IGNORED

No Mcindoe Please

Guest Red Cell

Guest Red Cell

Whether we played 4 or 5 in midfield i wouldn't give Mcindoe a starting place. His positional play is shocking, whether you say GJ has asked him to tuck in or not he seems to find his position by looking for his marker and then sits in his pocket. Midfielders should be making themselves available to the man in possesion there have been too many occasions when the defence or midfield has been looking for an outlet looked left and he's nowhere to be seen. I've never seen him beat his man for pace and he doesn't have anywhere near the skill level to beat him with skill, he seems incapable of even creating half a yard or even a balls width of room to get crosses in. He wastes about 99% of every dead ball situation he takes control of, how the hell he is anywhere near the ball when we have free kicks or corners is beyond me, especially when we have the likes of LJ, Trundle, Noble and Williams all much more capable and with at least one of these 4 on the pitch at any given time this season. So he took the Sky m-o-m award and yes i know he runs further than anyone else during the course of a game according to the pro-zone equipment they use but really he's not even close to the base levels of skill required to be a championship midfield player. Fitness and running play a part of course they do and i'm sure people will say you can't play trundle in the wide left role because he won't track back but wouldn't it be wonderful to see how we did with a 5 man midfield that had williams, LJ, Marv, Nobes and Trundle or a 4 man without LJ. Then you'd see us pass our way through teams every week.

Whether we played 4 or 5 in midfield i wouldn't give Mcindoe a starting place. I've never seen him beat his man for pace and he doesn't have anywhere near the skill level to beat him with skill, he seems incapable of even creating half a yard or even a balls width of room to get crosses in. He wastes about 99% of every dead ball situation he takes control of, how the hell he is anywhere near the ball when we have free kicks or corners is beyond me, especially when we have the likes of LJ, Trundle, Noble and Williams all So he took the Sky m-o-m award and yes i know he runs further than anyone else during the course of a game according to the pro-zone equipment they use but really he's not even close to the base levels of skill required to be a championship midfield player.

You could be right, but I think to the outside world, he's one of our more marketable players and just like GJ, they know more than us fans.

Proof of the pudding will come in January - he didn't look too happy after the game when he picked up his MoM award to me, so he may well be off, and I think there will be a few in for him at CCC level.

:disapointed2se: mcindoe is one of the best players we have every had he always gives 100% there are a few in the club that could learn from him its the same with lj yes they don't always have the greatest of games but they are human no body on this forum moans when elliot or basso or mcalister plays crap its only the certain midfield players support your players at city or go and watch football somewhere else why not be a sag head you have a good reason to moan then

:disapointed2se: mcindoe is one of the best players we have every had he always gives 100% there are a few in the club that could learn from him its the same with lj yes they don't always have the greatest of games but they are human no body on this forum moans when elliot or basso or mcalister plays crap its only the certain midfield players support your players at city or go and watch football somewhere else why not be a sag head you have a good reason to moan then

Aaaaand breathe..!

Guest Red Cell

Sounds like you've been a fan since about 5.15 on Saturday then. "one of the best players we've ever had" ... very funny!!

what i want to know is why he doesnt concentrate on the ball when he is going to head it, instead, he'll turn around and jump for the ball being more concerned with the opponent than the ball. Hence why he never wins it in the air!

good player though and I can't say that I agree with the level of criticism

Thanks for your input Mrs M.

Tell me, always wondered - what do professional footballers have for tea most evenings? And, those ears - endearing or hazardous?

Bit harsh, I've not seen many games this season so I cant really comment on his form, but last season he was awesome.

You don't just become a bad player, maybe he's just having a bad start to the season, it happens. Form is temporary.

Problem is who would you use instead of him? I think he's one of our better players and should be treated as such which I'm sure he is.

Watch him score next game.

Whether we played 4 or 5 in midfield i wouldn't give Mcindoe a starting place. His positional play is shocking, whether you say GJ has asked him to tuck in or not he seems to find his position by looking for his marker and then sits in his pocket. Midfielders should be making themselves available to the man in possesion there have been too many occasions when the defence or midfield has been looking for an outlet looked left and he's nowhere to be seen. I've never seen him beat his man for pace and he doesn't have anywhere near the skill level to beat him with skill, he seems incapable of even creating half a yard or even a balls width of room to get crosses in. He wastes about 99% of every dead ball situation he takes control of, how the hell he is anywhere near the ball when we have free kicks or corners is beyond me, especially when we have the likes of LJ, Trundle, Noble and Williams all much more capable and with at least one of these 4 on the pitch at any given time this season. So he took the Sky m-o-m award and yes i know he runs further than anyone else during the course of a game according to the pro-zone equipment they use but really he's not even close to the base levels of skill required to be a championship midfield player. Fitness and running play a part of course they do and i'm sure people will say you can't play trundle in the wide left role because he won't track back but wouldn't it be wonderful to see how we did with a 5 man midfield that had williams, LJ, Marv, Nobes and Trundle or a 4 man without LJ. Then you'd see us pass our way through teams every week.

What are you talking about Mcindoe is one of our best players technically and it is likely he has been asked by GJ to switch from the left side to the right at times to confuse the opposition, so thats why you might think his positional play isn't very good. Also whenever we got the ball the space that mcindoe gets in is incredible, it is just that most of the time the other players don't look up and see him in this space and if he does get the ball he will provide a perfect cross 9 times out of 10 it isn't mcindoe's fault that there is noone their to finish it off :disapointed2se:

Whatever your stance on McIndoe's form I do think he need compertition.

How is Myre-Williams doing on loan? He was slowly becoming a decent left-winger at league one level last time I heard anything of him.

If nothing else the young 'un certainly has pace and this might add something to our side.

We lack left-footers outside of our forwards, as has been shown by McAllister's injury.

I agree. Mcindoe has been poor so far this season. There is no doubting he has the ego the size of a house and his work rate is 100%, but thats not enough. I just wish he would slow things down a bit and get his head up. And maybe let someone else take a corner, free kick, and penalty........I think if he had his own way he'd take the goal kicks too.

Rant over.

I agree. Mcindoe has been poor so far this season. There is no doubting he has the ego the size of a house and his work rate is 100%, but thats not enough. I just wish he would slow things down a bit and get his head up. And maybe let someone else take a corner, free kick, and penalty........I think if he had his own way he'd take the goal kicks too.

Rant over.

he missed a penalty :surrender:

I no lets all have a go at mcindoe, some fans eh

McIndoe is quality! he does beat his man and get good crosses in, you say you can't think of a time when he did? you should watch Saturdays match again. He is frustrating at times, i'd like to see him stay closer to the wing more often and he has given away possesion in dangerous places at times this season but your level of criticism is way over the top.

I thought he played well against Southampton. I thought everyone played well against Southampton actually.

I also think McIndoe is one of the better players that we have. To drop him would be insane, especially when we have no replacement. If Myrie-Williams were any good he'd be challenging for a place, not spending most of his time out on loan achieving very little in league one.

Guest Red Cell
What are you talking about Mcindoe is one of our best players technically and it is likely he has been asked by GJ to switch from the left side to the right at times to confuse the opposition, so thats why you might think his positional play isn't very good. Also whenever we got the ball the space that mcindoe gets in is incredible, it is just that most of the time the other players don't look up and see him in this space and if he does get the ball he will provide a perfect cross 9 times out of 10 it isn't mcindoe's fault that there is noone their to finish it off :disapointed2se:

I don't think Mcindoe is 'one of our best players technically', i'm not sure that he's even in the top 10 of the eleven who started on saturday!

Incredible space, perfect cross 9 times out of 10??? Are we talking about the same player? McIndoe, right? Spelt M, c, I, n, d, o, e... McIndoe

I beginning to think i know where there is some incredible space... :doh:

there are a few things i disagree with in what you say, he defo can create a bit of space to cross it and he is skillful. however i agree his form this season has been dire.

if there was competition on the left he would not be starting, that is a given.

i got really frustrated with him saturday, first half i thought he was useless, how hard is it to stay onside? after one or two offsides shouldnt you be thinking about holding your run a touch? and if i see him come into the middle when we need the option of pushing it wide i think i'll scream, its so annoying!!!

but, he is the best we have so until january at the earliest lets get behind the lad and hope he improves and stays bloody wide :)

Guest Red Cell

I think the important thing is to get it off your chest and not bring any moans, groans and grumbles to the games. I will, as always, be supporting the team and every player in it whether winning, losing or drawing come matchday. Bring on Forest and lets hope we can bring some of our away form back to the Gate. You reds!

i don't see any real slagging off... isnt it a fan's right to have an opinion on players, team selection and tactics? isnt it what we talk about with mates, down the pub etc?

as this is a place designed for city fans to discuss CITY surely its ok to have an opinion without being made out to be a villain? some of the things said in the post were defo not correct, but it is true mcindoe has been consistantly short of form this season... why then can people not say that?

or should we post something stupidly lovey dovey whatever the result/performance what have you, and the only reply or debate is to say "agree"

sounds quite boring to me :)

McIndoe is quality! he does beat his man and get good crosses in, you say you can't think of a time when he did? you should watch Saturdays match again. He is frustrating at times, i'd like to see him stay closer to the wing more often and he has given away possesion in dangerous places at times this season but your level of criticism is way over the top.

Finally...a sensible post. Although I'd replace the word "quality" with "very good". :innocent06:

People can say what they like.

And people can respond as they like - as I did.

What's your point ?

stop being so defensive :)

firstly it wasnt aimed at your reply in particular... although reading your reply, i get the impression you feel this thread is on a level with the "LJ debate" i don't think it is to be honest... it hasnt reached those ridiculous levels yet.

my point is, rather than accusing the poster of damaging team morale or whatever, why not put together an argument for mcindoe remaining in the team despite poor form? surely this adds to debate rather than creating a tense environment like this forum is becoming?

I'm not saying either opinion is right, and nor should you or anyone else as nobody knows what would happen

please don't be daft mate,do you watch the games i watch? do you see the tracking back he does some game he has 2 are more players closing him down you don't belive he cant create half a yard come on..Do you know what i hate about some fans thay forget where we where 18mths ago come one mate lets get behind the team not try and disect the whole team its easy to sit in the stands and think like your thinking,,if he could skin every player every week he would not be playing for bristol city..ive heard manchester untd players winging about renaldo. my opion last season macka basso marv ws our best player...

My thoughts entirely. Maybe we could draw up a list (which would include all first team squad members) and put a tick by their names as we slag them off in order. That way we could be sure and not miss anyone out.

Here's my pathetic attempt of remembering all the first team players that have been; opinionated about.

Nicky Maynard

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

Dele Adebola

Michael McIndoe

Adriano Basso (pre-season)

Jamie McAllister

Cole Skuse

B Wilson

i don't see any real slagging off... isnt it a fan's right to have an opinion on players, team selection and tactics? isnt it what we talk about with mates, down the pub etc?

as this is a place designed for city fans to discuss CITY surely its ok to have an opinion without being made out to be a villain? some of the things said in the post were defo not correct, but it is true mcindoe has been consistantly short of form this season... why then can people not say that?

or should we post something stupidly lovey dovey whatever the result/performance what have you, and the only reply or debate is to say "agree"

Suprising, I do infact, agree.

man of the match on saturday and possibly one of the best left winger in this division, probably the best left winger we have had for a VERY long time, I can't recall someone as good as him since.....well I can't actually remember, we've struggled for Left Wingers in recent seasons with some of the utter dross that has played in that position.

Personally speaking, he's one of the first names on the team sheet each week for me, if anything he's biggest problem is that he tries too hard.

man of the match on saturday and possibly one of the best left winger in this division, probably the best left winger we have had for a VERY long time, I can't recall someone as good as him since.....well I can't actually remember, we've struggled for Left Wingers in recent seasons with some of the utter dross that has played in that position.

Personally speaking, he's one of the first names on the team sheet each week for me, if anything he's biggest problem is that he tries too hard.

Yep, anyone remember the likes of Aaron Brown, Scott Brown or Marc Goodfellow on the left for us, just no comparison, is there?

Did MM shoot Red Cell's dog, or something?

you would think so......unfortunately going on GJ comments to the media, we aren't allowed to have views and should just put up with what decisions he makes, right or wrong and aren't allowed to judge or make comment until the end of the season.

Archived