IGNORED

Lee Johnson - What Are You Actually Trying To Achieve

Percy Parrot

proved last year could not cut it at this level

Probably our best player from around Christmas time until his injury. We lost form when he was out of the team. Did he really prove to not be good enough?

Again - what (good) do people actually think this cheering is going to achieve? Go on - let me hear you say it. Lots of opinions on both sides about LJ but not one person can tell me what good the cheering would do.

Para phrased - He said that fans forget what Lee has done the for team over the past couple of seasons and that other players give the ball away and make mistakes as well. He said that a section of fans should remember where City were two seasons ago - bottom of the 1st Division. He hopes they don't turn up at the next game. Plus what I posted earlier about City possibly losing a good player because of it.

listened to interview earlier Enoch, Jevons, Russell, Keogh, Betsy all did well for us in the past few seasons, but were moved on because they weren't good enough, personally I'd put him in the same bracket.

Also interesting that Gary seems to be blaming "new fans" for any jeering, not long serving/suffering fans, seems to believe that it's the glory hunters who aren't used to seeing City losing and especially picked out, certain fans behind him in the Williams stand?

Guest Bcfc Mike
listened to interview earlier Enoch, Jevons, Russell, Keogh, Betsy all did well for us in the past few seasons, but were moved on because they weren't good enough, personally I'd put him in the same bracket.

Well said i quite agree with those words....

Also interesting that Gary seems to be blaming "new fans" for any jeering, not long serving/suffering fans, seems to believe that it's the glory hunters who aren't used to seeing City losing and especially picked out, certain fans behind him in the Williams stand?

And there is no way that was just new fans cheering saturday?? that roar came from every stand and was at least 75% of the crowd.......so wake up and smell the coffee GJ??

The best thing that Lee Johnson should do is leave City and sign for another club. Playing for his dad must hell for him. Its the only reason that cheers went up when he was subbed yesterday. Imagine how the poor guy must of felt and I'll bet the thought of leaving City went through his mind as he went off - and not for the first time either.

Johnson Sr hinted in his interview on World that City could 'lose a good player' because of the way some fans react to Lee Johnson. Well Johnson Sr should think about how tough it must be for his son and understand that its the relationship between him and Lee that some fans find difficult - especially when Lee is not playing that well and he doesn't get subbed (yesterday was an exception). Some fans feel that Noble is a more creative influence but doesn't get picked because of nepotism.

The whole situation will only change if Lee leaves AG. His dad has signed a 5 years deal so he won't be going anywhere just yet. Its now turned into a very sorry situation and I have every sympathy for Lee Johnson.

Totally agree -

Percy Parrot - you make some good points but most of us are interested in Bristol City and sometimes, as the song goes, you need to let go of the ones you love. Better for City as a Club if LJ leaves (and he is not so good he cannot be easily replaced like for like if not better). As long as he stays here the clubs supporters will be divided - that cannot be a good thing (nor can us losing 2000 or 3000 supporters who may not like him before you say the LJ haters should pack up and go - that won't help anyone)

And there is no way that was just new fans cheering saturday?? that roar came from every stand and was at least 75% of the crowd.......so wake up and smell the coffee GJ??

that was my thoughts, it's not the newbies, people I've know who have been going for years just don't see what he does in the team, though unsure if they jeered him.

not sure about 75% of the crowd, but easily 25% or so,

that was my thoughts, it's not the newbies, people I've know who have been going for years just don't see what he does in the team, though unsure if they jeered him.

not sure about 75% of the crowd, but easily 25% or so,

Pair of fellas behind me have been watching City for over 40 years, and they think he's as poor as anyone they've seen. Long standing fans doesnt make them correct, but it rings some alarm bells.

proved last year could not cut it at this level

Thats total bollox. I will give you FACTS which will indicate the opposite - he is good enough for this level....

He started the first 38 games of last season and guess what?! we were top after 38 game!!

He never started a game after that and look what happened to our league position!!

Title winning side with him in there - average side without him

If you ask me (was in the Williams stand) mostly everyone around me was cheering lee coming off. Couldnt really tell with the directors box though...

Thats total bollox. I will give you FACTS which will indicate the opposite - he is good enough for this level....

He started the first 38 games of last season and guess what?! we were top after 38 game!!

He never started a game after that and look what happened to our league position!!

So by that reasoning Lee is the sole reason we did well last season and can turn any team into a top of the table team.

INCORRECT- Johnson started at Southampton away? that was game 40something? we lost in what was one of our worst performances of the season.

plus as on side note, I find the whole, without johnson we suffered a bit of a myth, yes the run in results weren't brilliant, however......at the start of the season, everyone pointed at the end of season run-in and pointed at how tough it was, the simple fact for me was that the run in was tough and with or without johnson it was always going to be a struggle.

INCORRECT- Johnson started at Southampton away? that was game 40something? we lost in what was one of our worst performances of the season.

yes he did start vs southampton my mistake. still only 1 of the final 8

So by that reasoning Lee is the sole reason we did well last season and can turn any team into a top of the table team.

plus as on side note, I find the whole, without johnson we suffered a bit of a myth, yes the run in results weren't brilliant, however......at the start of the season, everyone pointed at the end of season run-in and pointed at how tough it was, the simple fact for me was that the run in was tough and with or without johnson it was always going to be a struggle.

I'm not saying he was the sole reason. far from it. I was replying to this

proved last year could not cut it at this level....

now, you cant hide in central midfield and IF he wasnt good enough we would not have been top. you might get away with having a poor full back. but not central midfield!

Say what you like about this season - but when people say he was'nt good enough last season it makes my blood boil!

Guest LJ is our King
Pair of fellas behind me have been watching City for over 40 years, and they think he's as poor as anyone they've seen. Long standing fans doesnt make them correct, but it rings some alarm bells.

numerous members of my family have been watching city since then or before then and they think LJ is good, it's all a matter of what you think makes a good midfielder

yes he did start vs southampton my mistake. still only 1 of the final 8

I'm not saying he was the sole reason. far from it. I was replying to this

now, you cant hide in central midfield and IF he wasnt good enough we would not have been top. you might get away with having a poor full back. but not central midfield!

Say what you like about this season - but when people say he was good enough last season it makes my blood boil!

So what if they say he isn't good enough? :D

Yep, Dave Rennie played in The Premier League.

Yes he did, although I can't remember victimising him at all.

As for Joe Burnell and Christian Roberts, how did they progress their careers after leaving Ashton Gate?

I can remember thinking that 'backwards Joe wasn't good enough and Christian was just too inconsistent.

So maybe the fans were two thirds right eh!

Lots of talk and debate but not one person has given a good reason for the ironic cheers yet or explained how they will help this football club.

I'm not going to Southampton on Saturday but if I was I'd be busy making a big banner with "LJ, we stick by you" or "I support Lee Johnson and ALL the team - to the end" on it.

Alternatively if anyone wants to cart a 20x3ft banner saying "Always Believe" on it down to St. Mary's then let me know - if I know you, you are responsible, promise to put it in a good place and bring it back then drop me a PM.

They need us now more than any point in the last 2 years.

Football supporters are not always as stupid as some people would have you believe (obviously there are exceptions).

They can actually tell a good player from a poor player occasionally.

If a player that was deemed to be not quite good enough for this level left the club and was replaced by a better player

that would help the club, isn't that obvious?

This is what the club as a whole are trying to achieve to play at the highest level possible.

If some players have to be replaced to improve then so be it.

Unfortunately for Lee his footballing ability is overshadowed by his lack of physical ability to compete at this level.

Lee Johnson is not blessed with speed, strength or tackling skill and this has been exposed on too many occasions

this and last season.

I thank him for his efforts and will support him when he dons a red shirt as I would any other player untill they are replaced by someone better.

Football supporters are not always as stupid as some people would have you believe (obviously there are exceptions).

They can actually tell a good player from a poor player occasionally.

If a player that was deemed to be not quite good enough for this level left the club and was replaced by a better player

that would help the club, isn't that obvious?

This is what the club as a whole are trying to achieve to play at the highest level possible.

If some players have to be replaced to improve then so be it.

Unfortunately for Lee his footballing ability is overshadowed by his lack of physical ability to compete at this level.

Lee Johnson is not blessed with speed, strength or tackling skill and this has been exposed on too many occasions

this and last season.

I thank him for his efforts and will support him when he dons a red shirt as I would any other player untill they are replaced by someone better.

But this is my point - you may not think he's the greatest player ever but are supporting him as a City player. :city: Others aren't.

Archived