IGNORED

Based On This Season So Far

cityfan

McIndoe was dropped?!

Dreadful again today and didn't affect the game at all. Would rather see Trundle out left with two other chosen strikers up front.

McIndoe gave no supply, no width and no ability to go past a player.

He certainly isn't showing the same kind of form as he did for most of last season.Maybe the fall out with Johnson over the press issue has niggled him along with all the talk of a move to Cardiff. He does seem to lacking a bit of confidence.

That said he has been plaing a more tucked in role which would stiffle the flair side of his game.

McIndoe was dropped?!

Dreadful again today and didn't affect the game at all. Would rather see Trundle out left with two other chosen strikers up front.

McIndoe gave no supply, no width and no ability to go past a player.

.....and bring in who?

McIndoe is our best left player for the wing. It's not as though any other member of the first team is performing amazing either is it? What we need to do is keep a settle side, keep working hard, grind out results and gradually confidence and performance will improve.

We've halted a bad run of form, and now we need to build on it for a few games.

He certainly isn't showing the same kind of form as he did for most of last season.Maybe the fall out with Johnson over the press issue has niggled him along with all the talk of a move to Cardiff. He does seem to lacking a bit of confidence.

That said he has been plaing a more tucked in role which would stiffle the flair side of his game.

First I've heard of this?

Anyway...He was alright today and this season so far and adds balance to the team (except when he comes into the middle but that I'm sure is under GJ's orders and I understand why GJ ocassionally makes him do this).

I'm not quite sure what some of you people expect of Mcindoe - he is a very good footballer. Yes, he's no Giggs, but he's as good if not better than a lot of the left sided midfielders in this league.

I agree that McIndoe should have a game or two on the bench. It is true that we have little competition in this position, however no player should ever feel complacent about his place in the side. McIndoe has been average this season, with flashes of brilliance! I don't like his weak tackling, lack of commitment recovering lost balls and general attitude on the pitch. He is of course a talented player and the best we have in that position, but he needs to be hungrier. I feel that we need to strive for more than we are getting from some of our higher paid players.

He hasn't been as good as last season but we haven't exactly got Ryan Giggs to bring in have we? In fact we have no other left sided midfielders in the squad.

We don't have a natural left sided player , but to be fair Trundle has looked more effective on the left when played than up front in the middle. I think this is because he gets more time and space and he can deliver a better ball than McIndoe. Also it allows him to drift more unnoticed so I think McIndoe can be put on the bench, Trundle gets the nod and see what happens.

Separate point, but why was McIndoe taking free kicks on the edge of the box yesterday and not Trundle who has far more craft from a dead ball?! Didn't get that at all and our free kicks were very poor yesterday

Archived