IGNORED

Bristol City 3-1 Chelsea

KnowleUtd City

One of my finest memories of supporting this club, the buzz around bedminster before this game was unreal, I remember saint and greavsie profiling the game, and football focus giving it a ten minute feature aswell, back in those days that was a big chunk of football on tv!! I remember as a young lad knowing that 25000 were going down the gate, and that Chelsea were one of the most feared bunch of supporters in the Counrty at that time! Walking up north street with my old man seeing City kicking off with Chelsea at the liquid assets (139 bar, spotted cow) and loads of trouble all the way down to the ground. The atmosphere in the ground was unbelievable, chants going back and forth from the Chelsea end to the east end, Enclosure and Dolman B Block. What a buzz when Turner scored the 2nd and City were hanging on, then Gavin scored the Third to make the game safe! Chelsea trying to pull down the fencing to get on the pitch, the atmosphere that day was first class! great memories, wish I was old enough to have seen City in the top flight in 70's. What are your best memories of City games?

Guest LJ is our King

the best city experience of my relatively short life so far was the johnson's paint trophy final (then known as the auto windscreens shield) in 2000 at the old wembley. even though we lost seeing and being inside wembley when i was young was just incredible :icecream:

One of my finest memories of supporting this club, the buzz around bedminster before this game was unreal, I remember saint and greavsie profiling the game, and football focus giving it a ten minute feature aswell, back in those days that was a big chunk of football on tv!! I remember as a young lad knowing that 25000 were going down the gate, and that Chelsea were one of the most feared bunch of supporters in the Counrty at that time! Walking up north street with my old man seeing City kicking off with Chelsea at the liquid assets (139 bar, spotted cow) and loads of trouble all the way down to the ground. The atmosphere in the ground was unbelievable, chants going back and forth from the Chelsea end to the east end, Enclosure and Dolman B Block. What a buzz when Turner scored the 2nd and City were hanging on, then Gavin scored the Third to make the game safe! Chelsea trying to pull down the fencing to get on the pitch, the atmosphere that day was first class! great memories, wish I was old enough to have seen City in the top flight in 70's. What are your best memories of City games?

ha ha...fond memories, even the clatter of coins as they rained down against the hirerite shed (aimed at my head!) didn't dampen my spirits.

The Chelsea lads weren't a happy bunch up in the old away end.

Poor old Bob Taylor - desperate to score and he air kicked that first one, only for the carnage to pop it in.

Quite a few memories for me. Obviously a few from our first season in the top flight, but I also remember fondly one particular evening away game in the preceding promotion season at West Brom where we won 1:0 from a Sweeney goal right on half time. The top flight games that stick in my mind include the 2:1 home win against Liverpool, the 1:0 win against Leeds (both at Ashton Gate and near the end of the season which turned the tide) and the final 2:2 draw at Coventry which kept us up. I'll re-live those memories for ever.

ha ha...fond memories, even the clatter of coins as they rained down against the hirerite shed (aimed at my head!) didn't dampen my spirits.

The Chelsea lads weren't a happy bunch up in the old away end.

Poor old Bob Taylor - desperate to score and he air kicked that first one, only for the carnage to pop it in.

Nearly took the keepers head off with that air shot if I remember correctly.

Archived