IGNORED

A Question

openEnd

I (and a number of other posters) have made no secret of my (our) doubts regarding DW's ability to deliver promotion for the majority of this season.

Any post containing anti DW sentiment has usuually been met with (depending on the date it was posted)

Get off his back 'there's still half the season remaining'

Leave DW alone 'there's still 15 games to go'

Support DW 'there's still 10 games to go'

9,8,7 it was (and still is) wearing very thin.

So now here we are 2 games to go, it's ######## or Bust, but now our fate IS NOT in our own hands. Yet unbelievably we are still faced with the same rose tinted crap.

So my question is this..

If this season fizzles out into another failure to add to the CV of DW will we be hearing 'Get off DW's back, he tried his best, lets give him one more season?'

I (and a number of other posters) have made no secret of my (our) doubts regarding DW's ability to deliver promotion for the majority of this season.

Any post containing anti DW sentiment has usuually been met with (depending on the date it was posted)

Get off his back 'there's still half the season remaining'

Leave DW alone 'there's still 15 games to go'

Support DW 'there's still 10 games to go'

9,8,7 it was (and still is) wearing very thin.

So now here we are 2 games to go, it's ######## or Bust, but now our fate IS NOT in our own hands. Yet unbelievably we are still faced with the same rose tinted crap.

So my question is this..

If this season fizzles out into another failure to add to the CV of DW will we be hearing 'Get off DW's back, he tried his best, lets give him one more season?'

We can moan and groan and voice are opinions but the powers that be i.e not us will decide his and some of our players future; based on performance etc :rolleyes:

Guest comeonyoureds

last season we finished on 83 points, this season the max we can get if we win the last 2 games is 82!

is that any improvement? :rolleyes:

yeh and anyone who dares to be supportive or positive about Wilson and the players gets written off as Happy Clappy or just gets a load of abuse.

Debate and banter is fair enough, but sad to say that as the season reaches its conclusion the discussion on here is limited, its all been said before and people are getting personal rather than just offering opinions and comments.

I want us to get promotion as much as anyone, but don't get this view that we "should" be top/2nd, we are better than others, we have divine right to go up - if only we had a better manager? Well in my view we've got a good manager who has got us into this position 2 years running (can we have a smilie wearing a crash helmet to deflect all the criticism and abuse?) :rolleyes:

last season we finished on 83 points, this season the max we can get if we win the last 2 games is 82!

is that any improvement? :)

Yes but you could say last season city lost 11 games and this season city have lost 10 games.

If city get promotion that would be an improvement ;):rolleyes: Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

Guest LeicesterRed

I`ve been one of the DW supporters, but after saturday I have to question his substitutions. Perhaps all you guys who have been slating him for weeks are right.

I took my brother to the match saturday. He has only seen City once this season and even he dispaired at taking Rougier off.

I sat in disbelief when her made the changes he did.

As much as I hate to say it, Goodfellow is a total waste of space.

I think DW has lost it big style and will try anything without thought.

Where was Miller in a must win game????

Perhaps we`ll do OK next season against Doncaster and Hull, cos I don`t think we`ll be playing Leeds or Leicester.

I am depressed

Remember, most teams that do well have stability "upstairs", if you got rid of DW

it could start another period of upheavel. I still think we can finish 2nd purely because QPR are trying their hardest to chuck it away, and even if we dont, i think we would win the play offs, as our lads have suffered the dissapointment of last years failure, and the other 3 likely contenders look average.

One thing i would hope for is Leroy Lita back on the bench at Barnsley.

As said in one of my posts, isnt fan opinion irrelevant?

DW signed a 3 year contract extension in the summer, him 'getting another chance next season' is probably irrelevant as he almost certainly will because of his contract extension.

A question i would ask you;

Who do you think is in a better position to judge the merits of DW as Bristol City manager - you (the fan who thinks he should be sacked) or the chairman of the club (who clearly/presumibly has faith in his manager otherwise a 3 year contract would not have been offered>

A question i would ask you;

Who do you think is in a better position to judge the merits of DW as Bristol City manager - you (the fan who thinks he should be sacked) or the chairman of the club (who clearly/presumibly has faith in his manager otherwise a 3 year contract would not have been offered>

Well you would like to think Steve Lansdown was the man to judge.

...but doesn't the fact that he negotiated the 3 year deal and is likely to see very little in return (again) bring that judgment into question?

There are 2 reasons i see that DW was given a 3 yr deal,

1) Steve Lansdown has faith in him to get the club promoted and he is willing to allow 2 more seasons for it to happen (this season and next season).

2) The more worrying scenario is that the 3year contract offer was one in response to specualtion surrounding DW's potential exit to Derby. Therefore he gave a long contract (in modern management terms) in an attempt to ensure either Derby were scared off or forced to pay compensation to hire him.

I hope the contract was inspired by the first scenario and i hope it works out for all concerned. However if the second option influenced the decision then i would question the judgement.

To be honest if the chairman is happy to give DW another (potential) year - which of course we dont know that he is, then I'm happy as he is in a better position than i to judge what is in the best interests of the club as a whole.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The time for this debate now is at the end of the season. What are you suggesting? Sack him with two games of the season left? Sack him before the play-offs if we don't make it?

Regardless of what we all think about Danny, there would be absolutely no benefit from getting rid of him now. Therefore, the thing to do is to get whole-heartedly behind him and the team and leave the post mortem until the end of the season, when a decision on his future is more appropriate and more helpful.

I've always said that in my view DW's future rests on whether he delivers promotion this season. We won't know whether he's achieved that until the end of the season - and, as I say, for those of you who'd like to see the back of him regardless of whether we go up, just think of the team for the moment and think abotu how counter-productive uncertainty is at this time in the season. Such a debate can do nothing but distract us from the single, all-important goal - focussing on doing all we can to secure Division One football next season.

Next topic?

Would have thought the fans, cos if we stay away due to the poor performances, the chairmans investment is at risk, and he would have to take action.

and no I wont stay away, cos I've been a fan faaaar too long to change, but those critical ones who increase gates, when we do well, and dont come down if we're average, which we have been far too often this season.

Results=more fans=more revenue=debt being reduced, and more funds availible for players, and more sponsors, who dont do underperforming/loser clubs-see our Gypo Norf Briz cousins for a fine example.

After spending so much, I think we're entitled to think we're capable of automatic promotion, not a lottery called the playoffs, which we aint garanteed to win, see us and QPR last season!!

Archived