IGNORED

Football Manager 2009: So How Are We Doing?

Pack’s Chin

Club: Havant & Waterlooville

Season: 2008/2009

Position: 3rd in Blue Square South

Signed 2 youngsters on loan from my parent club (portsmouth) a decent striker in Paris Cowen-Hall and a very good goalkeeper in Jon Stewart.

I found recently that i had been keeping my best striker out of the team (Paul Booth), so i put him on the bench a few times and he scored everytime i brought him on, and he is now the leading scorer in BSS.

How is everyone else getting on?

Good, like the 3d matchengine. I'm 4ht with City 12 games in.

Ahh, If you have 60k spare you just have to buy Geoffrey Joudren from Montpellier, he has the potential to be one of the best players at the vlub.

I also paid 400k for Possebon from the mancs and Binya from benfica for 190k, hes awsome too.

I sold McIndoe for 2.4m and bought Lita, who is out for 5 months =(

got city upto the prem, life is tough up there so far, only 6 mill to improve the squad and i spent it all on strikers zaki (still in egypt on 09) and kleber, I'm getting stuffed week in week out, 6 games played, one draw five losses, its not looking good........ on the plus side ribiero if played alot develops into a real prem quality left back, currently worth 2.8mill and climbing by the week, always puts in at least a 7.

9th December -

7th in League two with Bradford.

Took them over to find they are skint, with a crap team......got 7 loan players in, but can only play 5 at once, for some reason its really easy to get Loan players from Glasgow Rangers?

Got Rhys Murphy, just 18 years old, forward from Arsena on loan, scoring goals for fun 13 goals in 18.......John Ruddy from Everton is doing well, but defence is shocking, Roll on Jan transfer window.......if only I had some money to spend

My Biggest and most expensive Signing is Stuart Fleetwood who cost 4k from Charlton.......5 goals in 9 games, but been out injured for last 2 months.

It's tough down the bottom, need to find decent youngsters

on the plus side, I've just got a parent club.....Man U, none of their players will join me, but they are paying me 80k per season which hopefully will go in my transfer pot, if I don't get the sack.

jumped straight into the deep end by taking over luton i didn't think it would be too difficult to avoid relegation, how wrong was i

currently played 33 won 11 drawn 9 lost 13, which means i have grand total of 12 points. chester in 23rd have 19 points and bournemouth in 22nd have 21 points so i'm only 9 points from safety. The main problem i've encountered is scoring goals leading scorer is sam parkin with a massive 8 goals in 27 games, next highest is sol davies a left back with 3!.

cup competitions less said about them the better LC out first round, F.A. cup out first round JPT south semi final.

if anyone knows of strikers that will join a league 2 team and can score that also don't cost any money then your help will be appreciated

Just finished my first season with City, finished 5th and lost in the Play Off semis to Southampton...

Candelario for 95k from Barcelona ECU is a steal, hes brilliant, also loaned Mark Randall off Arsenal Reserves for the season.

Sold McIndoe for 2.8mil and replaced him with Surman for 1.3mil, turns out Brian Wilson is pretty epic on the left flank aswell

and Sproule is INSANELY quick, 20 acceleration and 20 pace, the end product isnt always that bad either.

After 17 Premier League games I'm 5th with Man City.

I was given £55 mil to spend, and bought Darijo Sma for £19 Mil, Joao Moutinho for £12 mil and Yury Zhirkov for the same amount.

After realising that my forwards, Jo in particular just can't cut it, I signed the Serbian Mark Pantelic who seems able to compete in the air, something that Jo and Robhinio just can't do.

Struggling with tactics. My defence is good, but for some reason no matter what style in a 442 I play, goals seem a struggle, especially with a side so full of talent this is annoying. I was using Moutinho or Elano in the middle of the 4 as a playmaker, but have recently changed to a diamond and although you find yourself geting raped down the flanks, chances seem easier to come by.

Just finished my first season with City, finished 5th and lost in the Play Off semis to Southampton...

Candelario for 95k from Barcelona ECU is a steal, hes brilliant, also loaned Mark Randall off Arsenal Reserves for the season.

Sold McIndoe for 2.8mil and replaced him with Surman for 1.3mil, turns out Brian Wilson is pretty epic on the left flank aswell

and Sproule is INSANELY quick, 20 acceleration and 20 pace, the end product isnt always that bad either.

I also sold Mcindoe for 2.8, i also sold Sproule, Adebola,Myrie Williams (800k!!!!),

Bought Surman for 1.2 Mil.. Loaned Jack Collison from West Ham for the season.

The bargin i have got though is Bartosz Salamon from Brescia for 500k, He started by coming off the bench alot, but noble got injured i moved collison to the right hand side and salamon in the middle... he has scored 4 in 6 and have an average rating of 7.7

I am now 34 Games into season and 3rd in the championship. Maynard has got 17 in 31, Trundle has 10 in 24, plummer has 9 in 4 (19),

Surprised by how many Orr is getting from rightback... he has 7 and have nearly all been outside the box on the right hand side!

after 40 games in charge with luton the board sacked me! i was only 6 points from safety with 6 games left, although had just lost 5 in row two of which to my relegation rivals. had to wait about 4months before i got another job at the mighty bedford town in BSN its rather rubbish so ive started a new game with bury.

currently 5 games in with bury, won all 5 league games without conceding a single goal, signed ikeme from wolves on a free what a keeper!. if anyone needs cheap decent players goto an eastern european national team like slovakia and click on domestic it come up with the domestic teams from that country and you can find some gems in those teams a lot of them on frees, also anybody playing with city have a look at andy bishop at bury quality striker

after 40 games in charge with luton the board sacked me! i was only 6 points from safety with 6 games left, although had just lost 5 in row two of which to my relegation rivals. had to wait about 4months before i got another job at the mighty bedford town in BSN its rather rubbish so ive started a new game with bury.

currently 5 games in with bury, won all 5 league games without conceding a single goal, signed ikeme from wolves on a free what a keeper!. if anyone needs cheap decent players goto an eastern european national team like slovakia and click on domestic it come up with the domestic teams from that country and you can find some gems in those teams a lot of them on frees, also anybody playing with city have a look at andy bishop at bury quality striker

Stevilo a little portugese player... plays DM, you can sign him for 18k, He is another Gem that i have found. I have scouted Andy Bishop and they don't seem to think hes good enough and would be 4th choice striker at the club?

started to turn my fist season in the prem with city around, a standard 442 is working okish, alot better than the 451 i started with, a few cheap gems i picked up while in the champoinship are really starting to to give it some for form, skolnik (140k ish) brilliant left winger and can be trained to play in the mddle (now worth 3.5mill and climbing), tomovic (800kish i think) replaced bradley orr on the right and i moved ribiero into the centre of defence to partner carey and fonts as left back, picked up dudek for free in the new year window as basso was injured and he is doing very well, 16th with about a half dozen games to go, i might just stay up if i don't get to many injuries. I do love this version of the game!

Current lineup:

Kleber Zaki

Munteanu Skolnik Lewandowski Cowie

Fontaine Ribiero Carey Tomovic

Dudek

I'm Forest Green Rovers in my game, and i'm in my second season now.

In the first season i signed:

David Bingham on a free (AMLC FC, Tynecastle)

Jonathan Smart for 6k (DC, East Fife)

Stuart Fleetwood for 4k (SC, Charlton)

on loan (full season):

Adrian Leijer (D LC, Fulham)

Nicky Featherstone (MC SC, Hull)

James Chester (DC, Man Utd)

Billy McKay (SC, Leicester)

Finished 8th or 9th in the league, which was ok. I would have easily made the playoffs but for having far too many drawn games when i should have won. Highlights were dispensing two right cuffings to Kettering, despite them finishing above me in the league, and getting to the FA Cup 3rd round proper. I beat Swindon, Leyton Orient (on penalties after a replay) and then lost 2-1 to Watford at Vicarage Road.

In the second season, i'm currently second on goal difference behind Luton. Luton would have got automatic promotion up to League 1 in the first season, but instead got relegated due to points deduction.

Signings this season:

Marco Pelosi on a free (LB, ex-Hearts)

Ciaran Donnelly on a free (AM RC, Albion Rovers)

Sean Grehan on a free (SC, Stirling Albion)

on loan (full season)

Nicholas Bignall (SC, Reading)

Lauri Dalla Valle (AM F/C, Liverpool)

Stephen O'Halloran (D LC, Aston Villa)

Barry Bannan (M LC, Aston Villa)

Well into Jan and I'm 6th. After having the big 4 all in a row, plus a league cup quater against Liverpool, I didn't do to well. I lost at home 2-1 to Chelsea, 2-1 in the cup to Liverpool and lost 2-1 and 3-1 to Arsenal and Liverpool away.

So going into Man U at home I wasn't too hopefull. Infact I was starting to think of starting a new game. When Ronaldo scored early doors it looked bleak, but I ended up sneaking a 2-1 win. Too be honest I was expecting to be arrested for theft, as they bossed me for 90 mins.

Since then Jan has gone well for me, although I've sold Micah Richards for £30 million but plan to replace him with Lescot and fingers crossed a dm and possibly a st.

This game really is growing on me, although I'm slightly dissapointed I wasn't given a January cash boost.

In my 1st season I finished 3rd and lost in the play-off final to Ipswich.

Can I suggest to anyone that starts as City to instantly sign Daniel Aquino and Capdevila from Murcia for a combined total of £700K.

Aquino is only 17 years old and plays ST but is TOP quality. I am getting £5m bids for him now.

Capdevila is a AML and is also quality. You can then sell Mcindoe for £2.5m as Capdevila is a more than good enough replacement.

I am now in 2nd season and am 2nd.

I was given £5.25m to spend and I sold Elliott for £3.5m and BAsso for £3.2m. With my new funds I bought Amr Zaki for £2.5m, Chris Kirkland for £3.4m, Kovacevic (DC) from Dundee UTD for £2.5m and Keith Andrews fro £650K, and bombed a few others out.

I will be disappointed not to get promotion this year.

I jumped in at the deep too with Luton...got about 4 players in with bids of £0 (Nicky Riley(Celtic), Juho Makela(Hearts), El-Agazy(Al-Ahly :innocent06: ), Robbie fowler(Blackburn) who was a very bad call...the other 3 were quality) aswell as a few good loans...finished 20th in my first season with 47 pts...5 points clear of relegation :winner_third_h4h:

Still no transfer budget for the 2nd season but i signed Brooker, Sodje, Chadwick, Jarrett on free's..all 7*'s for league 2!

I've got 2 others going too but Luton's my main game;

With City i've played 3 games and am in 21st :noexpression: ...signed 2 players...a RW from Hearts whose name has evaded me, and Cameron Jerome. Have got Emad Meteb coming next Summer for £375000 :innocent06: !

With Chelsea (Hate them but there a big club with money) i got Maxi Rodriguez for £16m, Adriano for £9m, Owen for £5m and Lee Trundle for £500000 :englandsmile4wf:

I also sold Mcindoe for 2.8, i also sold Sproule, Adebola,Myrie Williams (800k!!!!),

Bought Surman for 1.2 Mil.. Loaned Jack Collison from West Ham for the season.

The bargin i have got though is Bartosz Salamon from Brescia for 500k, He started by coming off the bench alot, but noble got injured i moved collison to the right hand side and salamon in the middle... he has scored 4 in 6 and have an average rating of 7.7

I am now 34 Games into season and 3rd in the championship. Maynard has got 17 in 31, Trundle has 10 in 24, plummer has 9 in 4 (19),

Surprised by how many Orr is getting from rightback... he has 7 and have nearly all been outside the box on the right hand side!

I got Promoted from the championship, finished 2nd but it came down to the last game. I beat Doncaster 3-2 with plummer(2) and carey(1)

I had to win, and Sheff Utd had to either Draw or lose for me to be promoted! ( We were on the same amount of points )

I am now in the Premier League and had 6 mil to spend. i offloaded Salamon for 4 mil (to Newcastle), Orr for 1.2 mil, Mccombe for 500k and Lee Johnson for 990k

I bought Lulinha for 3.5 mil. Jack Collison for 2 Mil. Marcelo(Real Mardrid) for 2 mill(Transfer Listed), Mohamed Kallon (Released by his club after only one season)

My Team Now Looks like this

Basso

Marcelo

Carey

Riberio

Fontaine

Lulinha

Collison

Elliot

Surman

Plummer

Maynard

With Trundle and kallon my next to options as striker!

I am currently 10th in the Premier League after 21 games. Also found i had Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool 3 games on the trot. I lost to Chelsea and Arsenal but manager to get a 0-0 draw at home to liverpool. i only had 3 shots and they had 24!

Maynard has scored 15 in 21 games and Capello is coming to ashton gate to have a little look at him for the next England Squad. Plummer is a England Under 21 althought is a benchwarmer most of the time!

Ill Keep updated!

1st season with Huddersfield (they were managerless at the start so I went with them)

Currently 7th after 13 games. Won 5, Drawn 7, Lost 1. Lost 4-1 at Leeds on the opening day but unbeaten since then, including a rather satisfactory 2-0 win over the Sags, which ended up with me taunting Trollope in the post-match press conference. :) Too many draws though, otherwise I'd be higher.

Signed Myrie-Williams on loan, but he wasn't great and is now injured so he's gone back, as well as Fabio & Possebon on loan from Man Utd who are stars. I also have Phil Jevons in the squad, but he is permanently injured and has managed just 2 games so far.

1st season with Huddersfield (they were managerless at the start so I went with them)

Currently 7th after 13 games. Won 5, Drawn 7, Lost 1. Lost 4-1 at Leeds on the opening day but unbeaten since then, including a rather satisfactory 2-0 win over the Sags, which ended up with me taunting Trollope in the post-match press conference. :) Too many draws though, otherwise I'd be higher.

Signed Myrie-Williams on loan, but he wasn't great and is now injured so he's gone back, as well as Fabio & Possebon on loan from Man Utd who are stars. I also have Phil Jevons in the squad, but he is permanently injured and has managed just 2 games so far.

I've just started a game as Huddersfield as well and i'm just about to start the season away at Rovers. I've signed Otsemobor from Norwich and i'm also likely to sign Demontagnac on a free after offering him a trial. Struggling to find a decent striker to sign though.

I started my City go and after reading that many have got or even got near promotion i must be doing something wrong as i lie around 18th after around 15 games and only taken 1 point out of the last 9 (though that was vs' Wolves, Reading and Birmingham on the bounce!)

I lost McIndoe for 1.4 to celtic but have brought in George Boyd and Lita. Maynard and Nobes are long term injurys. I tried a 4-5-1 but like in real life it seemed to rarley work so have gone back to 4-4-2. Any tactical advice????

Update!

Doing extremley bad this season, still in 1st season with city but am currently 19th (expected to get play-offs).

Signed Nade from hearts and Carlos Ruiz on a free from toronto (he is crap)

put ribiero in 1st team and stambolsiev is a bench warmer, both doing very well.

Thing is i am not gettin bad performances, all players are getting, 7.0+

sold elliott to wolves for 2 million (Lansdown sold him for me:@) and lee johnson for £500,000 to birmingham.

tactic help please!!

I've just started a game as Huddersfield as well and i'm just about to start the season away at Rovers. I've signed Otsemobor from Norwich and i'm also likely to sign Demontagnac on a free after offering him a trial. Struggling to find a decent striker to sign though.

I haven't signed any strikers because I had other areas that needed strengthening. Of the ones that are there, Booth has been my top scorer, and he's one of the favoured personnel with the fans as well, Beckett has chipped in with a few, Parker isn't great and Jevons is perma-injured. I also took Cadamarteri off the transfer list and he's done ok, and I let a couple of the youngsters go on loan. I tend to play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation with 1 central striker, which is usually Booth.

Archived