IGNORED

Southampton Crowds

Roadrunner

Over the past few weeks the local paper have been on about the poor crowds at St Mary's. This is a bit from last weeks paper.

"Saint's attracted another record low league attendance at St Mary's for the Coventry visit- just 14,226 a figure which included 761 vistiting fans.

The crowd figure also includes all Saint's season ticket holders, whether they were present in the stadium or not. After seven games of the 2008/09 campaign, Saint's average Champoinship crowd is 15,781, less than half the St Mary's capacity. That is a 26%drop on last seasons average of 21,254. "

The blame seems to be between Robert Lowe's return and the fact they have got rid of all thier high earners, Stern included. After a good fight back at Preston on Saturday, and with the City selling less than a 1,000 so far, and with the game on the tv. I would expect the crowd to be around 13,500. I am really looking forward to Saturday and have a feeling we will get back on track and see some goals, so i am going for Southampton 1 CITY 3.

Went to Saints last year and wasn't impressed with the stadium. Made me think a lot about what might happen if and when our new stadium is built and what we might learn from it. The concourses were overly crowded in the away section and it looked much like many new stadiums in the CC, half empty.

Despite this, looking forward to Saturday and I believe Gary will get a response from the team. We didn't show up last season and I can't see us playing as badly again. I haven't seen us lose away yet this season, so I'm quietly optimistic. Ironically, we seem to generate a better atmosphere when there are less of us, so also looking forward to us fans doing our bit as well by bouncing around the ground :dancing2:

Went to Saints last year and wasn't impressed with the stadium. Made me think a lot about what might happen if and when our new stadium is built and what we might learn from it. The concourses were overly crowded in the away section and it looked much like many new stadiums in the CC, half empty.

Despite this, looking forward to Saturday and I believe Gary will get a response from the team. We didn't show up last season and I can't see us playing as badly again. I haven't seen us lose away yet this season, so I'm quietly optimistic. Ironically, we seem to generate a better atmosphere when there are less of us, so also looking forward to us fans doing our bit as well by bouncing around the ground :dancing2:

Agree a 1000 city fans away are normally louder than 3000, I reckon we will have about a thousand there on Saturday and think it maybe a decent day out and the game is under floodlights due to late kick off! Roll on Saturday!

Greetings from the south coast...........

I was going to say stay at home and watch on the box as we are trying to cut the cash cow towards Rupert Lowe and judas Michael Wilde !

I wont get into the politics as i would be here allday but fans are staying away due to those two (major shareholders) as the pair are directly responsible for our demise over the last three years from Premier League relegation. Shit happens but when its due to colassal mismanagament from the two clowns and they ignore the wishes of fans it leaves direct boycott action the final avenue. The only reason Stern John has joined you is that our No1 clown (lowe) wanted a couple of hundred grand now rather than nothing in May as he is out of contract. He scored 20 goals last season and basically kept us up and simply do not have firepower like that with loanee strikers firing blanks.

As this is a Southampton topic I was just wondered if the seating is unreserved for sat? I know there's seat numbers on tickets but it wont be very full will it? tx

There won't be more than 1k of us there and we were allocated 2.5k I think so I wouldn't worry too much about where to sit.

There won't be more than 1k of us there and we were allocated 2.5k I think so I wouldn't worry too much about where to sit.

I think we will probably take a bit over 1k to be honest, as its pay on the day you always get the odd few that decide to come last minute.

Archived