IGNORED

Do We All Support The Same Club?

Portland Bill

Because looking at some of the stuff on this forum really makes me wonder if we do :dunno:

Which fans in which stand are the better supporters blah blah ,what the FXXX is all that about. were all in the same ground, aint that good enough :dunno:

The manager is against us all (why ?because he speaks his mind :yes: ?)blah blah :dunno:

His son isnt good enough blah blah (even though hes been a major reason why we have done so well in the last 2 years)

We arent able to string 150 passes together and play like Brazil, all we do is lump it up front blah blah

Its just continous arguing between yourselfs and doom and gloom because were not 20 points clear at the top of the league :dunno: .

Five years ago this forum was a fun place to come onto, look where we were in the Football League then :dunno: , We are mid table in the best league in this country (the prem doesnt count cos its a farce) now and all we get is rows between ourselves.

Why are we all not pleased with how things are going, were not Chelsea etc, we don't have a divine right to win.

We play against another team each week, some people tend to forget that the other team are ACTUALLY out there to STOP US PLAYING HOW THE MANAGER WOULD LIKE US TO.

Reading and the likes have better quality teams than us at the moment , accept it and get back to supporting your team and manager.

Firstly 99% of us are City fans, but many threads now seem to turn into personal abuse and name calling "games". We are all entitled to our own opinions of whatever, but surely it can be disgused with respect to each other as we are all in the same boat here.

Firstly 99% of us are City fans, but many threads now seem to turn into personal abuse and name calling "games". We are all entitled to our own opinions of whatever, but surely it can be disgused with respect to each other as we are all in the same boat here.

that seems to be the problem, I'm sure it wasn't always like this, but unfortunately I think in many of the situations it is just kids who aren't 100% sure of even their own views, some people are however just as daft as a brush.

that seems to be the problem, I'm sure it wasn't always like this, but unfortunately I think in many of the situations it is just kids who aren't 100% sure of even their own views, some people are however just as daft as a brush.

don't start on me mind :laugh:

Is a strange state of affairs where in a single thread you can be insulted, have your post removed for replying, have the initial post left untouched, and be called a **** by a moderator before the entire thread is locked.

We clearly aren't all in the same boat.

:noexpression:

Is a strange state of affairs where in a single thread you can be insulted, have your post removed for replying, have the initial post left untouched, and be called a **** by a moderator before the entire thread is locked.

We clearly aren't all in the same boat.

:noexpression:

I called myself a c..t as the one who ended the thread... ie some c..t will have to end it....ME

Why are fans constantly trying to wind each other up sor the sake of it? :badmood:

I can see where this thread is going as well, petty arguments..........

I called myself a c..t as the one who ended the thread... ie some c..t will have to end it....ME

Why are fans costantly trying to wind each other up sor the sake of it? :badmood:

I can see where this thread is going as well, petty arguments..........

My bad then.

But yeh good question. Why do they?

Imo some threads lately are farcical always slagging someone or something off. People have to remember how far we have come in such a short space of time. Yes we have expectation now which is a good thing but we cannot expect to win every week, we never have never will. Just get behind the players gj picks and support them with your all through the good times and the bad!

Imo some threads lately are farcical always slagging someone or something off. People have to remember how far we have come in such a short space of time. Yes we have expectation now which is a good thing but we cannot expect to win every week, we never have never will. Just get behind the players gj picks and support them with your all through the good times and the bad!

Halle-bloomin-luyah!

Yes - apart from wind up merchants from other clubs - all of us support the only Team - we just have different ways of showing it and different things upset us - the problem with any forum is that many contributors simply refuse to accept that someone can have a different opinion on a given subject, payer, tactic. The mere whiff of a criticism is seen as a crime punishable by death - and if someone expresses an opinion such as a player off form 2 seconds later someone is on here having a go

We don't even need a thread like this (oops am I having a go now!!) because it will only provoke some?

We all support City

The forum is like a gold mine - an awful lot of crap and the occasional Gold Nugget that makes it worthwhile :icecream:

Yes everyone is allowed they're opinion but don't you think that the players read this or get told about it, and this can only be detrimental to the cause because some of the things ive read have been outright slander!

But if you close the forum because of that, you might aswell gag all the fans on matchdays.

Criticism will be around forever, I expect the players are above it in the main.

Doesn't help when you have a user who is supposed to be connected within the club coming on stirring it up.

Does my head in that he can hijack a thread ,drag three users in to a manafactured argument who had no involvement originally, start to insult them and use this forum as his own personal toy to ridicule specific supporters and nothings none?

I also noticed none if his posts were deleted! I guess it proves it's not what you know but who!

Because looking at some of the stuff on this forum really makes me wonder if we do :dunno:

Which fans in which stand are the better supporters blah blah ,what the FXXX is all that about. were all in the same ground, aint that good enough :dunno:

The manager is against us all (why ?because he speaks his mind :yes: ?)blah blah :dunno:

His son isnt good enough blah blah (even though hes been a major reason why we have done so well in the last 2 years)

We arent able to string 150 passes together and play like Brazil, all we do is lump it up front blah blah

Its just continous arguing between yourselfs and doom and gloom because were not 20 points clear at the top of the league :dunno: .

Five years ago this forum was a fun place to come onto, look where we were in the Football League then :dunno: , We are mid table in the best league in this country (the prem doesnt count cos its a farce) now and all we get is rows between ourselves.

Why are we all not pleased with how things are going, were not Chelsea etc, we don't have a divine right to win.

We play against another team each week, some people tend to forget that the other team are ACTUALLY out there to STOP US PLAYING HOW THE MANAGER WOULD LIKE US TO.

Reading and the likes have better quality teams than us at the moment , accept it and get back to supporting your team and manager.

Like many I'm very passionate about Bristol City and have strong views about them.

I don't think people read this forum to pick a fight, maybe a small minority do on spelling etc, but its easy to goad and abuse someone behind a keyboard than it would be face to face.

Anyway, back to passion. I think its easy to get over passionate about things and its even easier then to get abusive on here when you don't have to see someones reaction.

At the end of the day, we all support Bristol City, and if anything ever happened I know we would all pull together in the long run. We have don't it in the past.

The only thing that annoys me, and I've done it, is the people that always think they are right *cought* Robbored *cough*.

Everyones got an opinion on GJ, LJ, the East End, The Dolmon etc etc, and lets face it, we all love it really....

Like many I'm very passionate about Bristol City and have strong views about them.

I don't think people read this forum to pick a fight, maybe a small minority do on spelling etc, but its easy to goad and abuse someone behind a keyboard than it would be face to face.

Anyway, back to passion. I think its easy to get over passionate about things and its even easier then to get abusive on here when you don't have to see someones reaction.

At the end of the day, we all support Bristol City, and if anything ever happened I know we would all pull together in the long run. We have don't it in the past.

The only thing that annoys me, and I've done it, is the people that always think they are right *cought* Robbored *cough*.

Everyones got an opinion on GJ, LJ, the East End, The Dolmon etc etc, and lets face it, we all love it really....

cought, spelt cough

:innocent06:

Doesn't help when you have a user who is supposed to be connected within the club coming on stirring it up.

Does my head in that he can hijack a thread ,drag three users in to a manafactured argument who had no involvement originally, start to insult them and use this forum as his own personal toy to ridicule specific supporters and nothings none?

I also noticed none if his posts were deleted! I guess it proves it's not what you know but who!

Perhaps he is as frustrated by the criticism as some are by the team and the manager? And of course he is only expressing an opinion, which is what we are all entitled to do.

We are all City fans, but it just comes down to mentality and that will lead to differing opinions.

You are absoultutley right, as Voltaire once said "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". In a week when many have commented about the dignity in which a certian squad member has behaved it is a sad reflection when others who champion that individual cannot behave in a similar fashion.

Especially when many don't hesitate to critise Webster for instance. In GJ we trust...when it suites????

I don't know who he/she is so that don't count with me but it is sometimes more easy to just close

or delete a thread than read through a table tennis match of insults going back and forth and yes

that can be unfair to the majority who are posting fairly.

I don't know who he/she is so that don't count with me but it is sometimes more easy to just close

or delete a thread than read through a table tennis match of insults going back and forth and yes

that can be unfair to the majority who are posting fairly.

The insults seemed very one way to me. I was not even involved in that thread but was dragged in to it to suit his own agenda!

Can't you see that?

You are absoultutley right, as Voltaire once said "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". In a week when many have commented about the dignity in which a certian squad member has behaved it is a sad reflection when others who champion that individual cannot behave in a similar fashion.

Especially when many don't hesitate to critise Webster for instance. In GJ we trust...when it suites????

I'm completely lost now which squad member are we talking about?

The insults seemed very one way to me. I was not even involved in that thread but was dragged in to it to suit his own agenda!

Can't you see that?

one way?

A few idiots trying to create a problem on a forum ain't going to change that.

maybe yessir thought the above post was directed at him?

It's fine to make a constructive point, but when you reinforce it with caps and deliver your message in a similar manner to the Daily Mail, with it's, 'sit still and bloody well listen while I tell you what's best for you editorial,' then forget it.

It's not a forum you need, it's a fan club.

In my opinion 99.9% of this forum's members are solidly behind the team where it counts - on matchday. Therefore, we need this forum to discuss the aftermath and question, that's right question the club which we fund with our hard earned cash.

The club is it's fans. Players and managers come and go, but fans are forever.

Did Voltaire also say "there is a minority of always negative, moaning, hypocritical sods on here, who think they know better than everyone else and whinge like buggery when someone else has a go at them" ?

Or was that someone else ?

It's a bloody forum for crying out loud! Just because some one come's on here saying what they're thinking it dosen't necessarily mean they don't get behind the lads 100% when at a match.

The two are not mutually exclusive you know!

Jez, supporting City seems to becoming some kind of cult where complete control of your mind and opinion is necessary to qualify as a supporter.

Can't you see that?

yes hense the thread was closed for that and many reasons,

your not alone in getting dragged in to stuff to suite agenda's

if action is taken the ALL mods and admin have to agree

but it does get delayed due to team not always being on line at the same time.

I'm completely lost now which squad member are we talking about?

Lee Johnson, many posts about how he came accross in his post match interview dispite recent critism. But some instead of acting in a similar fashion find it easy to abuse people of this forum and if those individuals are employed by or related to an employee of the club they need to take a long hard look at themselves, becuase this Forum is a discussion tool about a Professional Football Club not a self appreciation society.

Many people from the club have criticised people hiding behind false names on this forum over the years well being a keyboard warrior works two ways you know!

It's fine to make a constructive point, but when you reinforce it with caps and deliver your message in a similar manner to the Daily Mail, with it's, 'sit still and bloody well listen while I tell you what's best for you editorial,' then forget it.

It's not a forum you need, it's a fan club.

In my opinion 99.9% of this forum's members are solidly behind the team where it counts - on matchday. Therefore, we need this forum to discuss the aftermath and question, that's right question the club which we fund with our hard earned cash.

The club is it's fans. Players and managers come and go, but fans are forever.

Absolutely correct but what we don't need is witchunting of certain players mentioning no names

Archived