IGNORED

Pafc Fan On Sunday's 606

22A

He reckons Plymouth will need 2, prob 3 new players to compete in Div 1 next season and he'll be happy with a mid table finish. If the side that's won this Div needs strengthening, then how many better players will City/QPR/Swindle/whoever need to get to avoid coming straight back down?

No i think it makes no difference to us. Our defence is much better than theirs, as is our midfield.

I think we Desperately need 1 player, a striker to play alongside robbo who can score goals, and school miller as well.

We could do 2 players, a centre back to replace Buts, but Fortune would do, but again somoen with expirence to school our young defenders and bring them on further. A central midfielder, someone who will get on the edge of the box when the ball breaks out, an attacking midfielder, mabye a look at Paul Evans as he doesn't seem to have had much of a go at bradford, would do no harm.

Would be nice to get (but not essential) a keeper to bring on Phillips even more ond offer much needed competition.

So overall i think we could survive with making 1 signing, the Striker as our midfield and defence could just about hold it's own as it is. But if we got a Cb and an AMC then we would be fine. Most of our players are individually good enough, but they just need that little bit of expirence to get them to the level required collectively. 3 expirenced div 1 players in the key positions would i think be plenty with what we have got to ensure we don't have a mare.

Guest Turb0T

Argyle do need 3 or 4 new signings to compete in Div1, and so would QPR or you guys.

I'm sure Bobby Williamson will give the existing players a chance, but we only have 20 players (and Michael Foot, who's not as spritely on the Left Wing as he once was :rolleyes: ).

We'll need a Leon Knight-like forward (but not Leon Knight), another Friio-like midfielder (we so missed him against you) and a classy central defender if Aljofree doesn't cut it (I don't think you've seen him either?).

Good luck for the last two games. We'd like those 6pts back next season :)

Tim

Archived