IGNORED

What Happens Next Week?

Tunley Legend

Do we stick with a 4-5-1 at home which can be perceived as negative but seems to give us a midfield department in our team and allows us to play some smashing football on the deck with great movement off the ball or do we have to go more attacking (theoretically) in a 4-4-2 to accommodate Stern John with the risk that our midfield struggles, our movement is more rigid and we have to start going long to bypass it? If it is to be 4-4-2, which one of the midfield three of Johnson, Noble and Williams would miss out?

I'd go back to 4-4-2 at home. Stern John needs to come back into the team without doubt.

despite the result, were still very lacking in the final 3rd, against a very average southampton team, Forest aren't a great team either, but we need to be more positive we at home, it's unfortunate that someone from midfield will have to drop out, but it's a long season and players will get their chances.

all that said.......I'd expect Gary to stay with 4-5-1.

apart from the obvious formation change question, John will come back into the 16 without a doubt, who drops out? Dele, Trundle or Mayard.

I'd go back to 4-4-2 at home. Stern John needs to come back into the team without doubt.

despite the result, were still very lacking in the final 3rd, against a very average southampton team, Forest aren't a great team either, but we need to be more positive we at home, it's unfortunate that someone from midfield will have to drop out, but it's a long season and players will get their chances.

all that said.......I'd expect Gary to stay with 4-5-1.

apart from the obvious formation change question, John will come back into the 16 without a doubt, who drops out? Dele, Trundle or Mayard.

If you were boss, who would you take out to accomedate John?

Do we stick with a 4-5-1 at home which can be perceived as negative but seems to give us a midfield department in our team and allows us to play some smashing football on the deck with great movement off the ball or do we have to go more attacking (theoretically) in a 4-4-2 to accommodate Stern John with the risk that our midfield struggles, our movement is more rigid and we have to start going long to bypass it? If it is to be 4-4-2, which one of the midfield three of Johnson, Noble and Williams would miss out?

Surely stick with a winning side to start. Make changes from the bench when required?

Guest ashtonyate

Having watch the match on sky we should have won by 3/4 nil but yet again we were so negative up front by playing Adebola alone for all the time he was on the pitch.

One time he broke forward and he looked back so to play the ball to a team mate and he was by himself with no City player with in twenty yards of him.

I thought we were going to lose the game in the last half hour had they got a goal I think they would have got another because their tails would have been up we must kill of teams but you are not going to that the way we play.

Its down to Gary Johnson's tactics Southampton were very poor yet by us not finishing them of they were still in the game

Having watch the match on sky we should have won by 3/4 nil but yet again we were so negative up front by playing Adebola alone for all the time he was on the pitch.

One time he broke forward and he looked back so to play the ball to a team mate and he was by himself with no City player with in twenty yards of him.

I thought we were going to lose the game in the last half hour had they got a goal I think they would have got another because their tails would have been up we must kill of teams but you are not going to that the way we play.

Its down to Gary Johnson's tactics Southampton were very poor yet by us not finishing them of they were still in the game

agreed, there were a very poor team and during large periods of the game they were there for the taking and it was frustrating that we couldn't really finish them off, to be honest they look like a team that could and possibly will go down.

said it before though and will say it again, we should be seriously looking at making a move for Andrew Surman, quality midfield in a poor team.

I agree , thanks to GJ's tactics we were all over them and won the game!

Who does our manager think he is, putting a dominant team together that wins away!

We need a manager like Ashtonyate, who through his post demonstrates to all of us his immense knowledge of the game!

:disapointed2se:

Basso,

Orr, McCombe, Wilson, Fontaine,

Wilson, Williams (Johnson), Elliot, McCindoe

Noble, (Trundle)

John (Adebola)

Easily worked into a 4-4-2 if playing Trunds.

Just a thought anyway, shoot me down in flames for dropping LJ but would love to see Williams and Elliot, think you have great intelligence through the middle with Trunds or Noble feeding off John. Potentially a lot of goals in the team. Noble could easily drop into a more traditional 5.

Guest ashtonyate
I agree , thanks to GJ's tactics we were all over them and won the game!

Who does our manager think he is, putting a dominant team together that wins away!

We need a manager like Ashtonyate, who through his post demonstrates to all of us his immense knowledge of the game!

:disapointed2se:

Yes that was the same tactics that we played against Reading last week and lost 4 nil, in that game when we had a go at them in the second half they were no where as effective and we even scored a goal

• Admin

We are actually very good at playing the 5 in midfield system and even when we come up against teams who match our numbers in the middle we still tend to enjoy the majority of the possession/territory. With this in mind why not drop a defender (particularly at home against the supposedly lesser sides) and stick 2 strikers ahead of that 5 man midfield?

Same team would be fine by me with Stern John, Trunds and Maynard on the bench. Training this week should be all about NOT being offside. Does anybody have the stats? - I'd guess 12 times. We were even offside from Basso's kick out - that's just lazy and unprofessional.

some of those calls by the linesmen ( for both teams ) were awful,

how do these blokes get chosen?

We are actually very good at playing the 5 in midfield system and even when we come up against teams who match our numbers in the middle we still tend to enjoy the majority of the possession/territory. With this in mind why not drop a defender (particularly at home against the supposedly lesser sides) and stick 2 strikers ahead of that 5 man midfield?

I deliberately onitted 3-5-2 as an option because I just cannot see GJ playing it. But I do like the sound of it at home. If you play that then I would imagine that Brian Wilson would be left out and Stern John brought in.

Ahhhhh. Noooooo. Imagine how smug Bristol Boy would be if we played 3-5-2. :shocking:

I think that one of our strengths is our normal back 4. I would try to keep them together even at home. I agree that we play well with 5 in the middle so I'd keep with that but encourage one of either Noble or our freescoring midfielder Johnson to support Adebola/John when we are playing at home.

well done to the team thay where outstanding the work rate was very good,we played as a team.the link up play from nobby was very good held the ball up lovely,LJ worked well with nobby 4-5-1 is bristol citys formation away rom home and when pos i trhink GJ should rotate that between te two strikers because jonh could play that role,we need to play 2 up top at home ie john and bola...if it was down to me i would rest LJ at least on bench.(that wont happen) 4-5-1 no good at home further more john can srore us goals and we brought him here to play not warm the bench,bristol city is a squad wich at time needs to be roated (at times) when it suits us.. there is one lad in the center of forest team who i tink would have a place in bristol citys team..

Basso,

Orr, McCombe, Wilson, Fontaine,

Wilson, Williams (Johnson), Elliot, McCindoe

Noble, (Trundle)

John (Adebola)

Easily worked into a 4-4-2 if playing Trunds.

Just a thought anyway, shoot me down in flames for dropping LJ but would love to see Williams and Elliot, think you have great intelligence through the middle with Trunds or Noble feeding off John. Potentially a lot of goals in the team. Noble could easily drop into a more traditional 5.

not bad,one thing we are all forgeting is work wrate {LJ} he gets about always in the mix even if its a bad ball he was there,and i don't think any of the others can match that..I'm not talking marv or mcindoe thay have to play a dif game which requires work rate,LJ is a good player its just that everyone has to have a scapegoat HE IS NOT MINE ...Trunds must be kicking himself..

Archived