IGNORED

No Mcindoe Please

Guest Red Cell

Yep, anyone remember the likes of Aaron Brown, Scott Brown or Marc Goodfellow on the left for us, just no comparison, is there?

Did MM shoot Red Cell's dog, or something?

and that's not even mentioning the likes of Phil Barber and the infamous Grant Smith.

For a month or so, Mcindoe has been accused of playing too narrow. GJ confirmed that his tactics required that formation. Many in the forum said it was cover for LJ.

Enter Noble in a 5 man midfield for his first start of the season. Suddenly LJ scores his first goal for a year and a quarter from a Noble assist. Then McIndoe who can finally play his natural wide roll is a MOM contender. Why ? Because he had a 5 man midfield which enabled him to play wide and play with our best footballer bossing the center of the pitch. Some of those midfield plays by Noble have not happened since last season, sadly lacking. Even 60-70 minutes of Noble is better than zero minutes of Noble, just cut him loose, he improves McIndoe who can actually play where he is supposed to. He improves LJ who is otherwise barely average. It improves an average team of fit tradesmen like pros who for most matches need a 5 man midfield to survive and gain the ascendancy. Well done GJ for finally getting it right, and a royal nose pull for taking so long. Consider though that GJ is still feeling his way at this level, was never a good player and will get things wrong. I am happy to see things turning around before the end of the second block of 10. GJ has a limited budget in a club operating at a two million pound loss. Considering that budget, our small squad is doing well against the big dogs of the Champioship.

I would move Webster back to north of the border and have James Wilson and Trundle in the final 16 squad.

No matter what people say he's still one of our top-scorers this season, always gives a 100% and I think he is good technically (good first touch, control and decent crossing abililty hence a high number of assists last season). Hasn't been at his best this year hence the criticism, and I would like to see more competition for that left-wing position. He is one of our more consistent performers so am a bit surprised he has come under fire a bit bearing in mind what he brings to the team.

Isn't it funny. McIndoe has arguably, no definately, his best game of the season, and all of a sudden this tosh appears?

I would have given him MoM on saturday just because he TRIED(and succeeded) to get past people, rather than lay it back to Wilson.

Penalty miss aside, he also (without thinking too hard), provided 2 cracking crosses that Williams put over the bar.

Post it after a number of games this season, and I MAY have agreed, but not after the SOTON game.

Isn't it funny. McIndoe has arguably, no definately, his best game of the season, and all of a sudden this tosh appears?

I would have given him MoM on saturday just because he TRIED(and succeeded) to get past people, rather than lay it back to Wilson.

Penalty miss aside, he also (without thinking too hard), provided 2 cracking crosses that Williams put over the bar.

Post it after a number of games this season, and I MAY have agreed, but not after the SOTON game.

Must agree - funny timing to pitch into MM .

Dele was my MoM - accepting that he didn't have John Terry and Rio up against him.

man of the match on saturday and possibly one of the best left winger in this division, probably the best left winger we have had for a VERY long time, I can't recall someone as good as him since.....well I can't actually remember, we've struggled for Left Wingers in recent seasons with some of the utter dross that has played in that position.

Brian Tinnion?

What are you talking about Mcindoe is one of our best players technically and it is likely he has been asked by GJ to switch from the left side to the right at times to confuse the opposition, so thats why you might think his positional play isn't very good. Also whenever we got the ball the space that mcindoe gets in is incredible, it is just that most of the time the other players don't look up and see him in this space and if he does get the ball he will provide a perfect cross 9 times out of 10 it isn't mcindoe's fault that there is noone their to finish it off :disapointed2se:

I have to disagree, Mcin DOE in my oppion is a very poor winger as is Ivan Sproule. Countless times over the past couple of seasons, I have watched him take the ball down the line, stop, pass the ball inside, and then wait for the ball to come back to him instead of running on down the line so he can run on to a pass behind the defenders.

Whether we played 4 or 5 in midfield i wouldn't give Mcindoe a starting place. His positional play is shocking, whether you say GJ has asked him to tuck in or not he seems to find his position by looking for his marker and then sits in his pocket. Midfielders should be making themselves available to the man in possesion there have been too many occasions when the defence or midfield has been looking for an outlet looked left and he's nowhere to be seen. I've never seen him beat his man for pace and he doesn't have anywhere near the skill level to beat him with skill, he seems incapable of even creating half a yard or even a balls width of room to get crosses in. He wastes about 99% of every dead ball situation he takes control of, how the hell he is anywhere near the ball when we have free kicks or corners is beyond me, especially when we have the likes of LJ, Trundle, Noble and Williams all much more capable and with at least one of these 4 on the pitch at any given time this season. So he took the Sky m-o-m award and yes i know he runs further than anyone else during the course of a game according to the pro-zone equipment they use but really he's not even close to the base levels of skill required to be a championship midfield player. Fitness and running play a part of course they do and i'm sure people will say you can't play trundle in the wide left role because he won't track back but wouldn't it be wonderful to see how we did with a 5 man midfield that had williams, LJ, Marv, Nobes and Trundle or a 4 man without LJ. Then you'd see us pass our way through teams every week.

Simple question. Have you got Mcindoe and Sproule mixed up?

Guest Red Cell
Simple question. Have you got Mcindoe and Sproule mixed up?

Spouty hasn't featured enough this season for him to annoy me anywhere near as much MM. The timing of my comments following Mcindoe's unbelievable selection as m-o-m was on purpose to get as many reactions/opinions as possible. So he did a few things right in that game, he also did a lot wrong. The only time he tracks back is when he loses the ball himself, which is why he does it so often, if he doesn't lose the ball he doesn't give a toss about tracking back. The bloke has the first touch of a rapist, is one footed at best, isn't game-intelligent and never has his head up whether on the ball or off it (mainly because he is always trying to look at himself running), he wears ridiculous ###### boots and is a sh*t, sh*t footballer who doesn't give 2 sh*ts about Bristol City. ###### him off i say.

Got to go, need to breathe ;)

Brian Tinnion?

Tinnion is a decent shout, however worth remembering that he hadn't played Left Wing since Wilson took over and moved him into the middle.

McIndoe is a proven Left Winger at this level, whereas for me as a Left Winger at this level, Tinnion was a bit hit and miss, had good and poor seasons and too be honest, I do feel he was a bit over-rated until his move into Central, where he then proved himself to be one of the best we have had.

SOLELY looking as Left Winger, McInoe for me is a much better player, though Tinnion once moved into the middle, had the best form of his career.

Tinnion was possibly a better player, but McIndoe is a better winger if you see what I'm saying?

problem is, both of them played their best at different levels of the football league and actually in different positions, so for me they can't really be compared.

Both VERY good players, but still feel McIdnoe is the best left wing, since.....I can't remember?

Spouty hasn't featured enough this season for him to annoy me anywhere near as much MM. The timing of my comments following Mcindoe's unbelievable selection as m-o-m was on purpose to get as many reactions/opinions as possible. So he did a few things right in that game, he also did a lot wrong. The only time he tracks back is when he loses the ball himself, which is why he does it so often, if he doesn't lose the ball he doesn't give a toss about tracking back. The bloke has the first touch of a rapist, is one footed at best, isn't game-intelligent and never has his head up whether on the ball or off it (mainly because he is always trying to look at himself running), he wears ridiculous ###### boots and is a sh*t, sh*t footballer who doesn't give 2 sh*ts about Bristol City. ###### him off i say.

Got to go, need to breathe ;)

I find your comments a little harsh on McIndoe. Granted he hasn't had the best season so far but I thought his game against Southampton was one of his best this season. If you watch the highlights from the game you will see that on a number of occasions he put in fantastic crosses which nearly every time resulted in a goal.

By no means would I say he is the complete footballer, but is a good left sided midfielder in the Championship and one I feel comfortable with in the side. He adds balance to the team and works hard for the cause. He has his fair share of bad games but then again so does every other team member.

I disagree that he doesn't give a toss because from his past comments, whether rightly or wrongly, proves that he cares how the team is performing.

Guest Red Cell
McIdnoe is the best left wing, since.....I can't remember?

We haven't had that many in that category but...

...he's possibly not a left winger and it was a one-off cameo but nonetheless think back about 8 weeks to when trundle gave a master class in left wing play, tormenting and turning Plymouth's right hand side of defence inside out for the whole of the second half. we couldn't get the ball to him quick enough.

Also other posters have mentioned tinnion and dave smith, both far superior to mcindoe. so i find myself genuinely trying to think of a left winger we've had in the last 30 odd years that is worse than MM. aaron brown maybe, but only maybe.

(this is beginning to take over my life!) i need to start mentally preparing for cheering all the boys on (MM included) on saturday. important game, away wins are great and set up back to back wins and before you know it we're on a run and then its spring time and we're on the pitch, in the prem and i've got MM on my shoulders! :winner_third_h4h:

We haven't had that many in that category but...

...he's possibly not a left winger and it was a one-off cameo but nonetheless think back about 8 weeks to when trundle gave a master class in left wing play, tormenting and turning Plymouth's right hand side of defence inside out for the whole of the second half. we couldn't get the ball to him quick enough.

Also other posters have mentioned tinnion and dave smith, both far superior to mcindoe. so i find myself genuinely trying to think of a left winger we've had in the last 30 odd years that is worse than MM. aaron brown maybe, but only maybe.

(this is beginning to take over my life!) i need to start mentally preparing for cheering all the boys on (MM included) on saturday. important game, away wins are great and set up back to back wins and before you know it we're on a run and then its spring time and we're on the pitch, in the prem and i've got MM on my shoulders! :winner_third_h4h:

your insane.

Tinnion I've already mentioned, wasn't anywhere near as good a winger as McIndoe, as he never established himslef as a championship player.

as for Wingers worse than McIndoe, the fact you can only point to Aaron Brown, probably shows what a short time you have been a City fans, numerous others have mentioned some of the terrible wingers we have had in the last 20odd years.

Aaron Brown, Phil Barber, Neil Heaney, Grant Smith, Rodney McAree, Marc Goodfellow, Jason Fowler, Mike Wyatt, just some of the crap that has graced the left wing in the last 10-15 years.

Personally, as I've said earlier, apart from possibly Dave Smith, I can't think of a better left winger we have had.

Aaron Brown was quite good when he wanted to be - watch Tony Thorpe's goal against Rovers in 00/01 season for an example.

He was terribly inconsistent though and not a patch on McIndoe overall.

I can't understand how anyone could slate McIndoe really. He's one of the best footballers we have, always fit and available, very consistent and doesn't even seem to pick up many suspensions considering his somewhat spiky temperment.

Oh and I'm not sure if he was mentioned but if not you can add Joe Keith to the list of terrible left wingers. And of course Craig Woodman.

Aaron Brown was quite good when he wanted to be - watch Tony Thorpe's goal against Rovers in 00/01 season for an example.

He was terribly inconsistent though and not a patch on McIndoe overall.

I can't understand how anyone could slate McIndoe really. He's one of the best footballers we have, always fit and available, very consistent and doesn't even seem to pick up many suspensions considering his somewhat spiky temperment.

Oh and I'm not sure if he was mentioned but if not you can add Joe Keith to the list of terrible left wingers. And of course Craig Woodman.

you have to remember 3 things though about it though,

a) it was league 1 football

b) it was against Rovers

c) how many times had he done that before and since? Aaron Brown isn't fit to clean McIndoe's boots, 28 and in his prime.....playing for Lincoln City.

b) it was against Rovers

c) how many times had he done that before and since? Aaron Brown isn't fit to clean McIndoe's boots, 28 and in his prime.....playing for Lincoln City.

To be accurate, more often than not an unused sub for Lincoln City!

b) it was against Rovers

Yup. Hence my second paragraph: "...not a patch on McIndoe overall". Aaron Brown had the talent though and could have been excellent.

Give me the choice and it's McIndoe every single time, but Brown wasn't totally lacking in quality and there have been many, many worse footballers for City over the years.

Guest Red Cell
your insane.

Tinnion I've already mentioned, wasn't anywhere near as good a winger as McIndoe, as he never established himslef as a championship player.

as for Wingers worse than McIndoe, the fact you can only point to Aaron Brown, probably shows what a short time you have been a City fans, numerous others have mentioned some of the terrible wingers we have had in the last 20odd years.

Aaron Brown, Phil Barber, Neil Heaney, Grant Smith, Rodney McAree, Marc Goodfellow, Jason Fowler, Mike Wyatt, just some of the crap that has graced the left wing in the last 10-15 years.

Personally, as I've said earlier, apart from possibly Dave Smith, I can't think of a better left winger we have had.

I was talking about City left wingers not players who came in wore the 11 shirt for a couple of weeks and then got ###### off.

For your information i first went to a city game 36 years ago and have been a season ticket holder for 12 years, if that's a 'short time' i'm sorry. I've wasted your time, you're obviously a far superior fan than me and you're right in everything you say. :liar:

Archived