IGNORED

Well Done Lj!

guernica

if he performed on a constant basis, no one would have a basis to complain though, instead he turns up for one in five games.

as i said in the match thread.

interesting thing is, he got subbed playing Norwich, next game played a blinder against Charlton, Subbed against Reading, next game, gets a goal....

if he performed on a constant basis, no one would have a basis to complain though, instead he turns up for one in five games.

as i said in the match thread.

interesting thing is, he got subbed playing Norwich, next game played a blinder against Charlton, Subbed against Reading, next game, gets a goal....

Oh, I thought it was one in four. It's worse than I realised.

He is playing well again today away from home and scored a superb goal. Fair play to him. Lesser men would have hidden after last weekend.

Agreed Edson. He's got a big heart and no one can doubt he cares and whats to do his best for BCFC.

As for Bh red explanation, I think its more to do he hasnt got idiots on his back for a misplace pass, where as all his teamates get away with it. He always plays much better higher up the pitch, rather then in the holding role.

Lets hope the boo-boys give him a chance next week.

LJ proved my longstanding point tonight. His best games for the club have been in a FIVE man midfield alongside NOBLE. Noble gives him the outlet he needs to shift the ball forwards instead of backwards and sideways - have a look next week and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm glad he did score a good goal because I don't HATE the bloke and want ANY player in a red shirt to play well.

Well done LJ. Oh, and what a fantastic first time 40 yard pass by Bradley Orr to Dele to start the move off and what another cracking pass by Noble to set Johnson up. Fantastic team goal.

Guest Bcfc Mike
Maybe that'll keep some of the idiots quiet for a while...

LJ scored a good goal, but once again a totally useless performance in midfied again from him.....I think its a bloody degrace the likes of lee trundle who is a far superior player to LJ is left on the bench and we have to watch a poor performance from LJ again

Guest Bcfc Mike
One goal does not make a man. He's still a liability no matter what little tricks he pulls out once in a while, in my honest opinion.

Totally agree

LJ scored a good goal, but once again a totally useless performance in midfied again from him.....I think its a bloody degrace the likes of lee trundle who is a far superior player to LJ is left on the bench and we have to watch a poor performance from LJ again

What did he do for you to describe his performance as "totally useless"?

Or do you just not have Sky?

To be fair I'm not LJ's biggest fan but criticising him on tonights effort is being critical for criticals sake. He did have a decent game but it is still possible to want to see a bit more from him before being converted!!! The whole problem with the LJ debate is that the 95% majority get too hung up about the opinions of the 5% minority who either slag off LJ to the hilt or resort to attacking David Noble's character just because they rate LJ better.

Guest Bcfc Mike
What did he do for you to describe his performance as "totally useless"?

Or do you just not have Sky?

Just still very weak...backwards and sideways balls all the time, and well when he trys to jump its like carry on football...noble gets the ball and plays good forward passes.....

You really are a silly man.

Just still very weak...backwards and sideways balls all the time, and well when he trys to jump its like carry on football...noble gets the ball and plays good forward passes.....

Oh right.

It's the latter. You don't have Sky.

Thanks for clarifying.

So you completly missed the count less flicks/one-twos/through balls in and around the box?

Unbelievable he is STILL being slated, just goes to show no matter what he does, he will still be slated by the fickle few

Interesting. So LT is a direct replacement for LJ is he :disapointed2se:

Are you

a) Lee Trundle

b) Lee Trundles Mum

c) Liz

Whilst we're on this type of thread lets give a bit of credit to Bradley as well. He has a few critics on here too (including one or two who think it is wrong to be critical of LJ). Brilliant pass to Dele to start the move for the goal and that tackle near the end would have done Bobby Moore proud.

BCFC Mike what are you talking about. Did you watch the game ? No matter what LJ does you won't give him a break. I am a LJ fan but even if I wasn't Id still look at his performance objectively. You show yourself up for being small minded or not someone who understands football. I have no problem with anyone having an oppinion but not when it is to have a go for the saking of having a go with no substance. Don't worry next week you can cheer and clap again when he gets taken off like the true fan you are.

he was brilliant...

and understandably, in a 5 man midfield he is always first name on the team sheet for me! he kept the ball moving, got foward and had a 15 minute spell around his goal where he and noble controlled everything.

well done lee

(absolutely pathetic attempt at a celebration though!!! spose he doesnt get much practice :innocent06: )

Thought he played very well today, i take issue with the way he plays a lot of the time but he even in a 4-4-2 he plays much, much better when in a more advanced position, he can be very useful in a 4-4-2 but to get the best out of him noble has to play, when he doesn't i think Lj puts too much pressure on himself to create and that is when he begins to play stray passes and not play well, but when Noble is on the pitch, even when Noble has just come on it's like a massive weight is suddenly lifted off LJ and he plays with much more freedom.

Quality performance from the lad and the midfield was a whole and dele too.

Whilst we're on this type of thread lets give a bit of credit to Bradley as well. He has a few critics on here too (including one or two who think it is wrong to be critical of LJ). Brilliant pass to Dele to start the move for the goal and that tackle near the end would have done Bobby Moore proud.

Hats off to Bradley - as bad as he was last week, he was good this. Excellent game deserved on mom. Basso also showed superb handling and judgement.

To be honest thought Soton were there for the taking. Didn't think the midfield, including LJ, was more than average. I was a 'supporter' on the LJ, until recently, when I've erred on the more negative side I fear. Hopefully, the goal will restore his confidence that seemed all but shot this season.

Archived