IGNORED

Lost The Dressing Room.

bs3

Is GJ losing the dressing room? There seems to be a lack of work rate on the pitch compare to last season, we are not hounding the opposition and closing them down like we should. We seem to be going through the motion and hoping to win instead of beliving we will win.

There have been a few rows with in the squad concerning team selection, incidents on the team bus coming back from Sheff Utd and there is more to Carey being left out than a toe injury.

Most of the problems is due to the fact that LJ is picked every week and players like Gavin Williams and Noble are not getting a look in.

GJ is losing credabilty from the players and respect from the fans by picking is son every week the sitution is not right and I think for the good of the team , LJ,GJ and the club LJ should move on.

Williams was injured yesterday. He failed a fitness test on his calf.

I know that.

Yesterday when LJ was subbed it was not just a few hundred who cheered it was more like 10,000 City fans it was the loudest cheer I have ever heard for some one being taken off. Dolly do you think LJ should start next Saturday? And a seperate question do you think he will?

Nurse! He's out of bed again...

:igiveup:

Stick your head in the sand mate?

Did you watch the preformance yesterday, this is not a team where all is right. GJ has a few problems behind the scences to sort.

The looked like they have never played together, all is not well belive me.

Dolly do you think LJ should start next Saturday? And a seperate question do you think he will?

I will leave picking the team to the manager and support the team he picks.

For what its worth I still think Murray should be here but hes not, and I respect that decision by Gary, I don't always like decisions he makes but us sitting here bitching and moaning doesnt change what Gary does.

Is GJ losing the dressing room? .....

I don't know, does anyone?

The committment shown at Charlton, Barnsley and the second half against Sheffield Utd. wouldn't make me think so.

....Most of the problems is due to the fact that LJ is picked every week and players like Gavin Williams and Noble are not getting a look in.

Purely your opinion, not a fact.

GJ is losing credabilty from the players

Is this a fact, or your opinion again?

and respect from the fans by picking is son every week

some fans, not all

the sitution is not right and I think for the good of the team , LJ,GJ and the club LJ should move on.

Guest Bcfc Mike
Is GJ losing the dressing room? There seems to be a lack of work rate on the pitch compare to last season, we are not hounding the opposition and closing them down like we should. We seem to be going through the motion and hoping to win instead of beliving we will win.

There have been a few rows with in the squad concerning team selection, incidents on the team bus coming back from Sheff Utd and there is more to Carey being left out than a toe injury.

Most of the problems is due to the fact that LJ is picked every week and players like Gavin Williams and Noble are not getting a look in.

GJ is losing credabilty from the players and respect from the fans by picking is son every week the sitution is not right and I think for the good of the team , LJ,GJ and the club LJ should move on.

Very well said BS3, i totally agree with everything you said!!! And i have got it on good authority there is unrest in the dressing room too.........because of it???

You have only got to watch a game now...and watch out for how many of our players are on LJ's back during the game.....i think they are fed up with carrying him

Whats all this team rows about selections and rows on the team bus?

Any chance of saying in this thread or a PM?

I thought this was common knowledge. When Mckindo was dropped a few weeks a go Carey was also dropped due to a team meeting when players were expressing they opinions. Also a big row in the dressing room when the we played Sailsbury in a reserve match.

Also I heard a rumour from diffrent people with no connection with one other about a bit of fight on the team bus coming back from Sheff Utd. Rows and fights are all part of football these things happen but the only certain thing we can be sure on is how the team plays on match day and we seem to have lost work rate and a will to win.

Also I heard a rumour from diffrent people with no connection with one other about a bit of fight on the team bus coming back from Sheff Utd. Rows and fights are all part of football these things happen but the only certain thing we can be sure on is how the team plays on match day and we seem to have lost work rate and a will to win.

Sheffield United away was last April, so are you sure about this?

You could read more into this if Carey was fit and not being selected... until then if guessing he's not in the first team because HE'S INJURED!!!

Guest LJ is our King
Very well said BS3, i totally agree with everything you said!!! And i have got it on good authority there is unrest in the dressing room too.........because of it???

You have only got to watch a game now...and watch out for how many of our players are on LJ's back during the game.....i think they are fed up with carrying him

so basically what your saying is that you and apparently 9999 other people no longer trust the judgement of the best manager we have had in years, a manager who took us from obscurity in league 1 to being one game away from the prem. i'm not saying no one is allowed to criticise GJ but if you think that he would risk his own job by only picking LJ because LJ's his son then you need to think, are you really a true fan or are you one of those people who criticises every decision GJ makes

so say lost the dressing room

so say fights on the bus on the way home from sheff utd

so say more to louis not playing

so say this so say that

i know cos i have it from a good source ( so say ) what a load of dribble ,

we are 12th /13th ish in a very strong division and have lost to some very good sides perhaps its because there better than us , and in my eyes if gj has lost the dressing room like some suggest ( which i don't believe ) goodbye to them and good riddance

Guest LJ is our King

how can you have it on good authority, are you one of the players? there is no way you can know this and if your talking about orr being on his back then watch bradley during a game, see how many other players he has a go at he can't stop complaining. i have never once seen Carey, Mcombe, Mcallister, Mcindoe, Elliot or any member of the team other than orr on LJ's back

Guest too hot to handle

I have to say I mostly agree with your comments. It's not just the dressing room though. This togetherness that we has all last season seams to have dissapeared.

You have fans abusing players, not just lee johnson... you have the east end, for all their best intentions, I don't think that chanting abuse at other sections of the home support is doing anyone any good.

You have McCindoe coming out after defeats slagging off the team. You have the whole crowd chearing when certain players are substituted.

I think it's easy to be together when we are winning, but this season doesn't seem to be going to plan and the club just looks to be falling apart to me. I don't think the sale of Lee Johnson is going to be the answer to all the problems, but it may be a start.

I tipped you off about Murray going to Cheltenham- so read this:

I have it on good authority that not one of the players respects Johnson; not even Carey! By all accounts McCombe and Johnson had a big bust up, and he leaves Millen to do all the talking to the players. He doesn't communicate with them much.

Now, who am I to judge Johnson, afterall his record speaks for himself? Perhaps that's the way you have to be in a money orientated game?

Guest LJ is our King
I tipped you off about Murray going to Cheltenham- so read this:

I have it on good authority that not one of the players respects Johnson; not even Carey! By all accounts McCombe and Johnson had a big bust up, and he leaves Millen to do all the talking to the players. He doesn't communicate with them much.

Now, who am I to judge Johnson, afterall his record speaks for himself? Perhaps that's the way you have to be in a money orientated game?

who or what is this good authority everyone seems to have?

How fickle are some of you? One loss does not make a manager lose the dressing room? One win does not make him the greatest manager ever? There is so many on this forum who just like to come on and talk utter rubbish it seems. How in anyway has GJ lost the dressing room?

For goodness sake, we are doing just fine. Last season raised expectations and rightly so, but a neutal reading this forum would think we are bottom of the league heading back to league 1.

From the comfort of my armchair; it seems all is not well at the moment, have heard our little winger cannot settle down here; Mcindoe`s press comments are well known as for Carey/ Brooker how are their injuries going? when do they run out in the reserves? just how long WILL they be injured for???

The players and GJ know we can only speculate. :noexpression:

I know that.

Yesterday when LJ was subbed it was not just a few hundred who cheered it was more like 10,000 City fans it was the loudest cheer I have ever heard for some one being taken off.

No it was a few hundred very loud idiots. He played very poorly yesterday, as did Elliot, McCombe, Sproule, McIndoe, etc etc. But only he would have got that reaction because there is a section of our fans who are extremely small and petty minded, because they think that a professional football team is run the same way as their local league clubs.

how can you have it on good authority, are you one of the players? there is no way you can know this and if your talking about orr being on his back then watch bradley during a game, see how many other players he has a go at he can't stop complaining. i have never once seen Carey, Mcombe, Mcallister, Mcindoe, Elliot or any member of the team other than orr on LJ's back

Did nobody else see Basso and Johnson almost come to blows after the second goal, I think it was?

We lost a game to an excellent team. Before that we were unbeaten in four games. I think to say that GJ has lost the dressing room is a slight over-reaction to say the least. We will bounce back at Southampton, GJ will get them going. We are 10th after 15 games. I'd have taken that at the start of the season, as would most of you. Things aren't that bad!

Well i have it on very good authority (VERY good authority - but i will never reveal my source) that all of the above is a load of rubbish. The manager has not lost the dressing room, he just has a bunch of players that have lost a fair bit of confidence. Injuries to key players have hampered any changes that he wished to enforce and that in turn has led to out of form players having to be played. The McIndoe thing was a problem at the time but has not been allowed to manifest into dressing room unrest. I don't know about Carey's injury, but in reality if there is one player who is will fight for the manger and the cause then it his him, so nothing sinister going on there. Lee Johnson is valued by his colleagues and i am pretty sure that no one feels that they are carrying him, although unsurprisingly, this situation wasn't mentioned to me. Both Gary and Pete Johnson and the Chairman are constantly assessing potential new additions to the squad and there will almost certainly be new additions in January. All in all there are no more issues than your average football club but the one underlying situation that dispels a previous comment on this thread is that the players definitely DO still enjoy training and playing for GJ. He is well respected and most definitely still 'has' the dressing room. I would never usually wish to reveal the content of any conversations i've had with people within the club, but i could see where this thread was going and hope that this will go some way to quashing what i believe is pure speculation on the part of others.

I can tell you for absolute 100% fact that Louis Carey totally ripped into LJ when his fancy flick caused the corner that led to Sheffield United's first goal at Bramhall Lane a month ago. I saw it with my own eyes and Louis was nearly foaming at the mouth. That was also the last time that Louis put on a Bristol City shirt - he was that angry he stubbed his toe when having a pop at LJ!!!

Guest LJ is our King
I can tell you for absolute 100% fact that Louis Carey totally ripped into LJ when his fancy flick caused the corner that led to Sheffield United's first goal at Bramhall Lane a month ago. I saw it with my own eyes and Louis was nearly foaming at the mouth. That was also the last time that Louis put on a Bristol City shirt - he was that angry he stubbed his toe when having a pop at LJ!!!

i did say that i haven't seen any players have a go at LJ, i wasn't at the sheff utd game and so didn't see this event. also are you seriously accusing LJ of causing louis's injury because if you are i suspect you are very very wrong

Archived