IGNORED

One For The Bristol City

Abraham Romanovich

I know in the great scheme of things whatever music is played when the mighty Red Army take

the field is unlikely to influence the match, so please don't take this too seriously

However am I alone in thinking this particular ditty now sounds a tad tired and past it's sell by date.

Anyone got any good ideas for music to run out to or songs we should avoid like the plague.

I know in the great scheme of things whatever music is played when the mighty Red Army take

the field is unlikely to influence the match, so please don't take this too seriously

However am I alone in thinking this particular ditty now sounds a tad tired and past it's sell by date.

Anyone got any good ideas for music to run out to or songs we should avoid like the plague.

theme from 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' is quite catchy.. ;)

How about Bristol City remain a traditional style club where One for the Bristol City gets played as the teams come out, drink up thy cider rings out after a win, Stick with no music after goals just the sound of celebrating fans then after a respectful period of time the goalscorers name is read out, half time scores starting with the championship are broadcast over the tannoy and any team scoring against Rovers is announced to the fans during the game?

I noticed how wolves when they scored blared out the original tune of the song fans sing about the goalscorer

for example if Elliot scores then we get a 10 second burst of "give it up" so we can join in with Marvs song

Though god knows what we would play and sing if LJ nets at home?

As for no music betwen team sheet & kickoff so atmos can build...your having a larf - most are still in the pubs or Dolmoan bar

I would still love to hear Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I think the place would be rocking if they played the start with the "air attack warning" to signal the players are in the tunnel.

Bit aggressive in terms of song title, but, this is a contact sport; bit of intimidation for the away team wouldn't go amiss.

I must be getting a bit old and sad as cause i have it as the ring tone on my mobile !!!

it's a legendary City song, however it was probably last recorded onto vinyl, be nice if they could re-record it to modern standards as it just sounds naff over the loudspeaks at the ground, that's not saying it's not on my iphone,because it is

I would still love to hear Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I think the place would be rocking if they played the start with the "air attack warning" to signal the players are in the tunnel.

Bit aggressive in terms of song title, but, this is a contact sport; bit of intimidation for the away team wouldn't go amiss.

The air attack warning is not something to be belittled and played at football matches. A lot of the older generation STILL hate that sound. Can you imagine what it was like when that sound actually whirled through the streets and people thought they were going to die?.

Massive Attack's unfinished sympathy MUST be played, Bristol band, and leader of the band a S/T holder.

May I suggest that "Send in the Clowns" would be a good one to avoid.

Also perhaps the powers that be could send out coded messages prior to kick off

I'm thinking that Chas n Dave's classic "Ain't no pleasing you"might be appropriate at the moment.

What he said ^^. What's the point in playing a tune that has nothing to do with the club?

Damn replied to wrong post

How about Bristol City remain a traditional style club where One for the Bristol City gets played as the teams come out, drink up thy cider rings out after a win, Stick with no music after goals just the sound of celebrating fans then after a respectful period of time the goalscorers name is read out, half time scores starting with the championship are broadcast over the tannoy and any team scoring against Rovers is announced to the fans during the game?

This is the post that I agree with :laugh:

This is pretty much how it is at the moment.... however, scores of other matches (Rovers or otherwise) are only read out at half time or full time. During the game there shouldnt be any distractions from the game in hand.

I think its pretty spot on how it is at the moment, although any feedback regarding anything more that fans would like, or less of what the fans like is always useful!

The current version of "One for the Bristol City" that is played when the players run out is actually an updated version, not the original (although it is still the Wurzels, its just a version they recorded in our first Championship season)

Here here.

however, scores of other matches (Rovers or otherwise) are only read out at half time or full time. During the game there shouldnt be any distractions from the game in hand.

Knowing Rovers were getting thrashed during a game gave fans a boost in the past and was not a distraction and often resulted in fans becoming noisier.

I agree it is tired. In a moment of brilliance however I have thought of the perfect pre match song

at the starting day of last season right before the game 'invincible' by muse was played. As I was walking up the steps to my seat

this song sent many many shivers down my spine.

I Think....

Before it's too late....

& for the following reasons :-

...the bulldozers are poised shortly to erase Ashton Gate as we know it off the face of the Earth.

...The Wurzels aint getting any younger.

...Massive Attack have strong BCFC links, street cred & modern musical abilities...

...The East End is so iconic & special for so many City Fans (old & young)...

...We're going to miss it all like hell when its gone...

That the time is right, right now, to try to encompass these things by way of a collaboration that takes us nostalgically forwards to a bright future and pastures new whilst allowing us to take with us some of our dearly beloved emotions & memories from Ashton Gate - THE City Ground .

that why for the sake of the past,present & future:-

We need if possible to get THE WURZELS (& City songs) and MASSIVE ATTACK together to rework some of the old City classics, freshen em' up & with backing provided by a Red & White Army from a backdrop of a packed EAST END STAND between us we can create a fantastic Bristol City legacy on CD & DVD.

We'll all still have our individual memories of course, but how great would it be to help create a piece of history to take with us as the dust settles among the rubble of the past and we finally say goodbye to Ashton Gate forever then join Steve Lansdowns Red & White Army as we march on to a new home & into the future...

One way or another soon it'll be too late for it to ever happen.

thats why:-

I think it, or something similar, is a CD & DVD that NEEDS TO BE MADE and sooner rather than later... don't you? :fingerscrossed:

it's a legendary City song, however it was probably last recorded onto vinyl, be nice if they could re-record it to modern standards as it just sounds naff over the loudspeaks at the ground, that's not saying it's not on my iphone,because it is

The last time this was recorded was fairly recently when we got promoted to the championship and was available to download from i tunes, still is. I don't know if the version they play at the gate is the latest but the most recent one was adpated from the origianl for gary j.

I'm for keeping it.

yes easy, one for the bristol city

when you think the wurzels are a tad tired and past their sell by date it's time for you to go back to whorefield

that why for the sake of the past,present & future:-

We need if possible to get THE WURZELS (& City songs) and MASSIVE ATTACK together to rework some of the old City classics, freshen em' up & with backing provided by a Red & White Army from a backdrop of a packed EAST END STAND between us we can create a fantastic Bristol City legacy on CD & DVD.

We'll all still have our individual memories of course, but how great would it be to help create a piece of history to take with us as the dust settles among the rubble of the past and we finally say goodbye to Ashton Gate forever then join Steve Lansdowns Red & White Army as we march on to a new home & into the future...

One way or another soon it'll be too late for it to ever happen.

thats why:-

I think it, or something similar, is a CD & DVD that NEEDS TO BE MADE and sooner rather than later... don't you? :fingerscrossed:

Quite possible if asked..

Q: Is there any chance you could record a version of ''Yellow Submarine'' but sing Johnson said "bounce around the ground" [ the tune is very popular!!] or a remix of "Drink up Thy Cider" with the famous "Goin down the Rovers" line ? Maybe proceeds going to charity. How about a remake of "I am A Cider Drinker" with the lads in the East End singing the chorus?

Tommy Banner: Maybe proceeds going to charity. How about a remake of "I am A Cider Drinker" with the lads in the East End singing the chorus? What do they say: Never say never.

Pete Budd : Never thought about it.

full wurzels interview

http://www.bcfc3lions.co.uk/page133.html

The last time this was recorded was fairly recently when we got promoted to the championship and was available to download from i tunes, still is. I don't know if the version they play at the gate is the latest but the most recent one was adpated from the origianl for gary j.

I'm for keeping it.

Here, here.

For this exile, at least,"One for the Bristol City" is part of the club's very soul. Someone will be suggesting next that the red and white strip be abandoned !

Archived