IGNORED

Reserves Game Tomorow

Miles_in_the_Dolman

Guest Bcfc Mike

What makes me laugh though is tonight you had the likes of trundle sproule etc playing for the reserves??

Trundle should be a regular 1st team player....not making up the numbers in the reserves!!

Why was LJ not playing for the reserves tonight.....because his name is already on saturdays team sheet thats why??

Disgusting

What makes me laugh though is tonight you had the likes of trundle sproule etc playing for the reserves??

Trundle should be a regular 1st team player....not making up the numbers in the reserves!!

Why was LJ not playing for the reserves tonight.....because his name is already on saturdays team sheet thats why??Disgusting

Agreed with the first point, at elast on the bench!!!

2nd Point?? as John would say "you cannot be serious?!?!?!"

Why was LJ not playing for the reserves tonight.....because his name is already on saturdays team sheet thats why??

Disgusting

Well if thats your way of thinking why didn't Wilson, Elliot, Mcindoe, Fontaine, Orr and McCombe play tonight? Because they were all as poor as Johnson on Saturday.

Disgusting

Hmmm ... I would've thought you were delighted to see a City team take the field without LJ and including Noble and Trundle from the start. Pity they were over-run by a reserve team, you might get the impression on here sometimes that those team changes alone would see us hammering on the door on the Champions League ... obviously not.

Disgusting

What makes me laugh is when Trundle was a regular last season this board was full of "waste of money" "drop him" posts. He's got great skill & the potential to be a match winner but you can't hide from the fact his chronic lack of pace puts him at a massive disadvantage at this level & overall he's been a disappointment.

To many people he's become a cause celebre' - imagine if it had been one of our "less popular" players that missed from 3 yards against the Blades!

Disgusting

I guess you would have DN be the first on the team sheet each week eh?

But wait did he not play against Reading reserves last night?

And what was the score?

:disapointed2se:

Interesting comments from Johnson in paper re reserves. Says that Tuesday's games confirmed things they already knew - some good some bad. Now, only Johnson will know what that means, but I spspect:

For good - I guess he means Akinde, who worked really hard, won everything in the air and looked dangerous against a good defence including Duberry asnd Golbourne. Lots of turns of pace, he found space well, and would have scored if not for a blinding save late on.

For bad - Probably Sproule and Maynard, I'm afraid. Spoule came on for Skuse and looked sluggish. His delivery was below par and he went pretty unnoticed to be honest. Maynard looked desperately short of confidence - no end product but no real chances. He got caught off side rather frustratingly on a number of occassions.

Other first teamers were a bit of a mixed bag. Webster cuts quite a commanding figure, but again thought he was off the pace and a tad panicky. Noble was clearly amongst the most skillful on the pitch, and frequently seemed disgusted by the short-comings of others. Trundle was lively enough, spurred on no doubt after he got a bit of a smack in the face. Can't understand the need to play him in the reserves though when he's almost certain to be in the 16 on saturday.

For people who went i'm just wondering how Scott Golbourne got on? Would it be worth getting him back to cover/start?

Scott did well but he did not realy have a great deal to deal with on our right hand side as Sproul struggled IMHO and we lacked any fire power up front against there two centre backs

Looking at this stats the only real game time he has had as been in Lg 2 on loan

Archived