IGNORED

What A Rubbish

tropicalsurfer

• Admin

.. What a cock!

It must have been odds on tonight that he'd deny a stonewall penalty, after being busted down from the Prem after giving two pens that weren't.

Also the freekick he gave against Sproule when he had a great 50/50 tussle with a defender, never a freekick and then further up the field an almost identical incident warranted nothing.

One thing that wasn't Styles fault, Trundle must learn to play to the whistle....... just because the lino flags, don't stop!!

.. What a c**k!

It must have been odds on tonight that he'd deny a stonewall penalty, after being busted down from the Prem after giving two pens that weren't.

Also the freekick he gave against Sproule when he had a great 50/50 tussle with a defender, never a freekick and then further up the field an almost identical incident warranted nothing.

One thing that wasn't Styles fault, Trundle must learn to play to the whistle....... just because the lino flags, don't stop!!

Funnily enough, EVERYONE around me was moaning at the ref at that one, whilst I was busy shouting at Trundle to play it (even before SU regained possession).

.. What a c**k!

I thought it was Williams ? Can't blame the ref for that, players can't have it both ways.

Thought he was having a reasonable game up to the pen !

The most inconsistent, inept refereeing performance since Keith Hill (Barnsley at home last season).

My last game before I go to Iraq and therefore my last game of the season and I have to settle for that shi*e. #### off back to the Premier League Styles you useless waste of oxygen.

Furious? Me?

Styles was shocking and should be demoted further down the pecking order, he's not even fit for the conference on that performance. Was it me or was he just giving the fouls that players were playing for instead of giving them for actual stone wall incidents. Complete and utter berk.

Styles was shocking and should be demoted further down the pecking order, he's not even fit for the conference on that performance. Was it me or was he just giving the fouls that players were playing for instead of giving them for actual stone wall incidents. Complete and utter berk.

Yep, he's utterly hopeless as well as an arrogant #######.

He's been hopeless for years, I just don't understand how he keeps his job. We know he's crap, his fellow refereeing colleagues know he's crap (was chatting to one at a dinner a few months back) and I assuming the players know he's crap.

How can the FA not realise this also?? He gives other refs a bad name. I really wish I didnt have to breathe the same air as him.......

He's been hopeless for years, I just don't understand how he keeps his job. We know he's crap, his fellow refereeing colleagues know he's crap (was chatting to one at a dinner a few months back) and I assuming the players know he's crap.

How can the FA not realise this also?? He gives other refs a bad name. I really wish I didnt have to breathe the same air as him.......

totally agree, heart totally sank when I noticed it was him, honestly don't understand how that bloke is a League Ref, let alone a Premier League Ref, it's nothing short of embrassing.

At times I thought he bottled it by not giving decisions that were obvious. He was too afraid to get it wrong. Therefore by doing nothing he played the advantage, even though there was no advantage. His decisions baffled and frustrated both sets of players and the crowd and did his best to ruin a good game.

Not that it will make any difference but both he, and the assessor, will be left in no doubt what people thought of the performance. Available for Pantomime? I would think so.

Is it me or do mistakes and Rob Styles name seem to go hand in hand. This man has been deemed not good enough to referee at the Premier League level, so obviously he is good enough to referee a championship game. Well on what i saw of this man today he isn't fit to referee a kids under 5's game. This man is useless as an official and keeps making the same mistakes at games again and again. If that was anyone in a REAL job and made as many mistakes as Mr Styles then they would have been sacked a long time ago. When are the F.A going to make a punishment an actual punishment, when i say this i mean if he gets relegated to lower division football make it Blue Square Conference level then that might take the refrees head from out of his backside and make them realise it's about a game of 11 v 11 and not the bloke in the middle that seems to get it wrong more often than right.

When I saw the Ronaldo 'penalty' a few weeks ago, i didnt know whether to laugh or cry..... the look on his face looked like he knew he was wrong...

I was very surprised when he was demoted though, because he was consistent with other referees at old traffford!

if anyone was in doubt before tonight about the standard of refereeing in britain being gash, this is proof

the simple fact is, the people who don't ref big games must be worse than that shower

which begs the question, why in hells name are they professionals? there is no way refereeing has improved since that happened, so surely we could save money by not paying the arrogant morons. if styles and co spent half as much time concentrating on the bloody game as they do flaunting around the big name players acting all lovey dovey they might not be so hated by us fans

and the penalty decision must surely end his top flight refereeing career... if we can imprt foreign players why not get in a few foreign refs... no rules to stop them plying there trade in the EU surely?

He looked nervous and unsure of what he was doing. As mentioned, didn't want to give anything incase it was a wrong decision.

He's been 'demoted' by one league, and at this rate will be reffing sunday league.

Abysmal refereeing display. :disapointed2se:

which begs the question, why in hells name are they professionals? there is no way refereeing has improved since that happened, so surely we could save money by not paying the arrogant morons.

Yeh I can see that working, who needs to earn money for a living. Do it pro bono I say!

In fact, I can see more referees than present queuing up to do it if its free!

:innocent06:

Yeh I can see that working, who needs to earn money for a living. Do it pro bono I say!

In fact, I can see more referees than present queuing up to do it if its free!

:innocent06:

they did it before

and imagine this, they get another job :o and ref on weekends

they would still be paid, but not enough for it to be there profession as it just is not working

Anyone up for emailing the FA? They'll need to pay a bit of attention if a group of us write an email about Styles right? Maybe a Facebook group or something trying to get more people to email about him too?

I actually disagree with these posts, but to be fair he let the game flow and had Williams not stopped and looked round and played to the whistle we may have been in with a chance. I thought the ref was on top of things and was always near the action. Trouble is any little mistake will be highlighted and I personally at the time did not think it was a penalty and that is all the ref has to go on.

To say he did not do a good job I think is a bit harsh, can everyone on this forum say they work their best day in day out without making mistakes?

I actually disagree with these posts, but to be fair he let the game flow and had Williams not stopped and looked round and played to the whistle we may have been in with a chance. I thought the ref was on top of things and was always near the action. Trouble is any little mistake will be highlighted and I personally at the time did not think it was a penalty and that is all the ref has to go on.

To say he did not do a good job I think is a bit harsh, can everyone on this forum say they work their best day in day out without making mistakes?

He was average at best.

Situation was not helped by having a lino who seemed in awe of him and who seemed afraid to raise his flag for anything under his nose and seemed content to let Styles make all the decisions. Ironically one of the few times he raised his flag resulted in the comedy "advantage" of the year. You have to play to the whistle though.

From where I was sat (E block Atyeo) it was a penalty but again Stles did himself no favours. If he did not see the incident fair enough but to indicate that the ball had hit the defender's chest was laughable given where he was stood and the fact that the defender was facing away from him. He just made himself look stupid.

After recent events it was unlikely he would give a pen even if murder was committed in the area.

Styles makes consistent mistakes though, of course people make mistakes but being a high profile job that he has he is going to be under more scrutiny - the reason if was at our game last game was because had had been demoted for the mistake he made in the newcastle v man city game. also the man utd penalty v bolton and liverpool v chelsea penalty last season.

i woke up this morning still angry about him!

I strongly suspect he is a man who makes deliberately controversial decisions to draw attention to himself. For him any publicity is good publicity. Referees make honest mistakes. This man makes dishonest ones. It is an insult to the Football League that we get him foisted on us. When was the last time a referee was sacked for consistent incompetence?

He is the new Graham Poll - no doubt Styles will deny he is looking for attention, in fact he might even release a book about himself and how much he doesn't want attention, like Poll did :rolleyes:

Difference with him and Poll was that Poll was actually a good ref, who was remember for a few mistakes including a high profile one at the world cup.

Overall he was normally very good.

Styles has been consistenly poor for YEARS, he makes Uriah Rennie seem compentent and is probalby the worst ref since Gurpal Sighn in the mid 90's.

Archived