IGNORED

Still In With A Chance

elko

Shoot me down if you like, but I thought we were unlucky on Saturday. On another day, we could have got an early goal, and then got a couple, because we were playing pretty good football. Our problem seems to be that the strikers (Peacock) don't want to shoot, I'm remembering one time when Peacock tried to thread a ball to Murray when he was himself near the penalty spot.

But I am remaining optimistic because QPR WILL LOSE to Swindon, and we have to get ourselves more fired up for the Barnsley game. If not, then I give up, but as it stands we are still in with a great chance.

Of course we are in with a chance still. A great chance!

QPR are on a poorish run and whilst it could be well argued that we are too to some extent, we have the much easier run in.

I'm still very confident that we will achieve auto promotion this season :rolleyes:

QPR have a knack of pulling a good result out of the hat when they desperately need one (Plymouth at home, Hartlepool away etc)

Sadly they have the best home record in the division and the strongest strikerforce at home in div 2 - I can only see 3pts to QPR next week, they'll raise there game for it and it'll be reality at last that its the play offs once again.

Prove me wrong, please.. but I really can't see it.

Yes and all ths can count for nothing if a team is nervously looking over their shoulders.

Current or previous form counts for nothing now, it's nerves that count and as long as we are the ones that show them then we'll be there, ive no doubt.

There's one point in it and no need for pessimism by anyone.

ps: I'm not saying you are pessimistic but there's plenty of unreasonable rubbish to read on this forum. Sometimes I wonder if i'm reading the table properly as it would appear from some comments that we are languishing in the relegation zone

Having lost at home on Sat, Swindle will pull out all the stops @ QPR to stay in the p/o frame. QPR will play with the thought in the back of their minds that even a draw might not be good enough.

City are one point behind QPR now and if City travel to Barnsley knowing a win would be enough to reclaim 2nd spot, it will be a great encouragement. Worst case scenario, QPR beat Swindle, we'd still need to beat barnsley, but it would then come down to the final game, City @ AG, QPR having to travel.

WE WILL DO IT!!! :rolleyes:

Having lost at home on Sat, Swindle will pull out all the stops @ QPR to stay in the p/o frame. QPR will play with the thought in the back of their minds that even a draw might not be good enough.

City are one point behind QPR now and if City travel to Barnsley knowing a win would be enough to reclaim 2nd spot, it will be a great encouragement. Worst case scenario, QPR beat Swindle, we'd still need to beat barnsley, but it would then come down to the final game, City @ AG, QPR having to travel.

WE WILL DO IT!!! :D

:);):D:D:rolleyes:

PMA people, PMA!

WE WILL DO IT!!! :rolleyes:

And we all know how well we do under pressure against a small side. We have had to do this once before, and it ended with one of the most embarrasing performances city have pulled out.

We can beat Barnsley, it all depends on the players, if they get up for it we will win, if they don't we will probably draw.

Guest Rikku

Luckily it seems that QPR suffer from nerves or "bottling it" just as much as we do. I do have concerns about next weekend though. The QPR players will be really going for it as they will know that a win could see them promoted if we don't get a result against barnsley. The other side of that is that they will be piling players forward as they'll really be going for the three points and hopefully swindon, who themselves have a lot of ability in terms of goal scoring, can exploit a qpr defence which isn't particularly great anyway.

I wouldn't like to predict what will happen at Barnsley - of course our lads CAN beat them but we've only managed to do it once in the three times we've played them this season which, for me, doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence. I hope we run out on that pitch "all guns blazing" and attack from kick off to the final whistle. We have a play off place so technically we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now is not the time for caution - we have to persistently get at their defence and not give them a moment's rest. We have to be fearless and ruthless and claim that second spot for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Guest GASBUSTER

QPR COULD BE PROMOTED BY SUNDAY 4.45PM ,THATS IF THEY BEAT SWINDLE AT HOME AND WE LOSE AT BARNSLEY WHICH MEANS 4 POINTS BEHIND AND THE PLAY-OFFS AGAIN :@

BUT IF WE BOTH DRAW ITS DOWN TO THE LAST GAME

A QPR DEFEAT AND A WIN FOR US AT BARNSLEY WE WILL BE 2 POINTS IN FRONT THEN ITS IN OUR HANDS TO WIN LAST GAME AT HOME ,DIV 1 HERE WE COME

MY HEART SAYS 2ND PLACE I THINK PLAY-OFFS

We will both draw, knowing City as i do, we will bottle it. I Was thinking the other night, i have been following City 7 seasons. Only 2 seasons we havent bottled anything. Thats the 96/97 playoffs and the Fawthrop reign, but you could argue the Rovers game and LDV Final we all ###### ups really.

Archived