IGNORED

Right Back At Barnsley?

myol'man

With the Fontaine / Boom Boom partnership performing so well at Charlton,

can't see Louis getting back in as a centre back on Saturday even if he's fit,

so with Bradders suspended, maybe Captain Marvel will have to make do

with the right back position this weekend?

Weale at right back, you never know he might get more than two games running!!!! :noexpression: :tumbleweed::sub::w00t::pray::colder::yahoo:

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h:

Wilson every time!

Louis is a centre half and as someone stated earlier is too slow for RB duties now!

In the next few years, Louis will have to be replaced and let's see the future (not saying Louis isnt a great player).

What a sub to have too! It shows how strong we have become that Louis doesn't walk straight back in.

hopefully wilson will have a stromer and be or number right. orr has been shocking and i would ship him out asap.

watched the highlights of the charlton match and the way varney skipped past him in the first half, might as well not had a right back! then in the next clip he has the ball in yards of space and tried playing a ball across to the other side but gave it straight to them.

didnt think he was that great last season and for him to have been rightback of the season doesnt say alot for the rest in the division.

sorry bradley, passion and commitment will only get you so far. your just not good enough and hopefully wilson will now earn the right back spot.

Whoever does get the nod - and you've got to think Wilson is the right person (since that's pretty much what he's at the club for) - I just hope we see them pressing forward and going for the odd overlap. This aspect of our game is weak at the moment - and yet, McAllister does it once against plymouth = goal. If Brian comes in and sits deep the whole game that will certainly be a waste of his attcking ability.

Wilson is the obvious choice. Although Carey is a good defender he wouldn't offer anything like as much as Wilson would going forward. Wilson has a decent engine and would get up and down the flank far more easily than Carey.

Wilson isn't as good a defender as Carey but he does offer that vital option - pace.

Wilson all the way for right back.

Not sure if Louis even gets a place at centre back. We need McCombe for both boxes and we need some pace which is Fontaine. Two games of their partnership, 2 clean sheets. Carey will struggle to get back in.

From what I saw on the highlights, Bradley seemed to have a shaky game on Tuesday. Got skinned in the first half when Basso made a good save, and the crossfeild pass he attempted having broken down an attack was a bizarre thing to attempt, and required the keeper to save his skin again.

I love Bradley, but he doesn't seem to have stepped up to the plate yet?

If Wilson (assumedly) has a blinder, would he get the chance to keep his place?

I beleive so. Johnson clearly rates Wilson & Orr hasn't been at his best, so potentially this is a big opportunity for Wilson. If they are both on form, Orr shades it for me as he is more aggressive & I think wingers would prefer facing Wilson. However Wilson is better going forward & with our "tucked in wingers" it is often the full back that provides an attacking outlet.

Its a shame the left back spot doesn't have such healthy competition though......

Wilson for me, Carey used to be a a fantastic right back for us, but as others have said, Wilson has got the better pace now. Anyone remember a game, a good few years ago now, can't for the life of me remember who it was against, when Carey was playing right back, he picked up the ball in the right back slot, skinned about 6 of the opposition and banged in a quality goal. Northampton maybe?!

I reckon Wilson is one of the most underrated players at the club. He suffers because he is a versatile player, so can fit in where needed, but doesn't get one position to call his own.

Saw him at Coventry and he hardly put a foot wrong and his distribution was a good as any one else in midfield. He's strong and pacey so would be my choice to replace Bradley. Sorry Louis.

Louis for me if hes fit. Remember we are away and Barnsley have scored 6 in their last 2 home games so its important that we snuff out any threat from them, especially early doors (like at Charlton) and Louis, as many have stated on here, is the better defender. We will then have a platform to take the game to them. WE can always bring on Wilson as a more attacking threat if the game dictates but lets continue with another clean sheet first!

On the Bradley front, hes a decent defender on his day but his distribution has always ranged from very poor to average. He makes up for it with spirit, attitude, a good engine and the odd goal, and i agree that a rest might be a good thing and return him to the form of last year.

Archived