IGNORED

Football Manager 2009: So How Are We Doing?

Pack’s Chin

Yeah I'm on the latest patch. Played him as a right central defender, scored so many headers from corners it's unbelievable. Was our player of the season hands down. Basso, Orr, McIndoe, Noble and Styvar all had good seasons. Hoping I can bring in Maynard and Ribeiro in the Premier League season. Only made the one signing during the promotion season, that was Jonathan Walters for £2.7m to provide cover/replacements for McIndoe and Sproule, which he did superbly. Got £18m to spend now, not sure who to go for. Probably need a new left back and attacking midfielder(s)/striker.

Currently in my 7th season with City. Top of the prem and just qualified fort knock out stages of Champions league, hopefully i'll get my first trophy this season. Only players left in sqad that play occaisionally are Elliot, Riberio, Fontaine. currently being give 40m a season to get European qualification.

Just got CM 01/02 out with the latest update to this season, so much fun and so much easier :D. Without cheats, got promoted (2nd) first season, and fluked my way to the League and FA cups :D. Then won the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup again with my improved squad 2nd season, and finished 5th. Here's my squad now:

Keepers

Adriano Basso

Robert Green (£4,200,000 from West Ham)

Steve Henderson

Chris Weale

Defenders

Graziano Manzani (Free)

Richard Foster (£1,100,000 from Aberdeen)

Bradley Orr

Phil Neville (£1,600,000 from Everton)

Christian Ribeiro

Jordan Walker

James Wilson

Brian Wilson

Liam Fontaine

Jamie McAllister

Ryan Shawcross (£1,200,000 from Stoke)

Midfield

Frankie Artus

Gavin Williams

Cole Skuse

Marvin Elliot

Neil Kilkenny (£500,000 from Leeds)

Ivan Sproule

Michael McIndoe

Kieron Richardson (£4,000,000 from Sunderland)

David Noble

Strikers

Tristan Plummer

Jennison Myrie-Williams

John Akinde

Nicky Maynard

Didier Drogba (Free)

Peter Styvar

Sold Lee Johnson to Aston Villa for £1,300,000 after they activated his release clause, released Izzy Iriekpen and had Jamie McCombe leave for Sheffield Wednesday on a bosman. Spent £12,000,000 second season in order to keep us up in the prem, and have spent nothing so far this season (all frees).

My current team, nearing the end of the 2012/13 season..:

so1t37.jpg

GK - Sergio Asenjo

Bought for £9m, unbelivable, once saved every penalty in a shootout against Roma. Backup Enyeama is nowhere near him.

DC - Mark Beevers

£1.6m from Sheff Wednesday, just earned his first England cap, hes a demon infront of goal when it comes to set pieces

DC - Mirel Radoi

£2m, very reliable, can also play defensive midfielder, losing a bit of pace now though.

DL - Joe Mattock

Leicester - £2.1m, is now on the verge of being an England regular, hes a mile better than Ribeiro, but Ribs is still decent backup.

DMC - Gojko Kacar

Couldnt believe my luck when i got this guy on a free, getting £20m+ bids for him now, got a hell of a shot on him.

MC - Fabian Delph

£3m. Awesome, just turned 23 and has got 20 caps, captained the team once in an International friendly, gets regular outstanding goals.

MC - Ramires

Might have paid over the odds for this guy at £16m, but hes a bloody good player, either here or DMC. Gets injured too often though.

AMR - Marquinhos

£11.75m, the kid is unbelievable, 20 goals a season from the wing. Naturally a striker but hes got all the qualities needed for a good winger (Crossing 16, Dribbling 19, Passing 16, Technique 18, Creativity 18, Flair 20, Pace 17, Acceleration 16, and also Finishing 17)

AML - Juan Angel Albin

£4.7m, if we didnt have Marquinhos this guy would be the best player, its only January and already he has 17 goals, 16 assists.

FC - Falcao

£7m. Doesn't hit the back of the net too often, but then again with my tactics the wingers score the majority of the goals. Still an assassin when he gets the chance.

Currently 2nd in the prem behind Arsenal, in the knockout stages of the Champs League against Fiorentina, in the final of the League cup.

Just thought I'd use this as a general City management thread, as I'm on CM 01/02 with updated database. In the Prem now, here's the first 11:

GK - Kasper Schmeichel (valued £10m, paid £2.5m for him)

DL - Christian Ribeiro

DR - Bradley Orr

DC - Sean O'Hanlon (£750k from MK Dons, absolute bargain, easily Prem standard defender)

DC - Daniele Bonera (brought in as he has experience, to help leaky defence, £2m)

ML - Walter Lopez (Uruguayan international, signed on a free)

MR - Marvin Emnes (£3.9m, wonderkid winger)

MC - Charles N'Zogbia (£5m)

MC - Babis Nikolaidis (Another wonderkid, £240k)

FC - Peter Crouch (£4.2m, 31 goals in 49)

FC - Jermaine Beckford (£2.6m)

Subs

Basso, Spector (£1.2m), Cranie (£1m), Denilson (Free), Elliot, Styvar, Sproule

Others

Wilson, Myrie-Williams, Fontaine, Akinde, Noble, Tonge (£1.5m), Nicky Hunt (Bosman)

Well i decided not to be City for a change and so took control of Newport County. I have been promoted every season from Blue Square South right through to the Prem.

The only problem i have now is my ground isnt big enough and i will never survive in the Prem on gates of 4400. The board have decided to increase the ground but only by 300 seats. Any one know how i can do it myself? Is there a editor out there yet for this?

I've not heard of one Paul

Been an on off game for me. but finally getting right into it :S

Maynard and stern John are lethal up front, with macheda off the bench

Andrew driver replaced mcccindoe whilst sproule has 15 assists

steven appiah and marvin elliot provide my strength

same back 4 as we currently have

top if the league by 7 points with 15 games left. Prem here we come ;)

should be a fun summer holidays ;)

Guest Owens
Decided to take the cowards way out and retire, now starting a new season with city, drew with crystal palace and derby 1-1 in my first 2 games, signed george boyd from peterborough and rickie lambert from the gas, both are amazing on this years fm.

Rickie Lambert!

:laugh:, Good Signing ;)

On my rovers Team I'm 2nd 17 games into my 1st season, lambert scored 22 in 17 :dancing6:

Got promoted first season, 9 games in and struggling in 17th, which is annoying, seeing as I started the season with a couple of wins. Have already played Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal though, losing 7-1 to Arsenal. Here's my team atm:

GK: Adriano Basso

DR: Josemi (1.7m)

DL: Razvan Rat (2.8m)

DC: Louis Carey

DC: Mark Reynolds (1.5m)

MR: Roy Beerens (4.7m)

ML: Leonardo (2.2m)

MC: Marvin Elliot

AMC: Dialo Guidileye (55k)

FC: Leroy Lita (600k)

FC: Amr Zaki (1.5m)

Subs

Chris Weale

Liam Fontaine

Graham Carey (28k)

Andy van der Meyde (Free)

Jennison Myrie-Williams

Francisco Sandaza (140k)

Marquinhos (3.3m)

I am in the Non-League scene at the moment. Got sacked from City after being 15th in middle of season. Went to Hayes And Yeading and bought a load of out of contract ex league players but they couldn't save me from relegation there. Now at Hyde United in BSN struggling again, although the new batch of ex league players I have signed including Joe Burnell are doing pretty well and results should get better soon.

Archived