Dannys Interview

Ashcott Boy

A few things that he said

"Brighton got off lucky in and around the box"

"We lacked a cutting edge"

"But we worked hard in the heat"

"Delighted with the performance but unfortunately we couldnt get 3 points"

Make of that what you will.

What a ###### pillock, how can he be delighted with that, we made sod all clear cut chances, the crossing was at best awful, the only player who actually looked as if he wanted to win the game for 90 minuites was Roberts.

Wilkshire is crap, sell him now, i never thought it was possible but we have found a player even more lightweight than Hewlett, and less attacking ability as well.

Things didn't go to for us, but you make your own luck, endlessely firing crap balls into the box is going to get you the same amount of luck that we have been getting. If you run at the ######s then you will get the luck but it would appear that all the players except Robbo and murray are under strict instructions not to run at opposition players and just pass the ball around aimlessly.

Agree with what you're saying, but Wilson is only answering the crappy questions asked by Richard Hoskin. How on earth was he allowed into journalism?

We get the same answers from Danny every week, give credit to our opponents etc. But thats not Dannys thought. He's not stupid and when asked questions like 'did you think tinnion and murray where going to make a difference?'

Hoskin should be asking Danny the question, why were they not starting? Why is Darren Caskey not involved at a crucial stage of the season? Why did you start Butler against Knight, when it took you 80 minutes to realise that we needed our best man-to-man marker in matty hill to mark him. Why have you kept 300k on the bench in Lee Miller when the crosses that were played into the box today, again were rarely won by your team?

I'm not saying that I have all the answers (or the questions), but does he know how to take notes on the game (something called research), before you put your pointless questions across to our manager.

Wilsons' comments are spot on.

City did play well and worked hard in the sun.They restricted Brighton to no shots on goal at all and Phillips had no saves to make.

Brighton were fortunate with the way the ball fell for them in their box but as Wilson says City lacked that cutting edge.

I can't see why people are slating him for stating the truth.

City did play well and worked hard in the sun.They restricted Brighton to no shots on goal at all and Phillips had no saves to make.

Brighton were fortunate with the way the ball fell for them in their box but as Wilson says City lacked that cutting edge.

Brighton restricted brighton to 0 shots, they came for a draw and were about as adventurous as a small mole would have been. They came for a draw, we did not play well, how many attempts on goal did we have that were in any way chances ? few if any. Brighton came for a draw and et somehow managed to still outfight us, wtf is going on when that happens ?

We didn't get the luck because we are not playing in any sort of way that you might get the breaks, whenever Peacock or Roberts got the ball in the box, they were so unbelievably isolated it was untrue. Wilkshire spent the first hallf falling over and generally being a ##### player, not one of the midfielders in the first half put their foot on the ball and played it. Something that Mr Caskey does better than anyone at this club. We started to do it a bit after tinman came on, but as has been the story for a long time his passing was way off.

If our players were not afraid of the goal and actually ran the ###### ball at the opposition mabye we would get this luck that we are not getting, but with the rubbish crosses that we are putting in, the only luck we are going to get is if the keeper catches the ball and then jumps into his own net.

The midfield are absolute crap, couldn't supply Ronaldo and Rvn with goals, Doc wins the ball and then gies it back all too often, tinnion can't pass anymore, Wilkshire is rubbish, Murray is afraid of running at players anymore, Bell is too bloody slow to be a left winger, goodfellow is almost as much of a pansie as Wilkshire.

Brighton restricted brighton to 0 shots, they came for a draw and were about as adventurous as a small mole would have been. They came for a draw, we did not play well, how many attempts on goal did we have that were in any way chances ? few if any. Brighton came for a draw and et somehow managed to still outfight us, wtf is going on when that happens ?

We didn't get the luck because we are not playing in any sort of way that you might get the breaks, whenever Peacock or Roberts got the ball in the box, they were so unbelievably isolated it was untrue. Wilkshire spent the first hallf falling over and generally being a ##### player, not one of the midfielders in the first half put their foot on the ball and played it. Something that Mr Caskey does better than anyone at this club. We started to do it a bit after tinman came on, but as has been the story for a long time his passing was way off.

If our players were not afraid of the goal and actually ran the ###### ball at the opposition mabye we would get this luck that we are not getting, but with the rubbish crosses that we are putting in, the only luck we are going to get is if the keeper catches the ball and then jumps into his own net.

The midfield are absolute crap, couldn't supply Ronaldo and Rvn with goals, Doc wins the ball and then gies it back all too often, tinnion can't pass anymore, Wilkshire is rubbish, Murray is afraid of running at players anymore, Bell is too bloody slow to be a left winger, goodfellow is almost as much of a pansie as Wilkshire.

Yeah - it's beyond me how we got to third at all!

Yeah - it's beyond me how we got to third at all!
By being better than 18 other sides in this division. Would have thought that was obvious :P Now how good those sides are is a different matter, the answer being not very :rolleyes:

My point is although i got a tad caught up in the fact that i am very annoyed, that we played exactly the same way as we always do against sides that come to defend, and it rarely works if the side we play has any sort of ability, like Brighton. You can't break down sides by playing poor balls into the box. if we ran at brighton then we may have forced their defence into mistakes, allowing us some clear cut chances, but as it was we fired poor ball after poor ball into the box, which was never going to win us the game inless brighton made a mistake.

from spudds description of the team dont know why anybody bothers going to watch them, even made me feel depresed. I thought we did ok today just needed a goal. :rolleyes:
yeh, I'd agree with that and for what it's worth thought Tommy D and Lee P were the best players on the pitch :)

Yes, he may be telling the truth but the bare fact is that, despite all the above, we still didn't win our most important game of the season.

At the end of the day all managers live and die on results, not ifs, buts and 'might have beens' and a draw today simply wasn't good enough :rolleyes:

I would rather DW had said this, than dressed it up with all this "They had no shots", "Brighton were fortunate" stuff.

I think many people are being harsh, I've see us play a lot worse and come away with a win. If we had scored once today I felt we could have gone on to get another 1or 2 goals, but it just wouldn't go in. :@

What worried me more was Danny's comments, I can't remember his exact words,something like "Oh well, it keeps it exciting to the last 2 games as I always said it would". Just 'cos you once said it would all be on the last game Danny, you don't have to get the players to play so it is! :rolleyes:

If he likes excitement I hope he isn't aiming for the playoffs. :)

Cant fault the effort put in by the whole team to-day, ok matty, butler tommy doc even tins hit some bad passes, but the team really did try to win, we've dominated so many games, just cant score the goals to finish teams off, very frustrating, cant help wondering why lita was up in the williams and not on the bench, to many players to pick from now. :rolleyes: WE CAN STILL DO IT

P45 will be in the post should we lose next week then.

Nevermind, won't be far to travel home, eh Danny?

Coming from a BCFC forum Gestapo Policeman that was a good comment TomF. :D:D:D:rolleyes::);)

As per usual under the Wilson regime, even after 4 seasons, we're still not in the driving seat with regard promotion to Div 1 :D So we've got to win and hope QPR lose/draw etc with just 2 games remaining !!!!!!! A ridiculous scenario considering the resources at Wilson's disposal.

Because some see it as fashionable to slate Wilson no matter what. And what's is all this crap that keeps coming out about where he lives?!! That has got to be the biggest load of rubbish as an excuse to slate him I have ever read!

Who cares where he lives for christs sake!

What gets me is that people expect him to adopt their 'doom and gloom' attitude whenever he is interviewed.

Do they really expect him to slate his players in public!?

Of course, he is going to take the public attitude that we were unlucky and we 'lacked that cutting edge' and that Brighton came and 'did their job well' - but I'll bet he seething inside and I'll bet the players got the sharp end of his tongue after the game.

He just isn't going to wash his dirty linen in public - is he?

Because some see it as fashionable to slate Wilson no matter what. And what's is all this crap that keeps coming out about where he lives?!! That has got to be the biggest load of rubbish as an excuse to slate him I have ever read!

Who cares where he lives for christs sake!

I do. But as any post of this nature is met with '"now is not the time", I will leave giving my reasoning until the end of the season.

What gets me is that people expect him to adopt their 'doom and gloom' attitude whenever he is interviewed.

Do they really expect him to slate his players in public!?

Of course, he is going to take the public attitude that we were unlucky and we 'lacked that cutting edge' and that Brighton came and 'did their job well' - but I'll bet he seething inside and I'll bet the players got the sharp end of his tongue after the game.

He just isn't going to wash his dirty linen in public - is he?

Quite right SimpyRed, agree with you 100%.

Had an interesting discussion with a group of Hull City fans recently and one of the very positive things they had to say about Peter Taylor was that he never criticises his players publicly - they don't want their manager to slate players in post match interviews. Quite right I'd say. I'm pretty sure what Danny Wilson says to the players in the dressing room after games is often different to what he says in TV/radio interviews.

I reckon that's a pretty balanced assessment of the game personally - not slating players but pointing areas where we could have done better. Some on here seem to want him to say more than that.
Then I suggest you imagine yourself to be Christian Roberts and read it again.

Then I suggest you imagine yourself to be Christian Roberts and read it again.
Yes I did reread it and really cannot get it or see that it could completely destroy a players confidence!

Is this the same interview you have been referring to constantly as destroying Roberts confidence? Oh and the one where you said this in reponse to Milo the other day .........

You want me to drag up old comments made by Danny that damaged a player's confidence at the time? Are you sure that's a sensible thing to do, at a time when we should be united in our support of the manager?

and the one you were referring to here.........

The manager singled out and publicly criticised Roberts, following our defeat against Barnsley in the FA Cup.

and here..........

Yes, blame Christian's finishing, I should, and doubtless Danny will too, as he did publicly after the Barnsley FA Cup defeat. 'Kicking a man while he's down', I think it's called.

Chris Roberts has all but had the confidence ripped out of him this season, then people are surprised when he tries to do too much when his chance finally comes around.

There are probably more but can't be bothered to find them. These are pro footballers, I'm sure Roberts himself would admit that he should have shot on occasions, or that he could have done better. In my experience players are often their own worst critics.

Yes I did reread it and really cannot get it or see that it could completely destroy a players confidence!

That's ok, then.

Is this the same interview you have been referring to constantly as destroying Roberts confidence? Oh and the one where you said this in reponse to Milo the other day .........

You want me to drag up old comments made by Danny that damaged a player's confidence at the time? Are you sure that's a sensible thing to do, at a time when we should be united in our support of the manager?

Yep, that's the one. I believe I also said it was intensely difficult to bite my tongue, if people were going to continue posting about what a superb manager DW is and how everything he does is above scrutiny 'at this time of the season'.

I asked if it was sensible to post it and, judging by the way people are talking about the contents of his post match interviews, I assume people think that it is.

After all, I'm only posting a link to something DW said, so it can only be deemed unsupportive if what he said was something he'd rather not be reminded of.

There are probably more but can't be bothered to find them. These are pro footballers, I'm sure Roberts himself would admit that he should have shot on occasions, or that he could have done better. In my experience players are often their own worst critics.

Find them if you like. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by anything I've said in the past and I see no harm in you putting them forward again. Unlike some people.

I'm sure Christian would admit it privately, but I thought the point being made here was, that it is not a good idea to single out and criticise players after a game publicly. Deny what's written in black and white all you like. The fact is, DW did just that in this instance and it will have done nothing to improve Christian's fragile confidence.

Unsupportive? I think that sums it up perfectly.

P45 will be in the post should we lose next week then.

Nevermind, won't be far to travel home, eh Danny?

TomF: this is a genuine question....are you paid for you role on the forum and maintaining the server? and if so do your views present a conflict of intertest?

Not having a go, just intrigued.

Archived