IGNORED

Wiltshire And Goodfellow-not Up To Standard

i_am_red

I really have had enough fans pay good money to watch the team we love. But personally I come away feeling very angry :@ .

It looks like certain player aint interested I.E Wiltshire and Goodfellow.

Can someone out there please tell me why they are in the squad????

Whiltshire...Wats his positive points? Speed? Strength? Scoring? Getting Assists? Solid Player in the Midfield? Hard Man/ Ball Winner (Tommy Style)? Answers to all those NO. He is only being played so Danny can justify his wages and the money he spent on him.

Goodfellow....What a tart-I cannot belive who small he is-doesnt he spend any time in the gym. He gets knocked off the ball so easy. He just doesnt do anything pretty much the same as whiltshire. He gets a perfect ball today to deliver a quality cross with one of his 1st toches and happends.........it ends up in the ateyo.

Someone please tell me why they are fit to wear the colours-Why are then in the squad?

These are bad signings on Dannys part-the most money he spent has been on these and they are cr@p.

Someone shed some light on this????????

I really have had enough fans pay good money to watch the team we love. But personally I come away feeling very angry :@ .

It looks like certain player aint interested I.E Wiltshire and Goodfellow.

Can someone out there please tell me why they are in the squad????

Whiltshire...Wats his positive points? Speed? Strength? Scoring? Getting Assists? Solid Player in the Midfield? Hard Man/ Ball Winner (Tommy Style)? Answers to all those NO. He is only being played so Danny can justify his wages and the money he spent on him.

Goodfellow....What a tart-I cannot belive who small he is-doesnt he spend any time in the gym. He gets knocked off the ball so easy. He just doesnt do anything pretty much the same as whiltshire. He gets a perfect ball today to deliver a quality cross with one of his 1st toches and happends.........it ends up in the ateyo.

Someone please tell me why they are fit to wear the colours-Why are then in the squad?

These are bad signings on Dannys part-the most money he spent has been on these and they are cr@p.

Someone shed some light on this????????

I can't believe he continues with Wiltshire when he bought a perfectly good player in Wilkshire!

:rolleyes:

Guest LeicesterRed

I`m sorry to say I have to agree.

I can`t believe the substitutions today. I thought Rougier was the player who looked most dangerous first half. For me I`d have put on Miller, switched Rougier to the left and had 3 strike force with Scotty on the right.

Goodfellow was abysmal for the time he was on. I thought Peacock was likewise today.

I hate to say it, but we`ve blown it, and on that performance I think we`d come straight back down if we got promoted.

As for Butler, I`ll say nothing!!!!

Bring on the Grimsby and the like next season!!!

Been saying from day one that those two are a waste of money.
I had harboured hopes of Wilkshire improving, but now i have lost that completely, he is just too lightweight.

Goodfellow i have never really rated but he seems to score goals, his goals/game ratio must still be good.

I didn't think peacock was that bad today, he was fairly annomyous, but he and Roberts had no service from the midfield, the only time robbo really got the ball was ehn he dropped out to the right wing.

Shame as soon as Tinnion and Doherty came on neither of them got into the box or were poised on the edge of the box on one occasion. Wilkshire does this.

Wilkshire's been poor. He hit a good patch of form before he left for Oz and hasn't returned to it since. I still think he's a good footballer. On form I'm not sure I'd play him.

I also know at home, Tinnion and Doherty both play too deep and we don't get enough numbers into the box. And that's not a lot of help when you're chasing a goal.

Shame as soon as Tinnion and Doherty came on neither of them got into the box or were poised on the edge of the box on one occasion. Wilkshire does this.

Wilkshire's been poor. He hit a good patch of form before he left for Oz and hasn't returned to it since. I still think he's a good footballer. On form I'm not sure I'd play him.

I also know at home, Tinnion and Doherty both play too deep and we don't get enough numbers into the box. And that's not a lot of help when you're chasing a goal.

Tend to agree here Godzilla.

Wilkshire has it & can get into the box.

Before he came off, I thought he had some good touch's & we were getting more aggresive around the box.

The plus's with Tinnion is that he can spread it about from wing to wing.

Difficult shout but I would start with BT & introduce LW.

I think wilkshire will become a class act for city

He did as much or as little as tinnion did today

The fact is SIR TINS and SIR TOMMY can do no wrong

where as every little mistake Wilkshire,brown, roberts,peacock,burnell,goodfellow,buttler etc etc make they get slaughtered for

Its about time fans get behind EVERY player not just their favourits

Well talking of players on bad form i think tinnion has lost it , he cant pass and slows the game down too much , he cant switch the play if he's facing the wrong way because he has no right foot , he takes an eternity to turn and his beckham esque passing (well he trys) goes to the other team. I would rather have wilkshire in than tinnion anyday atleast he can pass a ball , fair play tins has been a great servant to the club but its time to hang the old boots up i think. And okay goodfellow is lightweight but he can finnish and his pace causes defences a lot of problems , if (when?)he bulks up a bit he will be a quality player.

Well talking of players on bad form i think tinnion has lost it , he cant pass and slows the game down too much , he cant switch the play if he's facing the wrong way because he has no right foot , he takes an eternity to turn and his beckham esque passing (well he trys) goes to the other team. I would rather have wilkshire in than tinnion anyday atleast he can pass a ball , fair play tins has been a great servant to the club but its time to hang the old boots up i think. And okay goodfellow is lightweight but he can finnish and his pace causes defences a lot of problems , if (when?)he bulks up a bit he will be a quality player.
agree 100%

Wilsons signings this season have been awfull.

Wilkshire (better than Clist?).

Miller (If Roberts had played all season he would have scored more than Miller has).

Goodfellow (too lightweight)

I feel sorry for Steve Lansdown, its his money down the drain after all.

These players might become ok but we needed the finished article this season.

aa bcfc

Miller is the only decent signing but Wilson needed to buy an experienced attacker not a young one. Mooney :rolleyes: has scored a couple of goals and  cost nothing, I think. Goodfellow is a bit lightweight and Wilkshire hasn't settled in.

I don't know myself... Miller would have been a better player if English Football was more like Scottish Football (A lot faster gameplay, but with less skill involved) which obviously suited Lee Miller a lot better back when he was playing for Falkirk.

Guest bristolbred

We lack goals and creativity at the moment!! :sport19:

And we are all frustrated that we have beaten strong sides this season, yet slip up against teams struggling in the lower reaches of this division!! ;)

We can all question DW's tactics and signings, wonder why he obtains a player like Caskey, yet does not play him, of when Peacock is anonymous and out of form, he does not drop him to give Miller a chance along side Roberts, or like yesterday, Rougier is playing well, so let's bring him off!! :speechless3:

Steve Lansdown has got his heart in the club, and must be wondering where his money is going, and knows wether or not if we go up, purse strings have got to be tightend up!! :sad21:

BUT, there is a dim light at the end of this long tunnel that is division 2, and we have to hope that Swindon beat QPR and WE can get behind the players and fire them up for TWO more wins!! :)

We lack goals and creativity at the moment!! :sport19:

And we are all frustrated that we have beaten strong sides this season, yet slip up against teams struggling in the lower reaches of this division!! ;)

We can all question DW's tactics and signings, wonder why he obtains a player like Caskey, yet does not play him, of when Peacock is anonymous and out of form, he does not drop him to give Miller a chance along side Roberts, or like yesterday, Rougier is playing well, so let's bring him off!! :speechless3:

Steve Lansdown has got his heart in the club, and must be wondering where his money is going, and knows wether or not if we go up, purse strings have got to be tightend up!! :sad21:

BUT, there is a dim light at the end of this long tunnel that is division 2, and we have to hope that Swindon beat QPR and WE can get behind the players and fire them up for TWO more wins!! :)

Strange how a club like Swinedon Town, with very little money, can pick up the experienced strike force of Mooney and Parkin with a small outlay and we can't !!!!!

The only Wilson signings I have really rated are Butler and Rougier. Tony Butler is ageing and now needs replacing but he was a great free buy when we got him. Rougier could help us get to the Premiership if only we had decent forwards to get on the end of his crosses.

If we're still in this poxy division next season then a new manager, without a dismissal on his CV, could be the answer to our 4 seasons of failure under Wilson and his cronies to get out of this poxy division.

I still maintain that Wilkshire, Miller and Goodfellow were astute purchases that will eventually come good.

In Miller we have a forward with, by far, the best first touch and aerial ability of all our strikers. But he is young and, above all, needs some confidence and encouragement, rather than the demands for instant success that most fans scream for.

In Wilkshire, we have an international player with premiership experience. With that sort of pedigree comes the speed of thought that is required for that level. He can only get better.

Goodfellow came highly recommended and has shown glimpses of what he is capable. I think he needs to add a bit of upper muscle bulk to be truely more effective.

When we reach the first division it is these players who will help keep us there.

I still maintain that Wilkshire, Miller and Goodfellow were astute purchases that will eventually come good.

In Miller we have a forward with, by far, the best first touch and aerial ability of all our strikers. But he is young and, above all, needs some confidence and encouragement, rather than the demands for instant success that most fans scream for.

In Wilkshire, we have an international player with premiership experience. With that sort of pedigree comes the speed of thought that is required for that level. He can only get better.

Goodfellow came highly recommended and has shown glimpses of what he is capable. I think he needs to add a bit of upper muscle bulk to be truely more effective.

When we reach the first division it is these players who will help keep us there.

SimplyRed, I've got my fingers crossed regarding the Danny Wilson signings you mention. I just hope you're proved right. :rolleyes:

Up the City

Archived