IGNORED

Steve Mcclaren

kingswood red

You're absolutely right but you have just killed this thread, I was looking for some humour. :death:

Gary Shelton.... He wasssh, how you shay....a legend. He would poshibly get into my all shtar Shity Shquad ash he wash shuch a good player.

Of courshe, you cannot reallyyyyyy....uh... talk about Shteve McLaren without at leasht attempting to do it in a....uh... shilly Dutch ackshent!

What a wally!!!

But Shelts was brilliant, though!

Gary Shelton.... He wasssh, how you shay....a legend. He would poshibly get into my all shtar Shity Shquad ash he wash shuch a good player.

Of courshe, you cannot reallyyyyyy....uh... talk about Shteve McLaren without at leasht attempting to do it in a....uh... shilly Dutch ackshent!

What a wally!!!

Must admit, a bit like David Rennie of that era, I though McLaren was actually a fairly decent player, who both didn't receive the recognition they deserved at AG.

Admittedly we got a better, albeit different, player in Shelton.

And yes he IS a wally(but not whilst he had his red city shirt on).

McClaren was actually pretty poor for us, rather lightweight and considering his pedigree and transfer fee (£70k was big money for us back then) a disappointment all round.

Swapping him to Oxford for Gary Shelton (the best City midfielder post 1980, in my humble opinion) was an absolute steal by Joe Jordan.

McClaren was actually pretty poor for us, rather lightweight and considering his pedigree and transfer fee (£70k was big money for us back then) a disappointment all round.

Swapping him to Oxford for Gary Shelton (the best City midfielder post 1980, in my humble opinion) was an absolute steal by Joe Jordan.

McClaren was forever laying face down on the turf! He was so lightweight he got brushed over at the slightest contact.

I remember at the end of season, going on the pitch and laying face down to see what the attraction was!! (bit drunk that day)

He could put good passes in, but scored very little and Gary Shelton was simply magnificent for us, so McClarens memory soon faded.

now Gary Shelton, what a midfielder! - tackled, passed the ball, and scored loads - hoe u eenvoudig briljant zegt!

What a wally!!!

Wasn't till i got to the Dutch bit that I realised what the joke was. There was me thinking, what's Sean Connery got to do with Steve McLaren?

Wasn't till i got to the Dutch bit that I realised what the joke was. There was me thinking, what's Sean Connery got to do with Steve McLaren?

I was thinking just the same.

Sean Connery phoned one of his friends asking if they could meet up.

"When are you free", asked Connery. "

"What about tomorrow. Tenish?" suggested his friend.

"Tomorrow's fine with me " replied Connery, "but do you want to play singles or doubles?"

Archived