IGNORED

David Noble

Robbored

I thought Noble was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch today. Everything he did just oozed class especially his cool lay off to Lee Johnson for the winning goal. Some of his passing was so clever that he fooled not only the Saints defence but his own team mates. His close control was sublime and hardly made a poor pass all game. OK he doesn't cover as much grass as some other players but what he brings in terms of quality is far better than running around for 90mins and producing very little. He looked class act which of course he is.

Just when I thought he was going to get in a full 90mins Johnson in true to form style took him off. It was only a couple of mins from ft but even so.....

Surely Noble should have done enough to get a start against Forest next week.

A good result - much needed after last week and of course last seasons crap performance at St Mary's.

I thought Noble was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch today. Everything he did just oozed class especially his cool lay off to Lee Johnson for the winning goal. Some of his passing was so clever that he fooled not only the Saints defence but his own team mates. His close control was sublime and hardly made a poor pass all game. OK he doesn't cover as much grass as some other players but what he brings in terms of quality is far better than running around for 90mins and producing very little. He looked class act which of course he is.

Just when I thought he was going to get in a full 90mins Johnson in true to form style took him off. It was only a couple of mins from ft but even so.....

Surely Noble should have done enough to get a start against Forest next week.

A good result - much needed after last week and of course last seasons crap performance at St Mary's.

Noble will start next week in my view. He is now fit and raring to go and should only be judged on what he does on the football field. Tonight was a great start for him.

I agree he was excellent.

I don't understand the dig about taking him off though. Williams had already gone off, GJ wanted to get another defender on and Noble has only just come back into the side so would be feeling it more than Lee Johnson.

I agree he was excellent.

I don't understand the dig about taking him off though. Williams had already gone off, GJ wanted to get another defender on and Noble has only just come back into the side so would be feeling it more than Lee Johnson.

It wasn't a dig - just an observation that Johnson very rarely gives Noble a full game. In fact I can't remember the last time Noble completed a full game. For player who brings so much to the team thats a travesty imo and surely can't do Noble's morale much good.

It wasn't a dig - just an observation that Johnson very rarely gives Noble a full game. In fact I can't remember the last time Noble completed a full game. For player who brings so much to the team thats a travesty imo and surely can't do Noble's morale much good.

You're suggesting the manager wrongly subs a player and, in so doing, damages that player's morale. And it wasn't a dig?

Agree fully that Noble had an EXCELLENT game, and 85mins or so was more than enough, I had no problem with Noble coming off if it is a tactical change like it was tonight for a defender, what is annoying is when he's taken off in a like for like sub, when players around him aren't matching his performance.

all that said, EXCELLENT from Noble tonihgt

he had a great game, as did gavin and little lee :)

the midfield worked! marvin was always there and mccindoe played well second half (althought that is the most pathetic attempt at a pen ive seen for a while... let brad have em back!)

well done to dele too, i thought he was fantastic! especially on the floor!!!!!!! great powerful running and turn of pace still there :)

he had a great game, as did gavin and little lee :)

the midfield worked! marvin was always there and mccindoe played well second half (althought that is the most pathetic attempt at a pen ive seen for a while... let brad have em back!)

well done to dele too, i thought he was fantastic! especially on the floor!!!!!!! great powerful running and turn of pace still there :)

Given the last penalty efforts from Brad and now McIndoe I reckon we should have a look at Basso.

Johnson had other options. Elliot, Lee Johnson,McIndoe.....or possibly a defender for a defender?

An observation thats all.

You actually think those were viable options when trying to get an extra defender on and shore things up defensively?

You actually think those were viable options when trying to get an extra defender on and shore things up defensively?

I was happy all round. Noble played well, LJ finally scored and James Wilson made his debut, rewarding his patience and great potential.

Forest drew with B'rum, so yet another mouth watering fixture with one of our favourite enemies.

Noble's lay off was absolute class. 99 times out of 100 when the ball comes out to a player like that they will have a go themselves. Fantastic awareness and teamwork from Nobes.

Can fully understand why he was subbed, he hasn't played much at all lately and like someone else said would have been feeling the burn far more than LJ or Marv in my opinion.

Noble's lay off was absolute class. 99 times out of 100 when the ball comes out to a player like that they will have a go themselves. Fantastic awareness and teamwork from Nobes.

Can fully understand why he was subbed, he hasn't played much at all lately and like someone else said would have been feeling the burn far more than LJ or Marv in my opinion.

Don't forget Bradley Orr's fantastic first time forty yard ball to Dele that started the move. That was class too but has hardly got a mention.

Don't forget Bradley Orr's fantastic first time forty yard ball to Dele that started the move. That was class too but has hardly got a mention.

Not to mention Dele's clever use of the post and judgement of angles to pick out Nobes, rather than be selfish.

Indeed it was a brilliant team move all round, and I didn't mean to use my Noble praise to the detriment of the others involved.

Brilliant ball from Bradley, excellent power and skill from Dele, very unlucky with the finish, clever play from Noble and a top class finish from LJ. All the parts working together like a well oiled machine. Beautiful, ain't it!

I'd think one of the reasons Noble was subbed was also so he could take the applause from the City fans, let the crowd show their appreciation of a job well done. I also thought he was a better candidate for MOTM than MM who was no were near his best.

Well done Nobes, looked bloody class, and showed he can actually last the majority of a match!

Great assist too.

He was class. But he can't last a game. Was pretty anonymous for a while leading up to the substitution.

But so what? Play him from the start, let him do the damage, them sub him and let's do something different.

He was class. But he can't last a game. Was pretty anonymous for a while leading up to the substitution.

But so what? Play him from the start, let him do the damage, them sub him and let's do something different.

Games under his belt will see him last the 90.....hopefully!

Games under his belt will see him last the 90.....hopefully!

I would like to think so, but I'm not sure he ever has?

I am no expert on physical fitness etc etc, but maybe not everyone can develop the same stamina? Perhaps it's like mountain riders and sprinters in the Tour de France. Different engines and all that b***ocks.

Personally, I thought McIndoe had a very good game and wouldn't say it was undeserved.

agree fully.

First half especially he was fantastic and certainly stood out, lots of good attacking wing play and in 2nd half also put in a couple of excellent crosses

to be honest, haven't understand some of the comments regarding his form this season.

considering it was his first start of the season and he played 86mins and was involved fully through the game, I think he put in a BLOODY good shift, I've been critical of his fitness of his past, but put in a bloody good shift today, and alongside McIndoe probably put in more running than anyone in a black shirt, due to his constant closing down and pressing.

Good performance, hopefully he'll get more starts again soon.

Archived