IGNORED

Well Done Lj!

guernica

LJ scored a good goal, but once again a totally useless performance in midfied again from him.....I think its a bloody degrace the likes of lee trundle who is a far superior player to LJ is left on the bench and we have to watch a poor performance from LJ again

i dident think he was useless thought he had a good game WELL DONE LEE JOHNSON for a craking goal

Whilst we're on this type of thread lets give a bit of credit to Bradley as well. He has a few critics on here too

Yes, me for a start.

But I thought he gave a stunning performance today - the type that does get you rated as the best right back in the division. The cross in was sublime and the last ditch tackle in the box reminded me of Geoff Merrick at his best.

Every week please Bradders, every week please.

I thought he played well today like he did at Coventry and Charlton. But apart from those 3 games I feel he has been very poor and the consistency is just not there for us to progress with him in the team.

that's the problem as always, when he plays well, he's excellent, but he just doesn't do it in enough of the games.

something I mentioned in another posting, is that in both the games he's been subbed, the follow games (charlton & today) he has put in excellent performances, something to think about

One goal does not make a man. He's still a liability no matter what little tricks he pulls out once in a while, in my honest opinion.

He is rarely the worst player on the pitch and less rarely the best. Yet it's LJ who gets singled out for criticism above any other player.

I thought he played well today like he did at Coventry and Charlton. But apart from those 3 games I feel he has been very poor and the consistency is just not there for us to progress with him in the team.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that his best 3 performances of he season have come way from home. Hopefully by scoring he will now have restored a bit of self confidence and belief and I hope the boo boys will have the good sense to let him build on this and flourish at home.

He is rarely the worst player on the pitch and less rarely the best. Yet it's LJ who gets singled out for criticism above any other player.

the problem is in Central midfield there is no hiding places and for any midfielders if your not performing, it gets noticed, as it has been with Elliott who hasn't looked the same player as last season.

People have criticised midfield as a whole this season, no just LJ, however someone who has played more games than anyone else in midfield is going to get more comments than players who haven't played constantly or have missed games through injury.

Just still very weak...backwards and sideways balls all the time, and well when he trys to jump its like carry on football...noble gets the ball and plays good forward passes.....

Someone has to play the ball simple to allow the likes of noble to be able to play his forward passes. Since when have the rules of football stated you cant pass sideways or backwards :dunno: ? thought the idea was to keep the ball and that is what he does most of the time. Give the bloke a break for fxxx sake.

I stated in a post last week that we play our best football with a 5 man midfield and it proved that tonight.

He played above average, was in the right place at the right time when it mattered and produced a good finish to ultimately win us the 3 points that on the basis of our performance allover the pitch was deserved. I will say though that LJ still consistantly gives the ball away far too much and in too many instances, in dangerous positions, once tonight in the second half that could have easily led to a goal.

Well done LJ, well done City onward and upwards.

On another note, David Noble, if he can stay fit he can lead us to the promised land.

Delighted for LJ, seriously, looking at the pictures on BCFC.co.uk and seeing how much that goal meant to him, means so much to me. As a fan, to see that from a player wearing the City shirt is awesome. Some of you on here who have slagged him off should be ashamed of yourselves, but somehow i doubt you will be. Its a shame but i honestly believe there are some on here who delight in his below par performances. Get of his back and you may see this more often, the guy has enough pressure due to his surname as it is.

Well done Lee, well done the team.

the problem is in Central midfield there is no hiding places and for any midfielders if your not performing, it gets noticed, as it has been with Elliott who hasn't looked the same player as last season.

People have criticised midfield as a whole this season, no just LJ, however someone who has played more games than anyone else in midfield is going to get more comments than players who haven't played constantly or have missed games through injury.

Why? Fitness may take a while to come back after a lay-out but ability should return quickly.

I see your point about central midfield, but while it does offer an explanation, it does not suffice as an excuse.

Why? Fitness may take a while to come back after a lay-out but ability should return quickly.

I see your point about central midfield, but while it does offer an explanation, it does not suffice as an excuse.

the problem with Elliott is though is that he is a player who's game is based on his work rate and his ability to close people down quickly, win the ball and move it on. He's a good technically player, but his game is more about his agility, power and ability to get around the pitch, when he is struggling for fitness it's noticeable more than any other player due to the way he plays his game.

He suffered the same early in the year when he then had to miss a few games, today though he did show glimpes of getting his fitness back to the level we are used tol

Just still very weak...backwards and sideways balls all the time, and well when he trys to jump its like carry on football...noble gets the ball and plays good forward passes.....

....and you've turned up on here quite recently haven't you?

I for one wouldn't mind if you disappeared as quickly as you appeared.....

Your criticism of LJ is as boring as it is repetitive. Even his harshest critics have at least admitted credit where credit's due tonight. Or are you just a one-issue wonder?

Ive come to live with the fact that nepotism is always going to surround LJ, i think he has recently been out of form but as with any player not performing, some managers will play there players back into form others will drop them for a spell in the reserves until they recover. He took his goal brilliantly today and the relief on his face was a clear indicator he himself had been feeling the pressure, I'm sure he wished he had hit that winner at Ashton Gate instead of in front of more hardcore away support.

Good all round performance today and a welcome 3 points with a bonus of bouncebackability!

LJ scored a good goal, but once again a totally useless performance in midfied again from him.....I think its a bloody degrace the likes of lee trundle who is a far superior player to LJ is left on the bench and we have to watch a poor performance from LJ again

Incase you havn't noticed from your armchair, Trundle is a striker. But is sometimes played as a winger. Unfortunatley for you, not a central midfielder.

Yes, me for a start.

But I thought he gave a stunning performance today - the type that does get you rated as the best right back in the division. The cross in was sublime and the last ditch tackle in the box reminded me of Geoff Merrick at his best.

Every week please Bradders, every week please.

Fantastic tackle. IMO, all our defence played superb. After last weekend, and with the conditions as they were, I think they showed alot of courage and 'bouncebackability' to knock it along the back line as well as they did today. Liam Fontaine seems like a new man this season. How long do you think it will take Carey to get back into the starting XI?

I think this is the point - ignoring those who say LJ is in the team because of his dad, AND those who feel they must defend him because of it, the fact is in my view, that we build play through LJ, he's therefore on the ball more than anyone else and should probably be the best player in the team because of it. Therefore when he doesn't influence the game its more noticable.

His goal was great, he was in the right area of the pitch for a change and I hope that he can use last night as a springboard to better things because GJ rates him highly and he will always start whether in a midfield 4 or 5.

Great performance by Lee today finished off by a super goal. No matter how well Lee does he will always get some pathetic comments said to him or written about him, but hopefully after his goal yesterday this will be the start of a few more, as he said in his world interview it has been a long time coming!

Well done Lee for coming out and speaking to city world and not moaning or slagging anyone off like some have about you.

Hopefully see you next saturday celebrating another goal in front of the atyeo this time!

Oh, I thought it was one in four. It's worse than I realised.

He is playing well again today away from home and scored a superb goal. Fair play to him. Lesser men would have hidden after last weekend.

Lesser men wouldnt have been given the opportunity. Three of the poorest of a dire mob last week were substituted with almost half the game left, only one of those still started the game yesterday. It proves that, rightly or wrongly, Johnson will start every game and, like it or not, City fans may as well accept that fact and get behind him.

A few on here, myself included, think Trundle should have started. Thats not a direct replacement for Johnson, it would mean only 4 in midfield and Trundle up front.

I said that before the game, and still think that would be my favoured formation and personnel.

Thats nothing against Johnson, just what I think.

That said, he played well yesterday and I was pleased for him, and once again in terms of results, you cant take it away from Johnson Senior.

Oh, I thought it was one in four. It's worse than I realised.

He is playing well again today away from home and scored a superb goal. Fair play to him. Lesser men would have hidden after last weekend.

Lee Johnson looked far more comfortable in the 5 man midfield against Southampton. Lee Johnson was dangerously exposed in the 4 man midfield against Reading. We dominated the Southampton game from start to finish as a result. A superb winning goal from Lee Johnson that was definately the result of having David Noble playing alongside him. The 5 man midfield could be the key to unlock our promotion potential this season.

He played OK, and took his goal well, fair play to him. However, if GJ decides we need two up front next week (my preference), there will be a tough choice of whether to leave out Noble or LJ. As others have found out, scoring a goal is no guarantee of a starting place the following week.

Lesser men wouldnt have been given the opportunity. Three of the poorest of a dire mob last week were substituted with almost half the game left, only one of those still started the game yesterday. It proves that, rightly or wrongly, Johnson will start every game and, like it or not, City fans may as well accept that fact and get behind him.

A few on here, myself included, think Trundle should have started. Thats not a direct replacement for Johnson, it would mean only 4 in midfield and Trundle up front.

I said that before the game, and still think that would be my favoured formation and personnel.

Thats nothing against Johnson, just what I think.

That said, he played well yesterday and I was pleased for him, and once again in terms of results, you cant take it away from Johnson Senior.

agree with what you are saying and it's not the first time it's happened, same happened with the plymouth game after noble and trundle made the difference and dragged us back into the game.

for Trundle to not even get a run out yesterday, even from the bench is disgusting and shows that some people won't be picked regardless of their previous performances, how Sproule and Maynard came on instead of Trundle......well I'm just lost for words.

Plenty of City players have recived the same treatment as Lee Johnson when thier form dips. Most players who have been on the recieving end of it have disappeared and wilted. I`ve never seen him hide or blame other players around him. He simply gets on withn it, is always looking for the ball and his work rate is superb.

Fair play to him, it takes a lot of mental touchness to bounce back like that.

Was pleased by the whole team performance yesterday and the way we lined up further fed my belief that both Noble and Johnson are both better in a 5-man midfield.

I'm a 'fan' of Lee Johnson and at time a critic of David Noble, but I do believe that not only do they perform best as a pair but that neither is ideal as part of a 4-man midfield combination.

Good to see another midfielder get a goal and I now make it 14 different players who have found the net for us this season; surely some sort of record?

Against Forest it will be interesting to see what approach Gary takes.

Depite being impressed with Brian Wilson's contribution out of position yesterday I'd suggest that having just one left footed player on that side was a problem, especially when attacking. I'd not what to drop him really but would tempted to reintroduce McAllister (if fit) for the sake of balance.

And cudos to the team on keeping 5 clean sheets out of the last 6 games. Let's make it 6 out of 7 next week and make Forest wish they'd dumped Calderwood after he'd run his mouth off about our promotion chances in 06/07!

Archived