IGNORED

Fa Cup 2009

bobinrobin

I think 2009 is the 100th anniversary of the only time Bristol City were in an FA Cup final and sometimes these coincidences add up to something ,so does any one know if Gary Johnson has ever had a decent cup run with any of the teams he's managed?, because although I'm not a gambling man I'm thinking about putting a bet on anyway that we reach the final next year :winner_third_h4h: because of the significance of date.

I think 2009 is the 100th anniversary of the only time Bristol City were in an FA Cup final and sometimes these coincidences add up to something ,so does any one know if Gary Johnson has ever had a decent cup run with any of the teams he's managed?, because although I'm not a gambling man I'm thinking about putting a bet on anyway that we reach the final next year :winner_third_h4h: because of the significance of date.

Very good point, I believe it is sir.

Right, i'm off the ladbrooks..

Johnson took Yeovil to the third and fourth rounds of the FA Cup where they lost to Liverpool and Charlton respectively.

Then he took us to the fourth in our promotion winning season obviously losing to Middlesborough.

I'd love a good run in the FA Cup, Cardiff showed what can be done last season.

Third round let's just get a lower league club at home of the Bournemouth/Forest Green ilk and then push on from there.

Johnson took Yeovil to the third and fourth rounds of the FA Cup where they lost to Liverpool and Charlton respectively.

Then he took us to the fourth in our promotion winning season obviously losing to Middlesborough.

I'd love a good run in the FA Cup, Cardiff showed what can be done last season.

Third round let's just get a lower league club at home of the Bournemouth/Forest Green ilk and then push on from there.

Yes, but not Bournemouth, we always bloody lose to them.

Would GJ have been part of the setup at Cambridge when they had their good cup runs in the late 80's / early 90's?

Seem to remember us getting a right thumping in a (2nd?) reply there one year, 5-1 I think?

GJ was number 2 to John Beck I believe, think they had John Taylor (gas) and Deon dublin up front at the time, Bob taylor scored our goal.

Lower league sides in the third and fourth rounds for me, Get into the 5th round then beat boro' 4-0 at the Gate in front of the Sky cameras, Eventually losing to Chelski in the final (19-18 on Pens) and cementing our place in Europe! :noexpression:

Second thoughts might as well win it if we get to the final!!! :noexpression:

Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be.............. :fingerscrossed:

A decent cup run is long overdue for City but it would be nice to progress past the 4th round this time. I would love to draw Arsenal at AG in the 5th Rd, get a draw and then head upto the Emirates for the replay.

In fact I'd like to draw Arsenal at home in any round....Just imagine watching the likes of Fabrigas, Walcott and Adebayor at AG.It would brilliant.

A decent cup run is long overdue for City but it would be nice to progress past the 4th round this time. I would love to draw Arsenal at AG in the 5th Rd, get a draw and then head upto the Emirates for the replay.

In fact I'd like to draw Arsenal at home in any round....Just imagine watching the likes of Fabrigas, Walcott and Adebayor at AG.It would brilliant.

you wouldn't, it would be there reserves.

Archived