IGNORED

I Am Indebted To The Red Goblin

NickJ

Dr Goebbels said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.".....

A very inciteful quote. I just got back from Berlin and learnt a lot about how the Nazis managed to manipulate the German nation to be a country of mass murderers.

Anyway.

There is no smoke without fire is another useful saying we could apply to the Ashton Gate situation right now.

The stories I have heard include Player A told xxxxxx Player B is crap, or similar, and Player C had a fight on the coach back from Sheffield, or similar.

Is there anything in it? Almost certainly not, but lets put it this way, who would sit down one day and say "I know, lets make up story about a Player C having a fracas on the coach with his own team mates?".

Discuss at your peril.

There is no smoke without fire is another useful saying we could apply to the Ashton Gate situation right now.

The stories I have heard include Player A told xxxxxx Player B is crap, or similar, and Player C had a fight on the coach back from Sheffield, or similar.

Is there anything in it? Almost certainly not, but lets put it this way, who would sit down one day and say "I know, lets make up story about a Player C having a fracas on the coach with his own team mates?".

Discuss at your peril.

Fall outs between managers and players, players and other players are common place at all football clubs. The recent buisness with Gallas mouthing off to the media about problems in the Arsenal camp prompted many ex- pro footballer pundits to come out and say just that. Most of them also commented that what goes on in the dressing room and on the training ground should stay there.Quite right to.

The point being that I've no doubt that things have/do go on in the City camp. You have a group of 25 odd competitive blokes working together and human nature tells you that they aren't all going to get along all of the time. Conflict is bound to (and certainly does) happen.

Players are also human and they have friends/family outside of the football club and thats often where rumours originate from. Rumours also come from a number of other sources. There are ancillary staff employed by football clubs who also have friends/families and so the rumour mill will continue to grind. Add to that the effect of 'chinese whispers' and we can all see how distorted things become.

As for people starting unfounded rumours with malicious intent. I'd like to think that that doesn't happen but........ :disapointed2se:

What's always struck me about the rumour mill is that the reality is no matter how good you think your source is, it still doesn't neccessarily mean what you are being told is 100% accurate.

Your source could be Gary Johnson, a first team player, Steve Lansdown for all I care - still does not mean that what they're telling you is right as there may be a very good reason for not doing so!

I have a case example when I was told by what I thought to be an extremely good source that player x was not signing for us, only for two days later for it to be announced that player x HAD signed.

Rumours should be taken lightly, there's so many banded about - some will be on the money, but in my experience most WON'T.

I don't see the big deal of players have a bust-up. It's inevitable - especially after a defeat. Every dressing room I've been in has had one if the players care enough for it to hurt after losing. Things get said in the heat of the moment that aren't meant.

Personally, I'd be more worried if I heard reports of the players having a good laugh on the coach back from Sheffield - I can't imagine many of us fans did!!

Dr Goebbels said "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.".....

A very inciteful quote. I just got back from Berlin and learnt a lot about how the Nazis managed to manipulate the German nation to be a country of mass murderers.

Anyway.

Discuss at your peril.

:noexpression: I read the first bit and fell asleep. Boo! :fastasleep:

Discuss at your peril.

The Germans actually managed to kill millions before their *unacceptable word* period - look up World War 1.

To quote Joe Stalin, "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

With regard to those in control at BCFC rumour control, all I'm interested in is promotion and winning games to gain that promotion restarting with a win against Watford this evening. You Redzzzz. :winner_third_h4h:

The Germans actually managed to kill millions before their *unacceptable word* period - look up World War 1.

To quote Joe Stalin, "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

Or as he said on March 1, 1953 - "Does this dinner taste off to you Nikita?" :noexpression:

The Derek Riordan saga ?

IIRC, the bloke worked for PTV and the club sent out a false rumour. As a result of this, the bloke lost his job, house and missus, maybe he was abit stupid for doing it, but I don't believe he meant any harm.

Sad tale if I've got it right.

Archived