IGNORED

On Field Treatment Of Injuries

tompo

I thought Brighton were one of the worse examples of players going down for any little challenge that i have seen. They were so blatently time wasting. i hate to see football played this way. :@ i can't say i was impressed with any of them, no wonder Leon Knight has had some many penalties this year. :clap:

I agree with you that the ammount of time spent dealing with these minor and trivial injuries is getting more and more silly. it does break up the game. The drop ball on Saturday where their player tried booting it into the eastend was in my opinion just the same as kicking the ball away, so could be a card offence?

From what Steve Dunn said when he was on 20mans show once, players have to leave the field for treatment and they are only meant to be assessed by the physio on the pitch. ( obviously not in the case of serious injuries). Once assessed the player should be off the pitch for treatment until waved on again. why doesn't this happen, often the physio has his bag and all his potions out spraying/sponging etc.? :D

The idea behind getting players off the pitch for treatment was originally ment to reduce time wasting and upto a point it has.

Physio's can treat minor knocks with the sponge or spray in a matter of seconds and if the injury is nothing serious play can resume swiftly without too much delay.The problem in my view is when the physio takes a age to do anything and then the "treatment" takes even longer to administer.Its only when the player is up and about that he then has to go off.How pointless is that?

But..ultimately its upto the referee to monitor accurately how long the stoppage is,but most imho don't add nearly enough most games.That said it can work for and against you but probably works equally out over a season.

My beef about time wasting is around the use of substitutes,especially when there are only seonds left.Referee's are advised to add an extra 30 seconds per sub but I don't believe that is mandatory.It certainly should be as most refes don't add anything like 30 secs.

Theoretically that could be 3 mins of added time every time all the subs are used plus what ever "injury time" has already occured.Thats probably why they don't do it.

All good points and it is a problem.

The real reason I get upset about this is that I know we're not going to get that time back.We get so short changed as punters watching footie.How long is the ball in play during a half?

I think its some where between 25-30 mins :D

It should be easy enough.Game stops for injury/booking/penalty/subs..... fine,CLOCK STOPS..and is re=started on whistle.Ref's watch is linked to ground clocks so we can all see whats going on :clap:

Archived