing

England games were much better when they were on the road.

Agree totally with this. Wembley just seems to attract witless morons who wouldn't know what support meant if it bit them on the arse. I hate Ashley Cole above most other footballers, but he didn't deserve that tonight.

I'm also growing more convinced that Steven Gerrard is the major problem within the England team. Surely it's no coincedence that without him against Croatia we gave our best performance in years, and tonight we reverted to type with him in the side. Lampard, for all the stick he's taken (including from me), seems to be finding some form again. When did Gerrard last have a good game for England ? He doesn't have the tactical discipline to play in central midfield, something which Benitez seems to have discovered also.

EDIT: I agree with what people have said about that Kazakh number 7, and I reckon Kazakhstan would do well against some of the lesser nations, like Wales.

It would be a different game! Capello's a winner, by hook or by crook! I thought it would be 2-0 at best so get real. Anyway we're playing next week so fire up them moanin' vibes.

#### , always were always will be , what it must be to be so ###### optomistic all the time you #######

Pitch was awful

So, am I right in thinking that you don't think much of the support given from The Dolman Stand then?

Totally agree , not much of an ashley cole fan but whether u do or don't like him but he is easily the best english left back we have the stick he got was absolutley disgusting , the reason he got the stick was because wembley is becoming a family day out , mum ,dad uncle george , grandad , nan the 3 kids and 2 grandchildren all sat there in beckham or roony shirts ( nothing against these 2 player ) very few real fans go to wembley , i agree get england around the country again

I'm also growing more convinced that Steven Gerrard is the major problem within the England team. Surely it's no coincedence that without him against Croatia we gave our best performance in years, and tonight we reverted to type with him in the side. Lampard, for all the stick he's taken (including from me), seems to be finding some form again. When did Gerrard last have a good game for England ? He doesn't have the tactical discipline to play in central midfield, something which Benitez seems to have discovered also.

Not many people know that Steven Gerrards full name is Steveno Capello Gerrardio (he dropped the io bit at school) - apparently his mum used to holiday in Italy a lot. :noexpression:

Totally agree , not much of an ashley cole fan but whether u do or don't like him but he is easily the best english left back we have the stick he got was absolutley disgusting , the reason he got the stick was because wembley is becoming a family day out , mum ,dad uncle george , grandad , nan the 3 kids and 2 grandchildren all sat there in beckham or roony shirts ( nothing against these 2 player ) very few real fans go to wembley , i agree get england around the country again
The thing is the FA don't give a **** because at the end of the day they are getting the bums on seats. Football has lost the real passionate support it used to have and the remaining few like myself is also on the brink. Wembley today would have been 95% full of autograph hunters and people there just to say they have been there. What will happen when these people get bored and move on to something else?

Just watching the highlights now and I can't believe the boos Cole got. One Ginger git said he booed him because he needs to learn a lesson WTF? I'm sure a rendition of a Ashley Cole song would have done much more than booing him. All booing does is make players feel even worse. Some people are just so narrow minded to see that it's best to offer a player some encouragement when he isn't playing as well as he can so just boo him instead.

It's not just at England games I have witnessed people in our own EE boo our players following mistakes. The only place for booing in football is towards the opposing team.

With the amount of grief one of our players gets on here, some may as well being doing it already... :disapointed2se:

I wouldnt say that.

This forum is probably the only suitable place to air criticism, which is why most fans on here are moaning. Doesnt mean it happens down AG, I'd say thats unlikely.

Archived