IGNORED

We've ######ed It Again!

Cider red

Wilson wasnt to blame for today really , the players didnt look fired up enough to me and werent going for everything like the plymuff and qpr games. I think its playoffs now and all a team needs to do against us is beat us at there ground and do what brighton did today. I'm looking forward to a nice trip to walsall next season. NOT. :@

City can still overtake QPR who face Swindon at Loftus Road next week and then travel to Sheffield Wednesday.Four points would be a decent return for them but they could draw both games.

City can win both remaining games - theres still all to play for and so its not the play-offs yet.

City can still overtake QPR who face Swindon at Loftus Road next week and then travel to Sheffield Wednesday.Four points would be a decent return for them but they could draw both games.

City can win both remaining games - theres still all to play for and so its not the play-offs yet.

How are we going to beat Barnsley ? If our players can't get up for today, and continue to not bother when they know plymouth are loosing, what chance do they have of bothering to get motivated against a side that has nothing to paly for.

Still is all to play for, as someone on the radio said it is quite exciting, but very frustrating.

Just hope if we do end up in the play-offs, we dont have to face Brighton or Hartlepool, Port Vale preferably but looks unlikely.

Hartlepool, long journey, especially if the away leg is a tuesday.

Brighton, not a bad side on their day, and small away allocation and awful ground.

Port Vale easily beatable side (even thought we didnt!) and quite a big away allocation.

:rolleyes:

How are we going to beat Barnsley ? If our players can't get up for today, and continue to not bother when they know plymouth are loosing, what chance do they have of bothering to get motivated against a side that has nothing to paly for.
Harsh.couldn't see what more they could've done short of shooting the centre halves(who were excellent) or throwing the ball in the net :P

Brighton-form team,came for a point,job done.

we huffed and puffed....etc :rolleyes:

Boys done well today,defended MUCH better(not hard) just need that final bit of quality :) point gained

The one thing not do to against a side like brighton who have come to defend is to fire repeated and dismal crosses into the box, and have you midfield sat about 15-20 yards away from the opposition penalty box. Robbo was the only player we had today that was prepaired to run at them, but spent most of the game isolated upfront with peacock, with the midfield piss arsing about doing nothing.

The one thing not do to against a side like brighton who have come to defend is to fire repeated and dismal crosses into the box, and have you midfield sat about 15-20 yards away from the opposition penalty box. Robbo was the only player we had today that was prepaired to run at them, but spent most of the game isolated upfront with peacock, with the midfield piss arsing about doing nothing.
So the Doc was Piss arsing about was he :@ funny that i thought he was runnin the middle of the park? there was good interplay between front and mid,some good balls in from well worked wide positions,some poor(this is the 2nd div) We couldn't beat a well organised form team who had come for a point.

Put yer rattle down :rolleyes:

So the Doc was Piss arsing about was he :@ funny that i thought he was runnin the middle of the park? there was good interplay between front and mid,some good balls in from well worked wide positions,some poor(this is the 2nd div) We couldn't beat a well organised form team who had come for a point.

Agreed tommy played well , the thing is he was doing it all by himself , wilkshire and tinnion were both virtually non existant when they were on. Tommy was having to link up with attacks then get back and break up brightons attacks , i thought he showed what a good player he is today.

I thought Tommy was average for his usually very high standards, he won the ball a lot but also gave it away a lot, he was running the middle, as he should have been when the brighton midfield were virtually non existant. It was not so much a go at tommy but the other midfielders.

From what i saw there were a few occasions where the midfield (tommy) did link well with the front two, but the rest of the midfield would then deliver some truly woeful balls either straight to the keeper or straight to the defence.

Towards the end when we were looking for the goal, the ball was pinging around the brighton box, then it would come out of the box to about 20 yards of space and no city player, because both Doc and Tinnion were sat about 20 yards away when one of them should have been sat somewhere near the edge of their box waiting for the ball to break out.

We have had this problem for nigh on 4 years now, no midfielder attacking the ball as it came out of the box, which is why i along with a fair few others were annoyed that we alloed our only midfielder who could do this to leave for nothing.

We couldn't beat a well organised side, well we should be able to, Apart from Cullip and Butters there isn't a single good player in their side, Knight accepted. 2 Central defenders should not be able to stop 11 supposedly good players getting at least a few clear cut chances.

I would not be anywhere near as annoyed, has we missed 14 sitters, but the fact is we didn't even miss one, Butlers bizarre decision to give the ball back to Doc when he was about 5 yards from goal, but being at the other end mabye there was some reason for this.

Guest RedwardsV1

I think we will do something or this will be a waste of a season..... i reckon we will beat barnsley and Blackpool and QPR will lose 2 Swindon at least

But Swinedon have a crap away record!
Did you have to tell me that. I am currently keeping razors from my wrists on the vain hope that Swindon are actually as good as their fans think they are and they can beat QPR at Loftus.

But if we beat barnsley then we only need Qpr to draw and we'll still go above them.

Ahh the optimism is slowly seeping back as my anger levels drop :rolleyes:

EDIT - Cheese. Woot :) are you sure though, i don't want to be all optimistic only to find swindon have actually only won 1 game away from home at Wycombe ;)

Did you have to tell me that.  I am currently keeping razors from my wrists on the vain hope that Swindon are actually as good as their fans think they are and they can beat QPR at Loftus.

But if we beat barnsley then we only need Qpr to draw and we'll still go above them.

Ahh the optimism is slowly seeping back as my anger levels drop :rolleyes:

EDIT - Cheese.  Woot :)  are you sure though, i don't want to be all optimistic only to find swindon have actually only won 1 game away from home at Wycombe ;)

I tend to find that anger levels are inversely proportionate to the amount of cider consumed!

Swindon's away record:-

W D L F A

8 6 8 35 34

And only Hartlepool have won more away games. Plymouth and Wrexham have also won 8 away.

Did anyone else notice the Doc puking his guts up just after Goodfellow was brought on? He was clearly suffering after running his heart out. Now, if only he could shoot.

Guest maxie

I can't see City have either the skill or the motivation to beat both Barnsley and Blackpool. OK we're in the play-offs but these players don't have amy self-belief so I can see us not getting further than the two-legged stage. Div 2 again next season I fear.

Archived