IGNORED

Stockhausen At It Again

garlicbread

Reading the BEP from wednesday (my father's copy before you ask, RedM), I finally understand why loads of reds hate the bloke...this reports clearly has no balance and is obviously anti-city all the way....

Reading the headline "City back on form as they see off Charlton", I read further, expecting the usual anti-City tripe that I'm told that Stockhausen (allegedly) spouts in this 'hideous' rag tag collection of anecdotes.

I quote... 'it would appear talk of City's demise is indeed premeture'...'the critics are eating a large helping of humble pie'...'GJ's team are intent again on mixing it with the very best of English footballs second tier' etc etc.

As someone who doesnt read the BEP (I pawed this copy over tea and cakes with the folks), why the fork is the BEP is so forking bad???

Somebody enlighten me purlease??

Reading the BEP from wednesday (my father's copy before you ask, RedM), I finally understand why loads of reds hate the bloke...this reports clearly has no balance and is obviously anti-city all the way....

Reading the headline "City back on form as they see off Charlton", I read further, expecting the usual anti-City tripe that I'm told that Stockhausen (allegedly) spouts in this 'hideous' rag tag collection of anecdotes.

I quote... 'it would appear talk of City's demise is indeed premeture'...'the critics are eating a large helping of humble pie'...'GJ's team are intent again on mixing it with the very best of English footballs second tier' etc etc.

As someone who doesnt read the BEP (I pawed this copy over tea and cakes with the folks), why the fork is the BEP is so forking bad???

I'd have a quiet word with the old man mate. What the hell is he doing buying that piece of $h1t? I wish I could help you further.

One 'critic' that I can remember was McIndoe. He was the one who bemoaned the fact that City hadn't strengthened as much as other clubs by going public. That revelation caused him to fall out with Johnson and created some issues within the squad. As I understand it some of McIndoe's team mates weren't very happy with his comments.

But....maybe it was a bit of reverse psychology.City have won the last two games without conceding a goal and are playing some decent football.

One 'critic' that I can remember was McIndoe. He was the one who bemoaned the fact that City hadn't strengthened as much as other clubs by going public. That revelation caused him to fall out with Johnson and created some issues within the squad. As I understand it some of McIndoe's team mates weren't very happy with his comments.

But....maybe it was a bit of reverse psychology.City have won the last two games without conceding a goal and are playing some decent football.

I got to work and often have fall outs with my co workers, Not because I don't like them or because I don't agree with there opinions but because of how busy it is and my desire to get the job done. If someone doesn't share that desire then things can get abit heated. But come the end of the day we would have all kissed and made up as were friends. It's just that the situation forces us to say things in the heat of the moment and that is how I see what happened with MM.

Sorry....as far as enlightening goes, I am at a loss... Not because I can't explain, but rather because I can't understand what the hell has got you so upset? Or have you jumped onto a wagon full of bands??

1) Stories of city's demise are premature - because many people, including some on this forum have said we were struggling- therefore this is correct

2) city are intent on mixing it with the very best of English football- well we are aren't we?? That seems to me like a very positive statement...

What's been stranger is the only responses you got were further attacks on the BEP..I really do wonder sometimes...

Sorry....as far as enlightening goes, I am at a loss... Not because I can't explain, but rather because I can't understand what the hell has got you so upset? Or have you jumped onto a wagon full of bands??

1) Stories of city's demise are premature - because many people, including some on this forum have said we were struggling- therefore this is correct

2) city are intent on mixing it with the very best of English football- well we are aren't we?? That seems to me like a very positive statement...

What's been stranger is the only responses you got were further attacks on the BEP..I really do wonder sometimes...

i was being sarcastic.

As a non user of BEP I was very suprised when I finally saw it, how glowing of praise about bcfc it was

Those remarks could have been a reaction to any number of posters on here who routinely slag off the players and manager and don't sound as uneven as much of the crap on here.

Those remarks could have been a reaction to any number of posters on here who routinely slag off the players and manager and don't sound as uneven as much of the crap on here.

The likes of Herr von Scheisshausen - Gas & Brentford supporter? - of the Evening Post will always pick up on any negatives written on this forum.

On page 63 of yesterday's Evening Post (Friday 24-10-08) Andy von Scheisshausen refers to our 3-0 loss at Barnsley last season as a "demolition". :noexpression: In reality there was no real shame in losing away to Barnsley when Barnsley beat Chelsea and Liverpool in the FA Cup at Oakwell last season ?????!!!!!!

If I had my way Andy von Scheisshausen - together with shovel and warm clothes - would be made to report to the Red Army officer shown below to be punished for his continual anti-BCFC rhetoric :dancing6: ......

Gulagosphere_soldier_160.gif

4 points off 3rd place, and 4 points off 15th. With such tight margins, you can neither write us off, or go overboard with success.

A point gained away at Barnsley today was a point more than we got last year. We also won at Charlton this week for the first time in 40 years - the statistics and the omens point to our promotion this season.

Reading the BEP from wednesday (my father's copy before you ask, RedM),

Far be it from me to comment about your choice of reading material garlicbread! :D

Why are they so bad? Don't know, maybe it's because they don't have any competition? The choice is that you buy the paper, or not.

I haven't ever lived away from Bristol so I don't know how local papers in other Cities are when they have to be balanced between 2 or more rival teams. How much coverage do football teams get in a rugby stronghold for example.

On the whole I think of a local paper and it's writers as fairly amateurish, not really caring too much about what is reported as long as they stay within the law and something is printed fairly near the truth. They aren't really bothered if the offend football fans as other people eg those looking for jobs,houses(!) etc will still buy the paper anyway. Yes that probably makes me just as lazy as a consumer as they are as a supplier.

What is wrong with that quote ?. He is saying it as it is. I honestly cant work out what is wrong with a lot of you re- the Evening Post.

Unusually there's not much wrong with it, that's just the point.

Yeah i know :whistle2: .But just why people on here get there backs up about the evening post is beyond me. Its a newspaper, if you don't like what they say don't buy it.

I HATE the tabloids but i don't go on and on about why i don't buy them every day.

If people cant accept a newspaper daring to sometimes critisise our club then those people need to get a life.

Yeah i know :whistle2: .But just why people on here get there backs up about the evening post is beyond me. Its a newspaper, if you don't like what they say don't buy it.

I HATE the tabloids but i don't go on and on about why i don't buy them every day.

If people cant accept a newspaper daring to sometimes critisise our club then those people need to get a life.

All that's true no doubt, but the local paper should report on, and support, both local clubs equally.

There's repeated criticism and digs about City in the EP over many years but you'd be hard pressed to find any about Rovers.

Just the opposite in fact.

Don't let it bother you, that's fine, but don't be surprised it annoys other City fans.

All that's true no doubt, but the local paper should report on, and support, both local clubs equally.

There's repeated criticism and digs about City in the EP over many years but you'd be hard pressed to find any about Rovers.

Just the opposite in fact.

Don't let it bother you, that's fine, but don't be surprised it annoys other City fans.

Personally i don't see why it ALWAYS has to support the local clubs, if they feel there is something wrong( like a lot of fans do at times) with the club then print it.

Surely we can all make up our own minds when reading the story.

Its not up to us to tell them what they should print.

We the customer make the decision to buy or not,not dictate what they print.

I am sure there are Rovers fans who feel the paper is bias towards us, its the way of the world.

Mark Twain's famous quote is as true today as 100 odd years ago when he wrote it:

'If you don't read the newspaper

you are uninformed, if you do

read the newspaper you are

misinformed.' Mark Twain

A point gained away at Barnsley today was a point more than we got last year. We also won at Charlton this week for the first time in 40 years - the statistics and the omens point to our promotion this season.
I think I will wait until after the next two home games before making any predictions.

Archived