IGNORED

Maynard Booking

silverfox

I disagree, Andy. First of all I don't see how a still photo can show how a player got in to that position (he could have done 5 cartwheels and a forward roll before getting in to that position for all we could tell from the still)

But actually it does show that two feet were down and that his legs were in advance of his body. Now unless he was running while drunk (I have had a few evenings when I have walked home from the pub - my legs somehow guiding me with the rest of my body and head following 5 yards behind) then I think it shows that he must have jumped in a bit. You don't get your legs in that position from standing up or running.

Like you, I've not seen a replay of the tackle but I do recall no cartwheels or forward rolls. That was Trundle's role (boom boom) on Saturday.

All I can say is that when the referee gave the freekick I was very relieved to see him get the yellow card out. I think your first instinct is often right and my first instinct was: "this is a sending off".

All I can say is that when the referee gave the freekick I was very relieved to see him get the yellow card out. I think your first instinct is often right and my first instinct was: "this is a sending off".

Exactly the same reaction as me.

First you say you "boo'd" Trundle because he tried to retain position in the last few minutes Saturday??

and now you are saying Maynard was lucky not to get red carded for his challenge Saturday?

Right, I'm putting this down to one of two things, either

1, You love to disagree with people just so get a rise out of them

2, you really have no clue about football

He didnt "jump" into the tackle, and the photo clearly proves that.

I know you sit in the Atyeo, as do I, and I was right in front of it....you see tackles like that week in week out.

I have to be honest I have been spending most of my forum browsing time today reading some of Eamer's posts and thinking "What a d**k"! I can't say I've often read something he's written and though "Oooh how insightful - this guy really knows his stuff" The worst one i've read today being the Trundle comment which was ridiculous!

BUT!

I agree with him on this. I too was very relieved to see him only get a yellow. If he'd made contact with the man (a second or two later or an inch or two closer and he would have) then it would have been a red. It was a silly challenge, which I put more down to him still being quite raw and enthusiastic rather than malicious. But it was still a bad tackle and a yellow was very much deserved.

I feel kinda dirty now though....in one post I've agreed with both Eamer AND Andy Hall......:shudder: :ermm:

Archived