IGNORED

Peacock

fRed

Danny Wilson shows remarkable faith in Lee Peacock, he is never substituted and is often played when he's far less than 100% fit.

Given the manager's faith in Lee, surely it is strange the Lee hasn't been offered a new contract. Come the end of this season Lee will be able to leave on a Bosman.

Surely the fact that Lee hasn't been given a new contract boils down to Steve Lansdown? After all, he's the one that pays his wages.

So tell me why Lee hasn't got a contract extension, does Steve L think he's not good enough, or is he on too high a wage? Come the end of the season we could lose him to a close competitor like Swindon or Plymouth.

I think the board prefer to let players know during the season that they will be offered new deals and then negotiate them at the end of the season when they know what division they'll be in and what the board can afford. This is the gist of what I got at either the Tinman evening or the last shareholders meeting (can't remember which) As the Lee-I-am farce suggested, this is a very risky policy to have, and I'd have thought it wiser to have had clauses in the contract that would allow the level of football to dictate the wages, i.e. these are your 2nd div wages...if we go up, it'll increase to this, if we stay down, they won't change. Surely a more sensible way, I'd have thought? :Confused13:

Guest Red_Rat

It is vital to our future that we resign our players,especially our home grown talent,If players are released wothout signing a new contract it will be a disaster

I Think the Manager/Chairman looks at there performance during the season, and will see how there doing, i would sign Danny Coles up now as, he will leave in the summer for nothing(or very little as he is under 25).

I Think it is vital to sign LeeP up as like i said in a previous thread, no one looks like scoring apart from him. Also if we leaves we have Roberts, M.Brown, Miller and Lita on our books, WHAT A FRONT LINE. 2 of them are wingers one is still ajusting to our level but looks promising with the right player and the other isnt strong enough to play at our level for a full 90. Matthews will be let go sadly so he isnt included in this.

So if LeeP goes, no one will be signed and once again we will be in Division 2 for another 5 years until the board pulls there finger out, keeps the best players and also signs some on when it looks grim(I.E now)

Then in

Guest citysnumber7

peacock is a good player, and lita is also good but he should not beet him into the team, mathews si also a very good player, he knows what he is doing and he can score golas, miller isnt all that everyone makes him out to be

just a quick question:

say peacock hits top form again- and scores goal after goal for us- but then says he will leave at the end of the season for a 'better club', should we sell him in january for any money we could get? or keep him an hope he could get us promoted, which may be worth losing any transfer fee we would receive?

Conspiracy theory!

Barry Fry has always fancied Peacock, but couldn't afford him.

During the Summer and two weeks ago, City have enquired about Leon McKenzie.

Both players are out of contract at the end of the season.

Is a player exchange in the offing?

Guest Bristol_Babe

Peacock - Resign him... Proven goalscorer.

Coles - Get his signature down... Has the fans respect and is role model for Youth talent.

[Edit - Coles now has a 1 year extension!]

Matthews - Quality player when fit... Bit of a super sub... I sense good things going to come from him... Wait til mid - late season.

Support the REDS!

Archived