IGNORED

Trundle. Why?

militia6

Why did GJ pay a million for him than, are you saying his judgment is that bad.

Probably because at the time we were in serious danger of starting our first season back in The Championship with just Enoch and Jevons to pick from up front. No, it hasn't worked out, but from that perspective it looks a far more sensible gamble to me.

Still, you concentrate on the negatives.

Why did GJ pay a million for him than, are you saying his judgment is that bad.

Haha - don't compose a straw man to then knock down. It happens. Managers sign players - sometimes it don't work out - you don't hang the manager based on that. Raplh Milne? You can take any manager at any level and find plenty of players that didn't work out. Veron? Football isn't an exact science - if it was we could all be managers.

Haha - don't compose a straw man to then knock down. It happens. Managers sign players - sometimes it don't work out - you don't hang the manager based on that. Raplh Milne? You can take any manager at any level and find plenty of players that didn't work out. Veron? Football isn't an exact science - if it was we could all be managers.

I'm not questioning or hanging the manager I'm questioning your judgment that Trundle is not up to Championship football.

If Trundle and Maynard are as bad as some seem to think and our goalscoring problems have NOTHING to do with the style of play then what the hell are Pete and Gary Johnson playing at wasting over £3 million of the club's, or should I say Steve Lansdowns, money?

Well, the answer to your question assumes that you consider that they've been wasting money. I don't, sp perhaps you could tell us what you think then.

You beat me to it, i was just about to say the best make mistakes, Sir alex payed 20 mill for Veron and he was crap.

Probably because at the time we were in serious danger of starting our first season back in The Championship with just Enoch and Jevons to pick from up front. No, it hasn't worked out, but from that perspective it looks a far more sensible gamble to me.

Still, you concentrate on the negatives.

Football managers don't gamble on £1 million of our money, at least I hope not.

At the time GJ thought he was up to it.

Wheres the negative.

I'm trying to make the point that IMO Trundle can play in the Championship, and that GJ obviously did too, and you call that negative?

Your last sentence is unneccessarily provocative.

I'm trying to make the point that IMO Trundle can play in the Championship, and that GJ obviously did too, and you call that negative?

I'm sure GJ thought he could - but he hasn't proven that he can. Time to move on - it's been a season and a half.

Well, the answer to your question assumes that you consider that they've been wasting money. I don't, sp perhaps you could tell us what you think then.

I think we play a negative style of football overall with wingers rarely getting down the line to get crosses in and central midfield players holding their positions rather than attacking the box. As a consequence i think that we'll never have a twenty goal a season forward until our style of play changes.

I think we play a negative style of football overall with wingers rarely getting down the line to get crosses in and central midfield players holding their positions rather than attacking the box. As a consequence i think that we'll never have a twenty goal a season forward until our style of play changes.

Well, it worked well enough for us last season.and we're only 3 points outside the play-offs this season. Why change a successful strategy?

I'm sure GJ thought he could - but he hasn't proven that he can. Time to move on - it's been a season and a half.

By default our team ended up including Trundle, Noble and Carle for the last few games of last season, during which time we played our best and most entertaining football - I should know (ok, opinion), I was there for every single one of them.

In my opinion had we carried on this season where we left off last, in terms of personnel, we could now easily be riding high playing entertaining football.

Well, it worked well enough for us last season.and we're only 3 points outside the play-offs this season. Why change a successful strategy?

Yh it worked well last year but we are starting to get found out.

People need to accept that Maynard and co will never get over 10 goals with the way we are playing.

By default our team ended up including Trundle, Noble and Carle for the last few games of last season, during which time we played our best and most entertaining football - I should know (ok, opinion), I was there for every single one of them.

In my opinion had we carried on this season where we left off last, in terms of personnel, we could now easily be riding high playing entertaining football.

I tend not to agree - but fair enough.

We are also only 9pts off relagation zone, how the hell is that successful !!!!

What would you call successful? 9 years in league 1 perhaps? Where we are is where I would call successful - yes. That doesn't mean it couldn't bet better - it doesn't mean I woudn't like it to be better - but where we are is still successful.

Because we're not in the bottom three yet. Some people are happy with mediocracy. Let him enjoy it.

So you believe that being closer to the play-offs than the relegation zone is mediocrity? You must've been slashing your wrists after Brian Tinnion at Swansea then! Have the scars healed? And God knows how you survivied the overdose you must've taken after GJ's first 9 games!!!

What would you call successful? 9 years in league 1 perhaps? Where we are is where I would call successful - yes. That doesn't mean it couldn't bet better - it doesn't mean I woudn't like it to be better - but where we are is still successful.

If a company makes 4m one year and then starts only making 1m the next, serious heads will roll.

This time last season we were knocking on the door, and not far off the pace, this season we are not producing anything and current form table actually see's us as a relagation candidate, if you are 4th and get to the playoff final one year you should aim to achieve higher or at least match your previous position, at the start of the season, GJ said himself the aim is automatic and I believe we have the players to get there, now I'm sorry but we're a far cry off a promotion team and even a top half team on recent performances, by our managers targets we are underachieving and also looking at the table we have gone backwards this season from last season, I'm not saying the Championship is a welcomed success, but when you get there you need to progress and also maintain a good position, at present we look unable to win games and show the same class the majority of the same players showed last season, its all well being over happy and optimistic thinking where we have come from and what Gary has done for the club but I don't get how fans can can't be frustrated or annoyed and sadened by how we are currently playing.

The always believe nature seems to have brainwashed people into thinking there is nothing wrong, our current form is very worrying for me and is form of relagation candidates, I'm amazed so many still think its hunky dorey.

Nobody in any walk of life can perform persistently when they are not given a chance too.

Trundle, like any player needs 2 to 3 games on the trot (as a starter) and then he may start producing over the next few games.

Shame McIndoe, Johnson, Orr etc. cannot perform consistently every week then they would be in the side. :whistle2:

It's true that McIndoe and Orr play whatever and they are two of the biggest culprits.

As for Trundle, sadly it does look as though his days are over. On Thursday his car was at AG between 11-30am-12pm. Shouldn't he have been training? I doubt very much that he is injured.

Another poor defeat justifies his recall and start , but it probably won't happen.

Ah the play-offs. A couple of decent games and he deserves to play whatever?? The reply was on topic.

So it's clear:

Carle - No good;

Trundle - Fancy dan with no substance. Had a good run last season but didn't do it. Has played a few times tis season but still doesn't do it. Time to say thanks.

Carle who was highly praised by Radio Bristol on a number of times, a quality footballer, whereas we have problems that we have no midfielders who can play in a 4man midfield alongside Elliott, because neither Noble, LJ or Willaims can do it?

yet Carle....the one who actually can play......does well and gets flogged?

Carle who was highly praised by Radio Bristol on a number of times, a quality footballer, whereas we have problems that we have no midfielders who can play in a 4man midfield alongside Elliott, because neither Noble, LJ or Willaims can do it?

yet Carle....the one who actually can play......does well and gets flogged?

Do you dream about Carle?

Sproule, Trundle, Maynard.....£4m of players who Gary Johnson can't get the best out of? Bad Judgment? Panic Signings?

or is it all 3 players fault?

If a company makes 4m one year and then starts only making 1m the next, serious heads will roll.

What?

This time last season we were knocking on the door, and not far off the pace,

In what was generally accepted as a poor league. So were we playing better or were the other teams just not so good as this season?

The always believe nature seems to have brainwashed people into thinking there is nothing wrong, our current form is very worrying for me and is form of relagation candidates, I'm amazed so many still think its hunky dorey.

There's a difference between saying we're relegation fodder and everything is hunkey dorey. I don't think anyone's saying we've reached our peak and have no need to improve further.

What?

It means if a company (or a team in our case) do very well one year and very poor the next, its considered under achieving and disappointing, someone should be looking to turn it around.

In what was generally accepted as a poor league. So were we playing better or were the other teams just not so good as this season?

A poor league in that the top 3 last year who haven't gone mad in the transfer market are all performing well in prem, whilst we are struggling to get draws against teams we beat comprehensively last season, we've gone backwards. There are 2 or 3 decent teams this season, but we shouldn't have slipped as much as we have.

There's a difference between saying we're relegation fodder and everything is hunkey dorey. I don't think anyone's saying we've reached our peak and have no need to improve further.

The stats say we're a relagation team on our last 6 matches, that to me is a serious worry, especially when a couple of the teams we played have been struggling this season.

So you believe that being closer to the play-offs than the relegation zone is mediocrity? You must've been slashing your wrists after Brian Tinnion at Swansea then! Have the scars healed? And God knows how you survivied the overdose you must've taken after GJ's first 9 games!!!

Where are we, 11th, something like that? I think that's mid table/mediocre. I go to most games, I think we play poor to mediocre football this season. largely due to the mediocre players the manager selects and the unimaginative tactics he employs. And I'm fine thanks, no scars , no stomach pumping. Considering prozac but fully intend to take it as recommended by the professionals. Ah now that would be me wouldn't it?

we are struggling to get draws against teams we beat comprehensively last season, we've gone backwards.

Really? Which teams have we struggled to get draws against that we beat comprehensively last season?

The stats say we're a relagation team on our last 6 matches, that to me is a serious worry, especially when a couple of the teams we played have been struggling this season.

And the actual table says we're three points off the play offs. I know which table I think is more important.

People seem to have quickly forgotten that just 18 months ago we were promoted to this division and the vast majority of fans were talking of consolidating in this league, building on that platform and trying to push on from there over three or four seasons.

In our first season we finished fourth and we now find ourselves 11th after 18 games, just three points off the play offs, yet people are hitting the panic button.

The truth is, despite people saying they wanted us to consolidate in this division, there are some who don't have the stomach and/or patience for it and demand instant success or dismissal of the manager.

I find it quite astonishing.

I don't see why Gary keeps on leaving Trundle out. When I've seen him this season (admittedly only twice), he's looked good. He's got that bit of class that arguably no other player in the team has (as shown by his goal at Birmingham). What's more, when I see that Trundle is starting I feel that bit more excited and confident. When I see that Adebola's starting alone I expect a lot of hopeful balls forward up to him.

Trundle is a talismanic figure for whatever team he plays for and, in my opinion, needs to be in every 16 man squad if fully fit.

Really? Which teams have we struggled to get draws against that we beat comprehensively last season?

And the actual table says we're three points off the play offs. I know which table I think is more important.

People seem to have quickly forgotten that just 18 months ago we were promoted to this division and the vast majority of fans were talking of consolidating in this league, building on that platform and trying to push on from there over three or four seasons.

In our first season we finished fourth and we now find ourselves 11th after 18 games, just three points off the play offs, yet people are hitting the panic button.

The truth is, despite people saying they wanted us to consolidate in this division, there are some who don't have the stomach and/or patience for it and demand instant success or dismissal of the manager.

I find it quite astonishing.

It's not astonishlng I'm afraid, and your ability to quote stats and therefore detract from the very obvious failngs of the team this season by making this argument into a trainspotters where are we now in comparison to the dark days under ( insert managers name) doesn't take into account the fact that we are playing poor football, possibly due to the fact we're not picking our best players , those we are picking are often played out of position and if you go to the games you recognize the recurring theme of desperately hanging on to slender leads and at no time attempting to assert authority on the game and possibly more importantly to entertain.

Essentially even when we win we look poor.

It's not astonishlng I'm afraid, and your ability to quote stats and therefore detract from the very obvious failngs of the team this season by making this argument into a trainspotters where are we now in comparison to the dark days under ( insert managers name) doesn't take into account the fact that we are playing poor football, possibly due to the fact we're not picking our best players , those we are picking are often played out of position and if you go to the games you recognize the recurring theme of desperately hanging on to slender leads and at no time attempting to assert authority on the game and possibly more importantly to entertain.

Essentially even when we win we look poor.

I wasn't referring to "where are we now in comparison to the dark days". I was referring to where we expected to be at this stage 18 months ago.

Personally, some disappointing results and performances aside, I would say we have at the very least matched, and in most cases surpassed, what we all expected and would have accepted, if we take ourselves back to the start of the 2007/08 season.

Archived