IGNORED

Forum Very Quiet Tonight

Red to the world

.on the result today ?

Surely we should either have the happy clappies talking about a play off place

or the doom and gloomers wondering why we drew at home with a side in the bottom two ?

As I fall into neither camp ( mid table end of season OK with me ) I wonder why the silence...?

Forum has been very quite for a while.

Many down Three Lions but not the whole explanation I'm afraid.

.on the result today ?

or the doom and gloomers wondering why we drew at home with a side in the bottom two ?

As I fall into neither camp ( mid table end of season OK with me ) I wonder why the silence...?

noticed the same thing.........perhaps everyone is watching Strictly Come X-Factor.

as for the game, poor result, defensive you can't give away 2 goals and expect to win games too regularly.

Sooner Carey and McAllister are FULLY fit the better. hopefully for next saturday.

fair result, which is VERY disapointing.

noticed the same thing.........perhaps everyone is watching Strictly Come X-Factor.

as for the game, poor result, defensive you can't give away 2 goals and expect to win games too regularly.

Sooner Carey and McAllister are FULLY fit the better. hopefully for next saturday.

fair result, which is VERY disapointing.

I think we're all too annoyed about the stupid goals we gave away and the last minute penalty miss to post anything rational.

.on the result today ?

Maybe we're all a bit dumbfounded after the penalty miss. Hardly leaves me feeling very chatty anyway.

On a general point several of the more prolific posters seem to have disappeared recently, for one reason or another. :whistle:

Irritating as they may have been to some, the forum will naturally be less lively without them.

I think a fair few will be pretty peed off after todays performance.

We had a right wing back playing at left back, a midfielder playing in central defence (I use the term 'playing' loosely) and a central attacking midfielder playing out on the right, Our left winger seems to think playing on the left isn't part of his brief, and the right sided midfielder whom we brought in from Ipswich was frankly useless.

shambolic was a fair description, the defence started out like they had never met, every time the hard working, but essentially indifferent Forest lads got the ball we seemed to freak out, their first coming after several defenders had decided to lie in a pile on the edge of the area, and whilst Marvins piledriver should have given us the hope and belief that we seem to be lacking, their second goal will be forever etched on my brain.

McCombe got clattered, (thevery poor ref saw fit to not bother reprimanding the forest player who struck him in the face) he held out til halftime, but then Skuse came on.

Now lets play a game of 'You are the defender'

The ball is played across towards you in front of your own goal, the opponent centre forward whilst pacey, is some 20 yards away, do you;

A: dash to the ball and hoof it clear

B: dash to the ball and pass to the right back

C: stand and watch doing absolutely **** all, whilst the player runs past you, picks the ball up and slots it past the hopelessly exposed keeper

Sorry, but I've never seen such idiotic defending. Oh and whilst I'm on my high horse, why didn't we have a DEFENDER on the bench?

Noble was all flicks and ineffective nonsense, Williams was just a waste of turf, Macindoe was just AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Lee J and Marvin worked their nuts off, Fontaine worked very hard, Adebola was magnificent, but what is going on Gary?

because we did well against Southampton Gary decided to do the 'same again' thing (an old habit he has) however Forest are a different side and with dangerous pacey young players like (sob) Tyson we should have been on our guard.

Anyhow, we should have beaten them, we didn't, it was a mess and Gary's tactical decisions were wrong in my book.

Too many lightweight showponies out there, poor bench selection, oh deary me...

Players left out of the starting line up included: One who is on international duty this week and likely to be lining up against Argentina; one who cost £2.5 million at the beginning of the season, one who cost £1 million last year and is a legend at his old club, a home-grown local legend who has been the rock of our defence for some seasons and another current international who we brought in on-loan just a few weeks ago and who is one of the top international goal-scorers of all time. It would be impressive that we have a squad so strong if we beat Nottingham Forest (a bottom two club) without those players but we didn't. We nearly did though and McIndoe cost us two points by failing to net a penalty for the second week running - he should have half his wages docked.

Team selection was suspect and bench selection didn't give us enough options. Gary must be brave enough to change a winning team and use the talent that we have on offer. That line-up worked well against Southampton away - something more attacking is needed against Nottingham Forest at home.

We had a right wing back playing at left back, a midfielder playing in central defence (I use the term 'playing' loosely) and a central attacking midfielder playing out on the right, Our left winger seems to think playing on the left isn't part of his brief, and the right sided midfielder whom we brought in from Ipswich was frankly useless.

shambolic was a fair description, the defence started out like they had never met, every time the hard working, but essentially indifferent Forest lads got the ball we seemed to freak out, their first coming after several defenders had decided to lie in a pile on the edge of the area, and whilst Marvins piledriver should have given us the hope and belief that we seem to be lacking, their second goal will be forever etched on my brain.

McCombe got clattered, (thevery poor ref saw fit to not bother reprimanding the forest player who struck him in the face) he held out til halftime, but then Skuse came on.

The ball is played across towards you in front of your own goal, the opponent centre forward whilst pacey, is some 20 yards away, do you;

C: stand and watch doing absolutely **** all, whilst the player runs past you, picks the ball up and slots it past the hopelessly exposed keeper

Sorry, but I've never seen such idiotic defending. Oh and whilst I'm on my high horse, why didn't we have a DEFENDER on the bench?

Noble was all flicks and ineffective nonsense, Williams was just a waste of turf, Macindoe was just AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Lee J and Marvin worked their nuts off, Fontaine worked very hard, Adebola was magnificent, but what is going on Gary?

because we did well against Southampton Gary decided to do the 'same again' thing (an old habit he has) however Forest are a different side and with dangerous pacey young players like (sob) Tyson we should have been on our guard.

Anyhow, we should have beaten them, we didn't, it was a mess and Gary's tactical decisions were wrong in my book.

Sir,

You are absoloutely on the money with your sypnosis of today's performance from some of our players. Skuse is worst than two men missing, not good enough for this division and playing him and centre back was suicdal. Where was Carey surely he should have been on the bench especially coming throug 90 mins during the week???

Sir,

You are absoloutely on the money with your sypnosis of today's performance from some of our players. Skuse is worst than two men missing, not good enough for this division and playing him and centre back was suicdal. Where was Carey surely he should have been on the bench especially coming throug 90 mins during the week???

It was a fair assesement - apart from saying that Dele was magnificent :laugh:

We certainly look to be a mid table team, who compete. Until we introduce better quality players, who also compete, we will continue to be mid table. A lot of our players are playing at the top of their game and until that changes we should expect every game to consist of fire fighting/kitchen sink chucking. It would be a real treat to see us actually control a game and dominate a team for the vast majority of the game.

On the up side, another solid 17k (considering Forest seem to nring the square root of ...all).

Footballers get paid enough. Every one should be able to put the ball in the net from 12 yards. Fat blokes in the stand can do that!!

Gerrard and Keane missed from one yard today.

If everyone could do it, there'd be no point in awarding a penalty kick, they'd just give a goal.

Having said that, I was astonished that McIndoe was even given the opportunity to take the kick today. Very poor decision by all involved and I'd be amazed if anyone actually believed he was going to score - McIndoe included.

Sums it up fairly well... Only points I would add are:

Adebola played well but not quite magnificent..

McIndoe - Waste of time playing the bloke if he wont stay, or at least attempt to stay, in his position. (Its on the left wing Michael!!) If he takes another penalty this season I may scream.

Where was Trundle? Not even on the bench!

Carey - As above.

Brian Wilson - Useful player on the right hand side, but on the left is totally out of place and it showed today..

Skuse - he aint a center back and it showed today big time.

Elliott looks like he is getting back to his best though, and Lee Johnson is had a good game - so it aint all bad!

I blame Badger for everything that went wrong today. :whistle: Apart from the bloody kamikaze pidgeon that flew head on into my near side headlight on the way to the game - needless to say both are dead now. :noexpression:

Gerrard and Keane missed from one yard today.

If everyone could do it, there'd be no point in awarding a penalty kick, they'd just give a goal.

Having said that, I was astonished that McIndoe was even given the opportunity to take the kick today. Very poor decision by all involved and I'd be amazed if anyone actually believed he was going to score - McIndoe included.

You are right McIndoe should never have been allowed to take it having missed last week. It was a crucial moment in our season. If we miss out on the play-offs by two points then those were the easiest we could get all season. On the wages front - while this week MicIndoe was having a massage, getting a nutritionalist to choose his food and training (hopefully practising penalties) the rest of us were all working long hours and earning a fraction of his pay and then spending it on going to the match. He either should have put the ball in the net or let someone else take it. Instead he grabbed the ball and failed to put it away....mistakes cost points and letting McIndoe take the penalty was a mistake that cost us today. By the way he was my favourite player last season before anyone thinks I have some downer on him.

On the wages front - while this week MicIndoe was having a massage, getting a nutritionalist to choose his food and training (hopefully practising penalties) the rest of us were all working long hours and earning a fraction of his pay and then spending it on going to the match.

jealousy is not good for you!

jealousy is not good for you!

Would be nice to know from the club whether he did practice taking pens this week though wouldn't it? I think we deserve to be told. Set pieces are important in the modern game. We look like we have worked out a few corner and free kick routines but two penalty misses in two games have cost us two points.

Would be nice to know from the club whether he did practice taking pens this week though wouldn't it? I think we deserve to be told. Set pieces are important in the modern game. We look like we have worked out a few corner and free kick routines but two penalty misses in two games have cost us two points.

According to Gary Johnson on Radio Brizzle after the game he has been taking them in training... But wont be taking the next one....

Footballers get paid enough. Every one should be able to put the ball in the net from 12 yards. Fat blokes in the stand can do that!!

Have you ever taken a penelty? I don't mean on fifa, I mean stood behind that spot and looked at a keeper knowing you have to beat him?

Well try doing it when your team is 2-1 down and your goal could save a point in the 93rd minute!!

If you think thats easy can you cure cancer and rid the 3rd world countries of poverty whilst you are at it?! cheers god

Have you ever taken a penelty? I don't mean on fifa, I mean stood behind that spot and looked at a keeper knowing you have to beat him?

Well try doing it when your team is 2-1 down and your goal could save a point in the 93rd minute!!

If you think thats easy can you cure cancer and rid the 3rd world countries of poverty whilst you are at it?! cheers god

Are you saying that it is easier or harder to score penalty depending on the final outcome?

Because the pressure at 2-1 down to gain a point is different to the pressure at 2-2 to win the game?

Just asking? :dunno:

players miss penalties - its part and parcel of the game! no matter how disappointing it is!

Archived