IGNORED

Do We All Support The Same Club?

Portland Bill

yes hense the thread was closed for that and many reasons,

your not alone in getting dragged in to stuff to suite agenda's

if action is taken the ALL mods and admin have to agree

but it does get delayed due to team not always being on line at the same time.

Fair enough.

(Nice photo for your sig mate)

It's fine to make a constructive point, but when you reinforce it with caps and deliver your message in a similar manner to the Daily Mail, with it's, 'sit still and bloody well listen while I tell you what's best for you editorial,' then forget it.

It's not a forum you need, it's a fan club.

In my opinion 99.9% of this forum's members are solidly behind the team where it counts - on matchday. Therefore, we need this forum to discuss the aftermath and question, that's right question the club which we fund with our hard earned cash.

The club is it's fans. Players and managers come and go, but fans are forever.

Good post and the underlined sentance sums it up brilliantly for me.

Id love it if we could all meet up in a pub and have a few beers would be a great laugh having these disscusions in person, might need a few bouncers mind!

That would be a sight!

Bouncers, ha, riot police more like! :D

One thing I've always wandered though, are any of you on here any of the chaps I sit near on matchday?

:noexpression:

It's a bloody forum for crying out loud! Just because some one come's on here saying what they're thinking it dosen't necessarily mean they don't get behind the lads 100% when at a match.

The two are not mutually exclusive you know!

Jez, supporting City seems to becoming some kind of cult where complete control of your mind and opinion is necessary to qualify as a supporter.

Yes its a forum for crying out loud, but its a politically correct forum, so saying what you really think becomes very hard!

I LOVE LEE JOHNSON, please don't edit that bit!!!!!

No! most definately not. Would you like to explain the difference?

Look up the word 'forum' in the dictionary before you say any more.

its a different type of fan club - a club where you discuss BCFC

we're all Bristol City fans arent we??? very close to a fan club anyway.

But seend, you never answered my earlier question.

I'll ask you again seeing as I've got your attention....

Are you behind Gary Johnson as manager?? and do you trust him 100%??

I'm very interested to know

Why the hell not??? :disapointed2se:

Because I don't know the man!? Do you trust complete strangers!

Don't get hysterical it's just my opinion.

Gosh - that's a toughie - can I have a clue?

Why don't you just for once write a sensible reply!

I know it's out of your comfort zone but be brave and give it a go rather than the usual sarky comments you post.

Turning into another slagging match again.

The forum needs to be shut down for a week or 2 :sign09:

One thing I can never understand is why people read this forum and post if it winds them up so much.. I read most threads but don't bother posting replys to cr4p if I know it will be pointless.

Maybe we have too many keyboard warriors on here who have not got anything better to do with their time except trying to wind up people they have never met before...

I know one thing though, I will be cheering on the 11 players GJ picks this saturday from my usual spot in the EE (somehere near CH).

One thing I can never understand is why people read this forum and post if it winds them up so much.. I read most threads but don't bother posting replys to cr4p if I know it will be pointless.

Maybe we have too many keyboard warriors on here who have not got anything better to do with their time except trying to wind up people they have never met before...

I know one thing though, I will be cheering on the 11 players GJ picks this saturday from my usual spot in the EE (somehere near CH).

Wish I could be with you Simon... you are missed up here in sunny Lincoln...

Because I don't know the man!? Do you trust complete strangers!

Don't get hysterical it's just my opinion.

Trust him with our FOOTBALL CLUB - not with our lives - with regard to football matters he's not a complete stranger.

Other clubs envy us because we have a very good manager - yet some of our own fans who don't trust him?!!

Of course its your opinion, which is fair enough - but I just find that incredible!

from a newer supporter I would'nt be surprised, but from a supporter that has been supporting for years and years?? can you remember league one? going to place like chesterfield and struggling?

Its my opinion that Gary Johnson has earned our trust

Id love it if we could all meet up in a pub and have a few beers would be a great laugh having these disscusions in person, might need a few bouncers mind!

It's happened before Danny, several close season forum meet ups were arranged on here a few years ago, meeting at Ashton Park and moving on to the The Wedlocks and The Robins - one time Steve Lansdown himself even came along and joined in the pre-pub game of football. :yes:

Funnily enough, although there were a few injuries and it always seemed to fall on the hottest day of the year, people seemed to get on quite well and it was certainly interesting to put faces to a few names on her.

From what I remember NTTDS, Maesknoll Red, TomF, Godzilla, AndyG ( is he still on here? ) and the then not so Enormous Turnip were amongst current posters to attend.

In my opinion 99.9% of this forum's members are solidly behind the team where it counts - on matchday. Therefore, we need this forum to discuss the aftermath and question, that's right question the club which we fund with our hard earned cash.

The club is it's fans. Players and managers come and go, but fans are forever.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT,

Unfortunately many believe that if you moan, complain or are willing to have a pop at player/club or manager on here, then your automatically classed as one those people who sit behind Gary on a saturday whining, shouting and complaining and giving him personally abuse on a matchday.

as said, with majority, that's not the case.

It does bother me though, that Gary has made so many comments in his time at City about this forum, too be quite honest, why does he care really???

Comments on here and other forums are no different than the fans that have been talking about games up and down the country in pubs and on Radio Phone-Ins over the last 50 years, it's just part of football.

Doesn't help when you have a user who is supposed to be connected within the club coming on stirring it up.

Does my head in that he can hijack a thread ,drag three users in to a manafactured argument who had no involvement originally, start to insult them and use this forum as his own personal toy to ridicule specific supporters and nothings none?

I also noticed none if his posts were deleted! I guess it proves it's not what you know but who!

To be honest I found the post a bit off and didn't really see where it had come from? not sure how he connected me, Send and Dez? but hey ho, I'm just glad I got in my rant back before it got locked, to be honest though, I've never been bothered by what any forum user says about me in the past and i'm not going to start now.

On a side note, how Yessir knew I'm trying to kick the missus out, and was looking for 2 housemates for my 2 spare rooms, I'll never know. He's certainly well connected?

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT,

Unfortunately many believe that if you moan, complain or are willing to have a pop at player/club or manager on here, then your automatically classed as one those people who sit behind Gary on a saturday whining, shouting and complaining and giving him personally abuse on a matchday.

as said, with majority, that's not the case.

It does bother me though, that Gary has made so many comments in his time at City about this forum, too be quite honest, why does he care really???

Comments on here and other forums are no different than the fans that have been talking about games up and down the country in pubs and on Radio Phone-Ins over the last 50 years, it's just part of football.

It's about balance really, I have nothing against people who want a good moan (we all do it from time to time)....as long as it's constructive criticism and not abuse.

But these same posters seldom post anthing with any positive comments!

When you've been on this forum long enough you get to know who they are....and it's just all doom and gloom! And if you dare to challenge them...then your a happy clappy etc

As a club we are doing ok at the moment.........we are decent club.....things have been a lot worse in the past.

Yet, the same people...negativity.....relentless!

It makes you think....why? Is it personal? Are they like it in they're everyday life?

I know we are all different and that...but....it does make you think!

:noexpression:

Because looking at some of the stuff on this forum really makes me wonder if we do :dunno:

Which fans in which stand are the better supporters blah blah ,what the FXXX is all that about. were all in the same ground, aint that good enough :dunno:

The manager is against us all (why ?because he speaks his mind :yes: ?)blah blah :dunno:

His son isnt good enough blah blah (even though hes been a major reason why we have done so well in the last 2 years)

We arent able to string 150 passes together and play like Brazil, all we do is lump it up front blah blah

Its just continous arguing between yourselfs and doom and gloom because were not 20 points clear at the top of the league :dunno: .

Five years ago this forum was a fun place to come onto, look where we were in the Football League then :dunno: , We are mid table in the best league in this country (the prem doesnt count cos its a farce) now and all we get is rows between ourselves.

Why are we all not pleased with how things are going, were not Chelsea etc, we don't have a divine right to win.

We play against another team each week, some people tend to forget that the other team are ACTUALLY out there to STOP US PLAYING HOW THE MANAGER WOULD LIKE US TO.

Reading and the likes have better quality teams than us at the moment , accept it and get back to supporting your team and manager.

I think posts like these, whilst a well intentioned call for unity, in actual fact simply aggravates differences that currently exist amongst fans over certain issues associated with the club.

No offence intended Bill.

I think posts like these, whilst a well intentioned call for unity, in actual fact simply aggravates differences that currently exist amongst fans over certain issues associated with the club.

tend to agree with the pointlessness of this thread

but would also point out that WUMs and gas also exist on this forum, so no we don't all support the same club.

In answer to the original question, the answer is yes we do all support the same club, but we have different opinions & theres nothing wrong about that.

If you look at our current starting 11, I doubt there is a single player that is unanimously seen as worthy of their place ... some prefer Weale to Basso, many don't rate our fullbacks, some would bring in Carey for Fonts or McCombe, I'm not sure but I think there is some debate re Lee Johnson but its pretty low profile :tumbleweed:

This time last season Marv would be the nailed on, everyone loves him player, but with his performances to date I doubt thats the case now.

I suspect many of us have similar debates/rows etc with our mates in the pub before/after the game.... it's part of the fun of it.

I do think some folk (including some inside the club) take this forum way too seriously. As others have said it just a modern method of discussing the team, tactics ets & that has gone on since we were Bristol South End.

None taken, i only typed it out of frustration. I put the forum on to see if anything of interest was going on, but found that most threads were full of people rowing.

IMO, we should be enjoying where we are at the moment.

We all have different opinions about players etc but it all comes down to 90 or 180 mins a week and which result we get on the pitch.

I enjoy going to games at the mo ( havent been able to say that at times over the years) because i think we have a good team and our getting (mostly) great support.

This is the best we have had it for 30 years, we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Archived